Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paducah Tilghman @ Monroe County 11/9/12
who wins and why?
I put this one as a toss up, given Tilghman has a 4 hour drive. It will be Monroe's power game against Tilghman's speed. Monroe still has to be smarting over that 37-0 playoff loss last year at Tilghman. You just never know which Tilghman team will show up to play.
PT
Aug 18, 12 Lone Oak away 28 - 12 (W) Click
Aug 24, 12 West Creek, TN home 51 - 21 (W) Click
Aug 31, 12 Mayfield away 21 - 42 (L) Click
Sep 8, 12 Graves County home 15 - 20 (L) Click
Sep 14, 12 Crittenden County away 54 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 21, 12 Heath home 63 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 28, 12 Fort Campbell away 14 - 43 (L) Click
Oct 5, 12 Trigg County away 21 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 12, 12 Northeast (Clarksville), TN home 13 - 9 (W) Click
Oct 19, 12 Webster County home 48 - 6 (W) Click
Nov 2, 12 Adair County home 57 - 14 (W) no

MC
Aug 17, 12 Franklin-Simpson away 12 - 0 (W) Click
Aug 24, 12 Metcalfe County away 48 - 21 (W) Click
Aug 31, 12 Warren East home 18 - 26 (L) Click
Sep 7, 12 Barren County away 46 - 6 (W) Click
Sep 14, 12 Glasgow home 28 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 21, 12 Hart County home 63 - 18 (W) Click
Sep 28, 12 Adair County away 23 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 4, 12 South Warren away 41 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 19, 12 Edmonson County home 60 - 14 (W) Click
Oct 26, 12 Allen County-Scottsville home 45 - 33 (W) Click
Nov 2, 12 Heath home 49 - 7 (W) no
Tilghman by 7. Monroe has stepped up this year but Tilghman will prevail.
If PT gets things worked out on offense, their team speed will kill Monroe. They cant afford self inflicted problems. That means from the coach all the way down. If the coach keeps his head glued on straight, the rest of the boys will follow and that team speed and talent cant be matched by most teams.
Seen Tilghman play twice this year. They are the biggest Jeckyl & Hyde team I've seen in years. During a good drive, they would shoot themselves in the foot. Silly penalties would stall their progress with a punt to follow. If they can play like they have the potential to do, they have a shot. My gut feeling is Monroe and their home field by 7.
The PT turnovers seem to have been significantly reduced with the freshman QB starting. The kid also throws a beautiful ball. Everyone is healthy for the first time in weeks. I have no doubt PT can score. If Monroe studies the Fort Campbell - PT film, they will probably see the weaknesses that Berner found and exploited. Some of that has been fixed in the latter half of the season. We shall see. Understand UK had the big 6-5 PT O-tackle up last week.
PT by 24
Is Monroe's QB healthy ? That make huge difference if he plays Monroe by 2Tds if not close but remember Hughes kid is freshman
Got to go with the Blue Tornado in this one
I understand PT has had some issues this year, but good golly they have atheletes. That means Monroe has to play perfect on every play to keep them in front of them, I don't see that happening.Confusednicker: So, I am very close to pulling a Joe Namath here, but I will just say a strong PT by more than 1 td.
PT by 6 in a very good game.
All the starters will be healthy and ready to play PT this Friday night.
Definitely the best game in 3A this week, with Garrard/Bourbon, Larue/Bell, Wayne/Central not far off.

I think it goes without saying that this will be the most talented team that Monroe has played all year. The only team they have played that could compare in terms of speed and athleticism is Warren East, and Monroe lost that one at home.

On the flip side, this Monroe County team will be similar to the Graves County team that played the Blue Tornado earlier in the year @ Paducah, and Graves came away with the win.

Not sure yet who to pick in this one.
Duck, that is what Smashmouth was referring to. It was apparent watching that game, Pt had more talent and matched up with size. It came down to lack of discipline and silly mistakes. Pt pretty much gift wrapped that game and gave it to GC. If they play that kind of ball they cannot win from here out. I would like to think that they have got that worked out. If they did, there may not be a team that can knock them out. That is the difference between the two PT teams.
Monroe County 28

Paducah Tilghman 22
And thus presents the eternal mystery of Tilghman football. For reasons unknown, they occasionally will come out of the gate confused, indifferent and perform accordingly. It someone turns the switch on, this team can run right past you. Outstanding athletes, uncertain chemistry.
Uncertain chemistry? That is an understatement! I know the Tornado have athletes but after watching them play this year, I have serious doubts. I would like them to win, but I lack faith.