Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top five Allen Central players/All time
Phil Slone was the all-time leading scorer at AC before Jenkins broke it and I think that Jeremy Hall who is my 2nd best is 2nd all-time.
Jeremy Hall
Phil Slone
Mark Martin
Tim Lawson
Thomas Jenkins
So the all time scoring is as followed 1.Thomas Jenkins 2.Phil Slone 3.Jeremy Hall...Correct
Oh yea, I forgot about Tim Lawson.What about Rick Pack.Anyone remember him?
My top 5 in no paticular order.
PG-Jeremy Hall
SG-Shawn Newsome
SF-Mike Slone
PF-Thomas Jenkins
C-Matt Baker

Jeremy Hall was the best shooter and probabily the best overall player to ever play there, Shawn Newsome was Probabily the most explosive offensive player, Thomas Jenkins and Mike Slone were probabily the two best athletes to play there, and Matt Baker even though he only played one season at AC was probabily the dominating big man to play at Allen Central(if not him Bruce Mullins) and was one of the top players to ever play at Alice Lloyd, so thats my Opinion on this.
Man there has been some great ones to go through Ac
gish_7 Wrote:Man there has been some great ones to go through Ac
I agree, I Honestly believe that Paintsville and Allen Central are Probabily the two most Tradition Rich "Basketball Schools" in Eastern Ky. Allen Central has only won 1 Regional title but have had maybe 3 losing seasons in their existance and I believe that was the past three seasons. But Allen Central has had as Much Individual talent as any school in Eastern Ky, or even the state Through the years. Coach Martin has sent at least 10 players to the Next Level that I can think of.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I agree, I Honestly believe that Paintsville and Allen Central are Probabily the two most Tradition Rich "Basketball Schools" in Eastern Ky. Allen Central has only won 1 Regional title but have had maybe 3 losing seasons in their existance and I believe that was the past three seasons. But Allen Central has had as Much Individual talent as any school in Eastern Ky, or even the state Through the years. Coach Martin has sent at least 10 players to the Next Level that I can think of.

Maybe So but Clay Co. would rate up there with those two.
Nike Man Wrote:Jeremy Hall
Phil Slone
Mark Martin
Tim Lawson
Thomas Jenkins

good list
Moe Wrote:Maybe So but Clay Co. would rate up there with those two.
I ment 15th region instead of eastern Ky, my bad.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:My top 5 in no paticular order.
PG-Jeremy Hall
SG-Shawn Newsome
SF-Mike Slone
PF-Thomas Jenkins
C-Matt Baker

Jeremy Hall was the best shooter and probabily the best overall player to ever play there, Shawn Newsome was Probabily the most explosive offensive player, Thomas Jenkins and Mike Slone were probabily the two best athletes to play there, and Matt Baker even though he only played one season at AC was probabily the dominating big man to play at Allen Central(if not him Bruce Mullins) and was one of the top players to ever play at Alice Lloyd, so thats my Opinion on this.
I forgot about Matt Baker, I remember when he was at Valley...:thumpsup:
Larry Mullins is another one who hasn't been mentioned much...at least good enough to be mentioned..he was one of the better PG's to play at AC.
The top four players are easy picks for me, but the 5th spot will be difficult to place. Jeremy Hall, Shawn Newsome, Thomas Jenkins, and Mike Slone would be my top 4. At #5 It would eighter have to be Nick Sammons,Phil Slone,Tim Lawson,Gary Hunter,Larry Mullins, or Bruce Mullins all of those guys could play. AC has had some good players over the years.
Thats Right
Jermey Hall......Matt Baker......Kevin Stumbo.....Thomas Jenkins......Todd Howard
Timbo Lawson was awesome. I think he lives where Superman lives. Metropolis, Illlinois. He could light you up in a hurry!