Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg '06
I think they will break out even at the end of the season
Did all the big guys graduate this year?
Tough Turf Wrote:Did all the big guys graduate this year?

The big guys did graduate but Pburg has a whole lot of speed this year !
blackcat_student Wrote:I just talked to him and says he may get to play his senior season or he may not, and he was hoping for a scholorship from UVA Wise, How fast dreams can be tooken away ! I hope for the best Brandon !

what a tragedy
Prestonsburg didn't have any "big boys". Seems like the size of kids just keep getting smaller. I remember when I was in school, it was nothing to see someone 6'6 or 6'7 walking around. Now you're lucky to get one 5'6 or 5'7. These kids just aren't getting enough gravy and biscuits I guess.
BCF4L Wrote:Prestonsburg didn't have any "big boys". Seems like the size of kids just keep getting smaller. I remember when I was in school, it was nothing to see someone 6'6 or 6'7 walking around. Now you're lucky to get one 5'6 or 5'7. These kids just aren't getting enough gravy and biscuits I guess.
\

Yea they have had a few over the years. Do you really think it is biscuit and gravy lol? It has been my experience that steak everyday helps plus if you are big boned you might have a chance. LOL :howdy:

PS. I do agree with you. The boys lack meat and potatoes.
Prestonsburg did have some "Big Boys", Darrick Williams 6'3'', Dave Shaffer 6'3'', Tyler Hamilton 6'3''. If that's not big I don't know what is.

I believe this thread is about how Prestonsburg will do next season. Why do people continue to talk about the class of Prestonsburg. I don't think that has anything to do with next season.
blackcat Wrote:Prestonsburg did have some "Big Boys", Darrick Williams 6'3'', Dave Shaffer 6'3'', Tyler Hamilton 6'3''. If that's not big I don't know what is.

I believe this thread is about how Prestonsburg will do next season. Why do people continue to talk about the class of Prestonsburg. I don't think that has anything to do with next season.

How can you not relate the two? You can't have much of an educated opinion or a possible prediction of outcome of their next season by ignoring some leadership qualities? These things obviously effect the players, fans and supporters, sponsors, AND opponents strategy... as well as the desire for new kids to enter and stay in the program. Wouldn't you agree?
On a plus side , though maybe not directly related, their field is looking greener...LOL saw it yesterday as I drove through.
Let's keep it on topic folks "P'burg 06". Meaning the players coming back and coming in to the program.

:graduate:
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Let's keep it on topic folks "P'burg 06". Meaning the players coming back and coming in to the program.

:graduate:

Mrs.BurntTires Wrote:How can you not relate the two? You can't have much of an educated opinion or a possible prediction of outcome of their next season by ignoring some leadership qualities? These things obviously effect the players, fans and supporters, sponsors, AND opponents strategy... as well as the desire for new kids to enter and stay in the program. Wouldn't you agree?

Sour Grapes oh those Sour Grapes!Confusedhh:
Super 6 Wrote:Sour Grapes oh those Sour Grapes!Confusedhh:
HMMMM... that seems a bit off topic to say don't ya think? Kinda reminds me of a 5 year old sticking his tongue out after tattling. Why would you think that was a "sour" comment. I asked a legit question which ( in my opinion) pertained to the topic, and has still gone unanswered. Let's hope their defense is as strong as yours, in reading some of your other posts I see you do get pretty defensive when it comes to anyone having a comment which may not be positive in regards to the Pburg program, and you say that it's because the kids read these boards. So does mine, ( and he's had his share ). Let's hope they have someone to teach them to use any criticism as motivation, (at least that is what I try to teach mine), and not harbor bitterness. You can't shelter them.
I do know a lot of the older boys in this program, ( not too much about the younger guys. or the ones coming in, but the Pburg feeder schools usually are fantastic contributers) there is some great talent, and a lot of potential talent, most often it takes a good leadership, and coaching to turn a potential talent into a great player, but these kids have to keep their heart in it (and we know where that often comes from). We all know talent and size alone won't always get the job done. I hope for the boys sake (and truly won't be surprised as I have said before if they do) they have an awesome season.
Pburg's Summer Practice starts Monday !