Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eligibility for Fairview Football Players
Cease Fire. Suppose there were no infractions of any kind would you still hate Fairview. Maybe you should spread your wealth and love to the needy of Millseat.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Cease Fire. Suppose there were no infractions of any kind would you still hate Fairview. Maybe you should spread your wealth and love to the needy of Millseat.

I will make you a deal. Please agree to stop with personal attack and negative personal remarks and I will absolutely do the same. No, I don't hate Fairview, but I know for a fact that they are doing things there that are against the rules, so I cannot support them while they do that. And I do know these things are true because I have had parents of the ball players tell me these things, so they are first hand. Some of the players, current and past, have got special treatment that was worth thousands of dollars, once again I saw this first hand from the parents of some of the former basketball and football team members. But I have seen the KHSAA turn a blind eye to those that opposed Fairview and I don't have the time or incentive to pursue any of this. So, the Eagles and their supporters can act like this is ok, I choose to believe that it is not. But I will stop with my off hand remarks about you, please do the same for me, that is all I am asking of you. I know you will never agree with me, and I will not agree with you, but I will do my best to make our interactions on here more respectful in the future.

:Thumbs:
Fairview illegally recruits, justify it any way you want. The more you try to, the more the rest of the area sits back and laughs at your state of denial.
I would like to know if they get to play friday night. I know it will change the game plan for both teams if they dont get to play.
I thought someone had said they were eligible, but I am not 100% sure of that.
NoPicks Wrote:Fairview illegally recruits, justify it any way you want. The more you try to, the more the rest of the area sits back and laughs at your state of denial.

Yeah Yeah Yeah and the rest of the area just legally recruits. Get over it and get a life. You get on here and whine like a 2 year old. Atleast Patch said he had no incentive nor the time to pursue it with the KHSAA so maybe you can latch onto the teet of the mantle and lead the parade.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Who were the studs we recruited last year as seniors?

The KHSAA is the state governing body to over see the legality, rules, and etc in the State of Kentucky in regards to High School athletics. If there is a problem they will address it and make a ruling. As for the case going to court, all I can say is that is why we have courts so when a governing body that is not duly elected usurps a decision that we feel is not correct then we take our case to a higher elected official. Courts decided in our favor, there have been other times they have not. Life goes on and you Wood Haters need to get a real life and get out your make believe world in which you live.

What recruits beat you last year in Soggy Bottom? "Home Grown"....you really don't want me to go there. Hardly any team includung Ironton has only home grown talent. Whether its across the river or across the district, a transfer is a transfer. So, once again...who did we have come in last year from Huntington and play? Or Cabell?

Maybe you dorks should PM each other and get your facts straight.

Eye Sore, you are an old Eagle and know so much their programs....who did we have last year from WV? Because we get em' year in and year out.
If the kids were not excellent ball players would the same efforts still be applied? Just wondering your opinion.
The players are legal. So what if the coaches use there contacts. Ever other school uses the same type influence one way or another. Fairview just one upped ya. As long as these players live in the school district before school started. They can play. Deal with it. Fairview is trying to give these kids a chance at making it in life???????
Like I have said before, I am all for a second chance. But I don't believe it is okay to bring in expelled students and let them play ball, furthermore, I find it hard to believe that if these kids were not atheletes, they would not have gotten the second chance. Which is a bigger shame than any of the above mentioned issues. I was an athelete through junior high and high school, and we all got out of more than we should have. It seems this is part of high school politics though. But they have been rulled ineligible then eligible, so I guess like the rest of us, it all boiled down to who was presented what information.

I wish Fairview the best of luck and hope that this all stay the way it is. I would hate to see all their wins and accomplishments vacated at the end of the year after an apeal or something. I've always found that to be a bogus penalty any way. Just like seeing *Bonds, in the MLB record books. Doesn't change a thing, he still hit the homers! Can't wait to FINALLY see how good Fairview REALLY is Friday, as well as seeing how good Raceland really is as well. Fairview's schedule hasn't allowed us much insight, unless you have seen them, which I have not and minus Ashland, Raceland has really seen no competition either, though their schedule is a little stronger than the Eagles, but its still hard to judge. Though they did hold 2 different 1000 yd rushers to under 70 yds apiece and their defense kept a good Lawrence County offense in check all night. But the offense hasn't seen a defense like Fairviews since week 2 against the Tomcats. This is going to be, by far, the best game of the week in Class A, possibly in any class. Great traditional rivalry, spear headed by drama and circumstance, this is a Friday Night Lights sequal in the making! Can't wait. Good luck to both teams and may they both stay injury free. For the second installment of this in the Regional Championship, I know is sure to come.
Like I have said before, I am all for a second chance. But I don't believe it is okay to bring in expelled students and let them play ball, furthermore, I find it hard to believe that if these kids were not atheletes, they would not have gotten the second chance. Which is a bigger shame than any of the above mentioned issues. I was an athelete through junior high and high school, and we all got out of more than we should have. It seems this is part of high school politics though. But they have been rulled ineligible then eligible, so I guess like the rest of us, it all boiled down to who was presented what information.

