Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6a Playoff Pairings
There is alot of misinformation about the 6a playoff pairings for the 2012 season. This is the link to the KHSAA site. As I understand it ppl were at the Dixie game saying district 6 plays district 5. This is incorrect.

Link to pairings on KHSAA RULE SITE
http://khsaa.org/football/playoffpairings20112014.pdf

DISTRICT PAIRINGS ARE- (Followed by top school in each division.)
District 1 vs. District 5 (Henderson County District 1 Ballard District 5)
District 2 vs. District 3 (Meade Count D2 PRP D3)
District 6 vs. District 7 (Campbell County D6 Scott County D7)
District 4 vs. District 8 (Trinity D4 Lafayette)
trinity will take it again
agreed. public schools just don't have a chance anymore. though i do think prp and scott county could give the rocks a run for their money, but it wont be enough to knock off the nationally ranked trinity shamrocks.
Shamrocks is all that needs to be said in 6A.
Wow, Lafayette and Madison Central have a tough draw in the 2nd round, would probably play St. X or Trinity.
Well duh.. 6a's been nothing but playing for runner up the past few years lol 2nd place in 6a is State Champs. Trinity is too good to count..
Why is 6A the only class that rotates? I don't get why they would do that without knowing an exact reasoning. I thought the districts were aligned by area to keep travel costs low.
It is Shamrocks and everybody else. I am much more interested in the "everybody else" than I am in Trinity. I think 6A is the most competitive that it has ever been! If Trinity was not in the mix, this would be the most fun division to watch how it played out than any other in the state!
Booya Wrote:Why is 6A the only class that rotates? I don't get why they would do that without knowing an exact reasoning. I thought the districts were aligned by area to keep travel costs low.

i think beause Trinity, and St X is in the same district, and that way every other yr they could meet in the finals..i could be wrong
Trinity & X have only been in same district since last year. They used to be able to meet in the finals every other year and semi's in the other, but now 3rd round is when they will meet.
fanofpoe Wrote:Wow, Lafayette and Madison Central have a tough draw in the 2nd round, would probably play St. X or Trinity.

Yes. Trinity has GRC in the first game....will be a blowout.