Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction: Alabama vs. Florida for National Title
Now why...

I believe Alabama is the best team in the nation and will run the table to finish the regular season undefeated.

2. Kansas State - With a trip to TCU still ahead of them and a game with Texas, its hard to believe the over achieving Wildcats can run the table the rest of the way. And what is Klein's true health status?

3.Oregon - With the hardest remaining schedule left of anyone, a trip to Cal, at home vs. Stanford and a game at Oregon St, not to mention a possible rematch with USC in the Pac 12 championship, have to believe someone will be able to slow down Oregon just enough to upset them. Not to mention the computers for some reason hate Oregon, one loss would end their chances.

4.Notre Dame - Nearly lost to Pitt, which maybe worse than Kentucky this year, and still have a trip out west to play UCS and rival Boston College ahead of them, which should be a cake walk for Notre Dame but rivalry games are always fun.

5.Georgia - Even if they win out, they would still have to play Alabama in the SEC Championship, and presuming Alabama runs the table to the National Title game, Georgia would have two losses and fall behind LSU and most likely South Carolina.

6.Florida - Having already played Georgia, South Carolina, LSU... The gators have made it through all the SEC has to through at them (they have no more SEC games) and losing to the Bulldogs may be a blessing in disguise because now the Gators would not have to play Alabama in the SEC championship. Still have a tough test ahead with Florida State but the Gators have the talent to win that game and should be favored.

If all these teams lose except Alabama and Florida, the coaches would purposely have to vote Florida out because the computers love Florida and their schedule... something that was proven when Florida was ranked number two in the BCS before their loss to Georgia.
Even if all those things happen....Florida still wouldn't get in. It would take 2 losses by each of those schools. Alabama barely got in last year (by .0086) over 1 loss OK St. Even in that instance, Bama's only loss was to SEC champ LSU by a field goal in a game they should have won. Florida will have a loss (in which they were outgained and gave up 6 turnovers) to a conference runner-up who will likely go on to get dominated by Bama. I think its wishful thinking at best that florida gets in. If all those schools go undefeated or even have 1 loss....I think oregon or ND get in over K-State.
Media wants Notre Dame vs the Tide. Tide will play whoever USC doesn't beat. Oregon in rematch or Notre Dame. If USC beats both K State will get their shot.
Thats what SHOULD happen. But it wont. Bama and LSU should be the two, followed by Florida.
Sorry to say but LSU won't be in the National Title Game.......I'd bet the farm on that and I don't even own a farm.
Strikeout King Wrote:Sorry to say but LSU won't be in the National Title Game.......I'd bet the farm on that and I don't even own a farm.

You would if anyone would take that bet.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Even if all those things happen....Florida still wouldn't get in. It would take 2 losses by each of those schools. Alabama barely got in last year (by .0086) over 1 loss OK St. Even in that instance, Bama's only loss was to SEC champ LSU by a field goal in a game they should have won. Florida will have a loss (in which they were outgained and gave up 6 turnovers) to a conference runner-up who will likely go on to get dominated by Bama. I think its wishful thinking at best that florida gets in. If all those schools go undefeated or even have 1 loss....I think oregon or ND get in over K-State.

You also forgetting a lot of coaches purposely voted against a SEC rematch last year, the computers is what pushed Bama into the National Championship. Florida this year is loved by the computers, where Oregon most of all is hated. Of all the teams left, Florida has the biggest chance to get more help from the computers over the next few weeks. If all of what I said plays out, there is no way the BCS computers wouldn't allow Florida into the National Title, unless all the coaches and media simply voted them so far down in the polls which would be BCS Armageddon.
E's Army Wrote:Media wants Notre Dame vs the Tide. Tide will play whoever USC doesn't beat. Oregon in rematch or Notre Dame. If USC beats both K State will get their shot.

I'd say if ND beats USC with say a 28-14 score, they will leap frog
Oregon, and be in the title game. That Pac-12 title game makes it
interesting, but even if Oregon wins again in another shootout, I
think pollsters and computers will see them as video game football,
and see ND as teh more serious contender. K State, even undefeated
looks to fade as it's schedule weakens down the stretch, and it
wouldn't be a shock if TCU beats them.
bball_fan Wrote:Now why...

