Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 67 South Laurel 44
Final.
This one was at South.
Whitley Co. 14 18 14 21 67
South Laurel 12 10 6 16 44

Whitley Co. (3-0) -- Powers 15, Smith 20, Craig 5, Johnson 13, Dingess 2, Jones 2, Sizemore 4, Vanderpool 2.

South Laurel (1-2) -- Arthur 23, Clonce 2, Miller 9, Baker 8, Reynolds 2.
Powers and Smith had great nights, Craig returned for 5 points, but Arthur was to much down low.

Powers and Smith have developed into the best 1-2 guard combo in the region IMO.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Powers and Smith had great nights, Craig returned for 5 points, but Arthur was to much down low.

Powers and Smith have developed into the best 1-2 guard combo in the region IMO.
Powers and Smith had Great nights you are right I went to this game too! Arthur was too much for Dingiss and Sizemore....Craig did not start and played less than 2 quarters. While Craig was on the floor Arthur was totally ineffective. Head to Head....Craig 5 pts....Arthur 2. It was enjoyable to watch how effective it was to have all the previous starters playing together again. Glad Craig is back!!!:Thumbs:
I was impressed with Arthur when South played at Harlan County.
She may be the second best post player in the region behind Madden.
I agree with HDE, I would put Arthur at 2nd best post player in region. When Craig gets back to full speed that will probably change. Chesnut is also very good, hard to defend her and Madden for most teams..Morris, Sanders and Garnett are probably my pick for guard combo's they can do it all.

This is a great win for Whitley, but a long season and South has a great coach, Does this district still seed or draw?
It feels like Arthur has been playing at South for 10 years.
Shes always been pretty good down low and this year she is definitely a top 3 in the region.

When Craig is fully healthy, i expect a litte change in that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It feels like Arthur has been playing at South for 10 years.
Shes always been pretty good down low and this year she is definitely a top 3 in the region.

When Craig is fully healthy, i expect a litte change in that.
Try not to make it so obvious you have a bias toward Craig.....How can you root for a team and still be so against one of it's best players? You really do have a problem.....sad...:Shaking:
^
It's called being a realist.

Your crazy if you wouldnt take an Arthur on your team.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:[B][B]Try not to make it so obvious you have a bias toward Craig.....How can you root for a team and still be so against one of it's best players? You really do have a problem.....sad...:Shaking:

That's the pot calling the kettle black. All of your comments of praise and your immediate defensiveness for Craig make people not want to root for her, even though she is good. It drives people NUTS!!!!:insane:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
It's called being a realist.

Your crazy if you wouldnt take an Arthur on your team.
What's so real about trashing a young girl every chance you get...It would be different if you actually told the truth and didn't constantly try to twist the facts to make her look bad. A perfect example is what you said earlier, trying to imply she couldn't contain Arthur. Anyone who attended last night's game knows how wrong you are. So keep trashing her, what goes around comes around bubba... Oh and by the way, I never said I wouldn't like Arthur on my team...she would be awesome playing next to Craig down low.:dontthink
JohnDeere Wrote:That's the pot calling the kettle black. All of your comments of praise and your immediate defensiveness for Craig make people not want to root for her, even though she is good. It drives people NUTS!!!!:insane:
I am a fan of hers and nothing that is said on this site will change that. I will defend any young lady who is getting trashed on this site for no reason other than petty jealousy...if you don't like it don't read my post...and if it's driving you crazy...I would say...you don't have far to drive!

:happytear:
I will tell you one thing, "run it up the gut" if you don't want her at Whitley tell her to come on down here to Bell Co. We will appreciate her and the fans and coach will love her. Morris and Craig would take us to state! COME BE A MOUNTAIN GIRL!!!!
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:What's so real about trashing a young girl every chance you get...It would be different if you actually told the truth and didn't constantly try to twist the facts to make her look bad. A perfect example is what you said earlier, trying to imply she couldn't contain Arthur. Anyone who attended last night's game knows how wrong you are. So keep trashing her, what goes around comes around bubba... Oh and by the way, I never said I wouldn't like Arthur on my team...she would be awesome playing next to Craig down low.:dontthink

What the hell are you talking about?
Not once, NOT ONE TIME have i ever said anything negative about Craig.
I love the fact that shes on our team. Sorry if i dont agree that shes our best scorer. That will be proved.

I typically only make fun of you because you make it so obvious.
Yes Craig is a good player, and yes, if we want to win region, we need her, its not going to happen without her.

And yes, what goes around comes around. Watch yourself.
Basketball Wall Wrote:I will tell you one thing, "run it up the gut" if you don't want her at Whitley tell her to come on down here to Bell Co. We will appreciate her and the fans and coach will love her. Morris and Craig would take us to state! COME BE A MOUNTAIN GIRL!!!!

