Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 56 - Hazard 55
Final from Hazard
Surprised by this score. Good win for Estill
I guess Hazard was still seeing the bright lights of Vegas.
Estill now 2-13. Still hearing talk of hotseat getting hotter.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Estill now 2-13. Still hearing talk of hotseat getting hotter.

from what I was told by the administration that is completely false. No reason for Coach McKinley to be on the hot seat
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Estill now 2-13. Still hearing talk of hotseat getting hotter.

For the past several years, Estill County starts the season out very poorly, however by seasons end Coach McKinley has his teams ready for the post season. He has already won two or three district championships since he has been at Estill.
He's got 3, he's gotten to the regional semi-final once that has happened since Jaree Wiseman was coach back at the beginning of 2000 where she took back to back teams to the regional championship, one year she came up 2 points shy of winning the 10th region. Coach McKinley will have another district title either next year or the year after that, Estill won't have a single senior player next year so meaning that next year's entire team will be returning for 2015/16.
Bad day for Hazard fans everywhere.
Strikeout King Wrote:from what I was told by the administration that is completely false. No reason for Coach McKinley to be on the hot seat
Strikeout I like you, but tell my why you think they would say anything publicly if this was true? Think about it.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Strikeout I like you, but tell my why you think they would say anything publicly if this was true? Think about it.

Why would he be on the hot seat to begin with? 3 District championships, 1 regional semi-final, a place they haven't been since the early 2000's when Jaree Wiseman was coach. He took a team that was averaging 1-6 wins a year to a 6 win team his first year, a 14 win team his second and this is the only year he hasn't won 10+ games since he's been here and another reason he has coached this team in the past where they'd start off the season slugish and by Mid-January beginning of February they'd be rocking and another reason it's false is because the administration asked me who I thought you where (please don't reveal your idenity for everyone to see, only do that in PM's) I told them I didn't know and that this was only a rumor that gotten started by someone who they didn't know who started it and that it was completely false. I'll talk to them again this Friday when Estill plays Owsley in a boy girl double header