I believe Alabama is the best team in the nation and will run the table to finish the regular season undefeated.

2. Kansas State - With a trip to TCU still ahead of them and a game with Texas, its hard to believe the over achieving Wildcats can run the table the rest of the way. And what is Klein's true health status?

3.Oregon - With the hardest remaining schedule left of anyone, a trip to Cal, at home vs. Stanford and a game at Oregon St, not to mention a possible rematch with USC in the Pac 12 championship, have to believe someone will be able to slow down Oregon just enough to upset them. Not to mention the computers for some reason hate Oregon, one loss would end their chances.

4.Notre Dame - Nearly lost to Pitt, which maybe worse than Kentucky this year, and still have a trip out west to play UCS and rival Boston College ahead of them, which should be a cake walk for Notre Dame but rivalry games are always fun.

5.Georgia - Even if they win out, they would still have to play Alabama in the SEC Championship, and presuming Alabama runs the table to the National Title game, Georgia would have two losses and fall behind LSU and most likely South Carolina.

6.Florida - Having already played Georgia, South Carolina, LSU... The gators have made it through all the SEC has to through at them (they have no more SEC games) and losing to the Bulldogs may be a blessing in disguise because now the Gators would not have to play Alabama in the SEC championship. Still have a tough test ahead with Florida State but the Gators have the talent to win that game and should be favored.

If all these teams lose except Alabama and Florida, the coaches would purposely have to vote Florida out because the computers love Florida and their schedule... something that was proven when Florida was ranked number two in the BCS before their loss to Georgia.

It's a VERY long shot for that to happen. Would take a ND loss at
USC, a K State loss to TCU. An Oregon in the Pac 12 title game or at OSU, and a couple more good wins for FSU before FLA. beat them in the finale.
But it COULD happen.
Strikeout King Wrote:Sorry to say but LSU won't be in the National Title Game.......I'd bet the farm on that and I don't even own a farm.

That's true, but it's alos pretty evident that LSU probably IS the 2nd best
team in the country.
In a scenario where there are a bunch of one loss teams, if Notre Dame is in that group, they'll play for the national title. If not, then it'll be Oregon
Observing Wrote:That's true, but it's alos pretty evident that LSU probably IS the 2nd best
team in the country.

You are correct about LSU being the 2nd team in the nation. They just about upset Alabama...It'll be either Florida, Oregon or Notre Dame playing Bama for the title.....In my case hopefully it's the Ducks
Observing Wrote:That's true, but it's alos pretty evident that LSU probably IS the 2nd best
team in the country.

Agreed... LSU beat themselves against Florida, just like Florida beat themselves against Georgia... But everyone is forgetting the computers LOVED Florida, they jumped everyone to the number 2 spot before they lost. If everyone has 1 loss, the computers will favor Florida. The big question is, who will the polls favor. The computers will kill Oregon's chances if they lose, just check out there ranking in the computers on ESPN. They are undefeated and rank behind a few one loss teams already in some of the computers and that is a big part of the BCS.

Love the new rule though that a conference can only have two teams in the BCS games now, guess this is the anti SEC rule considering the three best teams last year were all in the SEC and 5 of the 6 best teams in the nation this year are from the SEC, Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina) and the sixth being Oregon.
Alabama, K-State, Oregon, & Notre Dame all should go unbeaten....

I'm saying

Notre Dame -vs- K-State

Alabama -vs- Oregon (National Championship)

Would be a good year for a 4 team playoff tho...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think Oregon makes it and gets beat by Bama
I hate ND, but id much rather see the romance novel unfold with a ND-Bama National championship game then i would and Oregon Bama game.

Oregon has become the next Boise IMO. Just a team we wait to lose every year and cant wait for it to happen. IMO, ND is better.

IMHO, if ND stays undefeated, they will play Bama in the NC.
Florida is playing for a national title if they don't wake up

10 to 3 at the half against louisiana lafayette
Ahahahhaha, not any more.

Bama goes down