I will tell you one thing "Basketball Wall", Bell County is no more of a mountain school then Whitley. Hell, they even border each other.

Get a map.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I am a fan of hers and nothing that is said on this site will change that. I will defend any young lady who is getting trashed on this site for no reason other than petty jealousy...if you don't like it don't read my post...and if it's driving you crazy...I would say...you don't have far to drive!

:happytear:

I don't think I have seen one person on this site trash Craig. In fact, I have seen just the opposite. Everyone agrees that she is good and will get even better. However, just because people don't say she is the BEST in the region, a D-1 shoe-in, a Miss Kentucky Basketball candidate, you get highly offended. :ChairHit:

Let me educate you a little bit. It is all about POINT AVERAGES PER GAME. Madden 20+, Morris 25+, Chestnut 15+, Smith 15+...That's why these players and others get most of the praise, because they have the stats to back it up. Now, as Craig heals and gets more playing time, I'm sure she will have the stats to back up your constant argument. :argue:

I read earlier in this thread where a comment was made that "Arthur was too much down low." You immediately went on the defense making it CLEAR by mentioning player's names that she was too much for Digniss and Sizemore, not Craig. I don't recall anyone saying Craig couldn't handle her, heck, no one even mentioned her name, but man, you sure was quick to. You even said she played less than two quarters, so how do you get that they were saying Craig couldn't handle her??<----- This is exactly what I mean by driving people nuts.

I can't help but to read your posts. Ignorance is so entertaining. It's like watching an episode of Jerry Springer. :popcorn:
JohnDeere Wrote:Let me educate you a little bit. It is all about POINT AVERAGES PER GAME.

I can't help but to read your posts. Ignorance is so entertaining. It's like watching an episode of Jerry Springer. :popcorn:

This statement proves your basketball IQ....It's not about scoring...it's about the team and doing what is necessary to make the team better. You would be well served to speak with a college coach and ask them what they look for in order to play at the next level.

Your posts are quit amusing as well....I burst out laughing as soon as I read this one! Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What the hell are you talking about?
Not once, NOT ONE TIME have i ever said anything negative about Craig.
I love the fact that shes on our team. Sorry if i dont agree that shes our best scorer. That will be proved.

I typically only make fun of you because you make it so obvious.
Yes Craig is a good player, and yes, if we want to win region, we need her, its not going to happen without her.

And yes, what goes around comes around. Watch yourself.
Now that is a funny statement....if this is an example of your good talk I would hate to see your negative statements... The "Watch yourself" statement seems awfully close to being a threat....but, just so you know...I watch myself every moment and know exactly where I am....do you?:concentratetongue:
^ Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!:hilarious:
Countrygirlballer Wrote:I agree with HDE, I would put Arthur at 2nd best post player in region. When Craig gets back to full speed that will probably change. Chesnut is also very good, hard to defend her and Madden for most teams..Morris, Sanders and Garnett are probably my pick for guard combo's they can do it all.

This is a great win for Whitley, but a long season and South has a great coach, Does this district still seed or draw?

The 50th district seeds.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Now that is a funny statement....if this is an example of your good talk I would hate to see your negative statements... The "Watch yourself" statement seems awfully close to being a threat....but, just so you know...I watch myself every moment and know exactly where I am....do you?:concentratetongue:

Then go find the post!
Back up your statements or shut up about it.

Its really awful that other fans of the same school cant stand to hear your non stop bickering.
The "watch yourself" comment was directed at you due to the rules of this site. Posting false information is one of them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Then go find the post!
Back up your statements or shut up about it.

Its really awful that other fans of the same school cant stand to hear your non stop bickering.
The "watch yourself" comment was directed at you due to the rules of this site. Posting false information is one of them.
If you don't want to hear my bickering then get off her back, you big baby....whaaaaa.....I'm going to go tell my mommy.....:moon:
Very mature and well constructed reply. <sarcasm off> Dude, back away from the keyboard and get outside for some fresh air, better yet, do some manual labor to release some of your pentup frustrations. Your comments are the ones that are really hurting her credibility. Let the kid play and see if she lives up to your 'god-like' expectations of her. Everyone on here has commented she is a good player and if she works hard enough could be an elite player in this region. She hasnt reached that status yet. The key word being yet. Most if not all believe she will. If WC is to go to Bowling Green, the she will have to rise to the challenge and help lead them there.
When is the Whitley/Clay game?
^
Monday night, Dec. 10th.

They play Lafayette tomorrow (saturday the 8th) at Lafayette, then go on the road monday to play Clay.

Should be a dandy.