I wish Fairview the best of luck and hope that this all stay the way it is. I would hate to see all their wins and accomplishments vacated at the end of the year after an apeal or something. I've always found that to be a bogus penalty any way. Just like seeing *Bonds, in the MLB record books. Doesn't change a thing, he still hit the homers! Can't wait to FINALLY see how good Fairview REALLY is Friday, as well as seeing how good Raceland really is as well. Fairview's schedule hasn't allowed us much insight, unless you have seen them, which I have not and minus Ashland, Raceland has really seen no competition either, though their schedule is a little stronger than the Eagles, but its still hard to judge. Though they did hold 2 different 1000 yd rushers to under 70 yds apiece and their defense kept a good Lawrence County offense in check all night. But the offense hasn't seen a defense like Fairviews since week 2 against the Tomcats. This is going to be, by far, the best game of the week in Class A, possibly in any class. Great traditional rivalry, spear headed by drama and circumstance, this is a Friday Night Lights sequal in the making! Can't wait. Good luck to both teams and may they both stay injury free. For the second installment of this in the Regional Championship, I know is sure to come.
don't know why that got submitted twice...can a moderater fix that?
football 105 Wrote:If the kids were not excellent ball players would the same efforts still be applied? Just wondering your opinion.

Yes , I have seen it firsthand!

Answer me this ...to all the Raceland Red Devils, has Raceland ever went to court to get a player eligible? Lax it over long and hard in your mind before you answer it.

Also heard Raceland was changing their colors to Virginia Tech colors.
Did the kid that transferred and played basketball play football? If so he was from WV.
Countdown on to the big game. Plan on being there and looking for Raceland to win a tough, close game. Raceland 34 and Fairview 27. I truly believe whoever wins the turnover battle wins this game.
Besides the two kids in question, how many players on this year's roster were not in the Fairview school system last year?
Grades 6th - 8th we have 17 brand new kids. Grades 9th - 12th we have 42 brand new kids. It is a great school! Many kids have come from Ashland, Boyd, Rose Hill. New Football players 13!

See, its not all about sports like some spin but rather its about getting a quality education in a small school atmosphere. Looking forward to the game tonight. I will be in a camping chair behind the end zone near the entrance gate wearing a red hoodie and a BITW hat. Please come by and introduce yourself to me!
Clint Westwood Wrote:Grades 6th - 8th we have 17 brand new kids. Grades 9th - 12th we have 42 brand new kids. It is a great school! Many kids have come from Ashland, Boyd, Rose Hill. New Football players 13!

See, its not all about sports like some spin but rather its about getting a quality education in a small school atmosphere. Looking forward to the game tonight. I will be in a camping chair behind the end zone near the entrance gate wearing a red hoodie and a BITW hat. Please come by and introduce yourself to me!

I just may come by and do that, this game will be our first ever to watch in Westwood.
what is the total roster 9-12?
Patch Wrote:Here is to hoping that the courts do the right thing, but I won't be too optimistic about that happening.

I think we have two different ideas of doing the right thing. All jokes aside, the KHSAA messed up in this one.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Yes , I have seen it firsthand!

Answer me this ...to all the Raceland Red Devils, has Raceland ever went to court to get a player eligible? Lax it over long and hard in your mind before you answer it.

Also heard Raceland was changing their colors to Virginia Tech colors.

Clint noballs or wood or whatever it is you hide behind. You spit out stuff on here like a few congressman I been around. You are fun to read. Kind of like the funny paper on Sunday mornings. Your a legend in your own mind. Keep it coming. Always need that good laugh with my Starbucks!
By the way only 12% of the people believe a what a congressman says.:moon:
Thats right, I would say the number of new players on the Eagles team is nearly twice the ratio of those that believe a congressman. More IS better.
Last thought, with the demand for rental property in Westwood (I think in a previous post we are looking at 13-42 new families per year) surging, the occupancy rate has to be near capacity, why am I not building apartments in Westwood?
I wouldn't build a beer fart in a wind storm in Westwild.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Grades 6th - 8th we have 17 brand new kids. Grades 9th - 12th we have 42 brand new kids. It is a great school! Many kids have come from Ashland, Boyd, Rose Hill. New Football players 13!

I'll be there as well. I'll be the one in orange and black and i'll be everywhere.
Eagles2012 Wrote:I think we have two different ideas of doing the right thing. All jokes aside, the KHSAA messed up in this one.

Care to illiterate? Are you saying you feel they should have rulled they remain ineligible? Not starting more bs. All thats over and done, i hope. Just genuinely curious.