Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County 35, Knox Central 19
I understand the schedule. Trying to make a point to the Knox fans that were running their mouth in the previous thread.
sstack Wrote:Elder and CovCath by far Highlands biggest challenge! No team in playoffs will come close to the talent Elder had!! Would love to see RC come to Highlands undefeated,would make the game that much more fun!

Actually, game shouldnt be in highlands, if we meet Russell would have homefield throughout, if they beat Adair friday.
sstack Wrote:Elder and CovCath by far Highlands biggest challenge! No team in playoffs will come close to the talent Elder had!! Would love to see RC come to Highlands undefeated,would make the game that much more fun!

Oh not comparing Russell to elder. Also don't think Cov Cath is even close in a rematch. I think with the injuries to bolin that Knocks out lex Cath. So the only potential roadblock even if it is small may be Russell county.
rc58 Wrote:Actually, game shouldnt be in highlands, if we meet Russell would have homefield throughout, if they beat Adair friday.

We have home field through the regionals (regardless of whether we beat Adair). Highlands would have home field for the State Semi's
Why?
They lost we havent.
Realy, if we get that far ,i wouldnt care if its at the rose bowl im there.
rc58 Wrote:Realy, if we get that far ,i wouldnt care if its at the rose bowl im there.

You and me and a whole host of Laker fans.
rc58 Wrote:They lost we havent.

Because they rotate it each year, last year highlands had to go to Lex Cath, this year is our regions turn to travel. Next year our region host.
laker20 Wrote:You and me and a whole host of Laker fans.
One game at a time...but if we get that far we would have Laker fans all over the state (at least for that game)!!
laker20 Wrote:Just made the long drive (seemed short really) home. This was a very well played game by both teams. As I stated in the prediction thread, this game would come down to turnovers. Russell Co forced all three of the fumbles, but even more impressive was how we held on to the ball. There were several times that the Panthers were very aggressive at trying to strip the ball, but the Lakers held strong. I was also impressed with how the Lakers stayed in bounds during the last couple of drives. There were several plays where they could have avoided a bit of contact by going out, but stayed in. The officiating was actually pretty good in this one, probably the best I've seen all year. I disagreed with the intentional grounding call and the head to head contact foul, but that's just a matter of opinion.

This game was very similar to the game against Whitley Co. The Lakers built a solid lead only to have the Panthers come back a bit in the 3rd. Not sure if the defense is letting up a bit or the Panthers were just more focused......probably a bit of both. The Lakers held strong and turned up the momentum on it's last scoring drive, eating up all but the last 50 seconds or so of the 4th.

After the game the coach told the boys to enjoy the win and celebrate over the weekend because this is something they'll remember for a lifetime, but come Sunday it's time prepare for the next game......they have bigger goals for the season, and this was just one more wrung on the ladder to that goal.

Great Game by both teams, hope to see a rematch in a few weeks.

After watching this game again on ihigh I have to say that this was absolutely the best officiated high school football game I have ever been to. The intentional grounding call against the Lakers was a good call. Hats of to this crew. I don't know who they were, but they should be commended for an excellent job.
Who is the best team you think RC has played so far
IMO the Panthers were the best team we've faced, but Whitley is right there. Both teams have several offensive weapons, but Knox Central's are more experienced. To me there is not a lot of difference between the quality of these two teams. The difference in the score between the two was mostly due to the style of play. The game w/ the Panthers went by so quick, and we left two FGs off the board.

I would then put Pulaski w/ North Laurel just behind them.
Laker20-The official KHSAA Evaluator!
zebra'seyes Wrote:Laker20-The official KHSAA Evaluator!

^:thatsfunn

Just thought someone should give a bit of credit for a job well done.....sure the officials don't hear too many good comments.