Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County in South Carolina.
Harlan County to play in a tournament in South Carolina. Their bracket is tough. They play a defending 3A state champ from South Carolina and a 6A state champion from Tennessee.
Some recruits down here too! Looking at several of the kids; one in particuliar from Andrews SC. Bears have their work cut out for them!!!
Good luck Bears!!!!
I used to live in SC after I got out of the military, but my heart and home is always been KY so go show them folks in SC what KY basketball is all about!
Good luck HC from JAG NATION, Granny be safe and again thankyou for all your kind words.
Harlan County with a big win and will stay in the winners bracket. Final 82-77.
bear claw Wrote:Harlan County with a big win and will stay in the winners bracket. Final 82-77.

Nice HC, keep it up! From Jag Nation
Thanks guys!!! Check out the updates in the "Hilton Head Classic" thread!!!!

I just thought of something....it's 12/22 and I'm still here!!!!
:Clap::Clap:
Even though were rivals in both basketball and football, represent ky basketball in a good way. We know you guys will, good luck to the bears
Granny Bear Wrote:Some recruits down here too! Looking at several of the kids; one in particuliar from Andrews SC. Bears have their work cut out for them!!!

Yes there is... Wink Hahahaha
Big victory today against White Knoll!! Harlan County Bears. 56. White Knoll. 34
Extremely physical game!!

Championship game tomorrow against Hilton Head Seahawks!!

Sorry for all the errors....using cell phone!!
Information via cell phone!! Sad

Final from Hilton Head Classic championship game.

Harlan County Black Bears. 54
Hilton Head Seahawks. 47

Congratulations Black Bears!!

Bringing it home!!!!
Wink
Well done HC, proud of you guys. Congrats from JAG NATION.
Thanks for all the support guys!! Fun tournament!!

Thankful to be home safely!!
congrats on the big wins, and good way to represent kentucky basketball. glad everyone made it home safely, happy holidays from perry county!!!
I dont know who HC beat in the first round, but the 2 teams they beat in the semifinals and finals are ranked 54th and 59th in the state of South Carolina by Max Preps rankings... One team has a 6-5 record and the other is 5-5? doesnt sound like a tournament filled with strong competition?
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/wha...l/home.htm

Whale Branch was the first game; according to the maxpreps link above, they are ranked 16th in the state. They are defending state champs in their division.

White Knoll is ranked 54, but that was the most physical game I've ever seen HC play.
They beat a 6A team out of Tennessee to get to that bracket.

Maybe these teams aren't strong, but I can tell you from someone who saw last year and this year's games; the competition was much better this year.
Granny Bear Wrote:http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/wha...l/home.htm

Whale Branch was the first game; according to the maxpreps link above, they are ranked 16th in the state. They are defending state champs in their division.

White Knoll is ranked 54, but that was the most physical game I've ever seen HC play.
They beat a 6A team out of Tennessee to get to that bracket.

Maybe these teams aren't strong, but I can tell you from someone who saw last year and this year's games; the competition was much better this year.
Forgive for being a realist mam, but I googled schsl.org and searched their 2012 state basketball championships and discovered that Whale Branch is actually just a class A school and they were defeated in the round of 32 in that class... They didn't make the final 16 in class A and did not win a state championship...
Nothing to forgive!! I was under a wrong impression evidently.