Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 63 Paintsville 24
Out manned and out gunned Paintsville gets hammered on the turf tonight. Big play after big play from Pikeville sends the Panthers to round two. Congrats to Pikeville. Almost forgot, hail Pikeville.
Once again I am very proud of this group. They have fought through a gut wrenching season with a winning attitude, and have shown a ton of character. I want to extend a special thank you to our Seniors. You guys have stuck it out through four of the most diffucult years in the history of this proud football program. When the situation becomes the toughest, those with real character answer the call and face the music. You guys personify that statement, and I am proud to know you. When this thing gets turned around, it will be because of the example young men like you have shown to the younger ones. Nothing worth having is ever gained without working for it. A lot of people in our community believe that Tiger Football is high on that list of things that are worth having.
I hope to see Paintsville get things back on track next year.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Once again I am very proud of this group. They have fought through a gut wrenching season with a winning attitude, and have shown a ton of character. I want to extend a special thank you to our Seniors. You guys have stuck it out through four of the most diffucult years in the history of this proud football program. When the situation becomes the toughest, those with real character answer the call and face the music. You guys personify that statement, and I am proud to know you. When this thing gets turned around, it will be because of the example young men like you have shown to the younger ones. Nothing worth having is ever gained without working for it. A lot of people in our community believe that Tiger Football is high on that list of things that are worth having.

From what I have seen and heard there were a few examples for the rest to learn from. Prater played through his arm issue plus playing ding'ed up alot, Blake did the same, Kash played with a hip pointer so I say these three set the stage for next year. The others that were able to play and stood on the sideline should take notice of what it takes to play with heart and guts not for yourself but for your teammates, coaches and the school. Its that type of attitude that will either bring football back to Paintsville or lose it for good.
Congrats Pikeville!

Cody Estep in the 1st half: 5 Total TDs, 3 Interceptions (2 returned for TDs, One on a 2-pt conversion att), 1 blocked extra point, 1 forced fumble, 3 rec/73 yards 2 TDs, 3 rushes/70 yards 1 TD.
Congrats Panthers for this win. Good luck to the Paintsville football team for the future. would be good to see your team build back. This district needs it, and all would benefit. Now Panthers, take care of business with the Raceland Rams.
HAIL PIKEVILLE!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:

Cody Estep in the 1st half: 5 Total TDs, 3 Interceptions (2 returned for TDs, One on a 2-pt conversion att), 1 blocked extra point, 1 forced fumble, 3 rec/73 yards 2 TDs, 3 rushes/70 yards 1 TD.

Unbelievable stats for Cody Estep, great game footage, and very good motivational post game celebration for team and fans. Thanks Pt.
HAIL PIKEVILLE!!
Congratulations Pikeville!
Awesome video as usual!
Not many Ws in the season for the Tigers. BUT, one W you earned was the true Tiger Fans! Keep you heads up and keep working hard this off season. MORE Ws are coming!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Good win Pikeville. Keep it up...