Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 38 Prestonsburg 20
Final.
Congrats Hazard!!
Prestonsburg didn't necessarily play bad. Turnovers and a few questionable calls where back breakers for the Blackcats.

Hazard has a very good team that is well coached. They should be able to make a deep playoff run in class A.

Keep your head up Blackcats - you're getting better each week.
Bulldogs showed their teeth tonight. Good win.
This game wasn't even close, when i left in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left the score was 38-6, Hazard dominated this game completely and i don't think they even played to their potential.
mikehancho25 Wrote:This game wasn't even close, when i left in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left the score was 38-6, Hazard dominated this game completely and i don't think they even played to their potential.

MAKES ME SICK ! tHATS

ALL I HAVE TO SAY!
Hazard may have dominated the game but P-burg had 2 chances in the 1st half to score but came up empty..
Congrats Hazard
9/28/2012
Hazard 38 Prestonsburg 20
Prestonsburg 0 0 6 14 20
Hazard 6 18 14 0 38
Scoring summary:
H--Austin Johnson 6 run (kick failed); H--Evan Whitaker 3 run (Josh Mehan pass from Johnson); H--Whitake 3 run (Kevin Eversole kick); H--Eversole 35 field goal; H--Whitaker 30 run (Eversole kick); PB Zack Blanton 15 pass from Jarredd Jarrell (pass failed); H--Johnson 11 run (Eversole kick); P--Alex Kidd 6 pass from Jarrell (pass failed); P--Bryson Willaims 23 pass from Jarrell (Adam Griffith pass from Jarrell).
Records: Hazard 2-3, Prestonsburg 4-2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
Congratulations Hazard! If you always play that well, you'll go a long way.

Hang in there Blackcats.
mikehancho25 Wrote:This game wasn't even close, when i left in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left the score was 38-6, Hazard dominated this game completely and i don't think they even played to their potential.

Hazard had the better team and rightfully won the game, but I don't think they dominated this game. Prestonsburg moved the ball on the Hazard defense the whole game and if it wasn't for a turnover on downs (in the redzone), a interception thrown (in the redzone), and a terrible pass interference call on Pburg in the 2nd quarter, then this is a very tight game going into halftime.
Prestonsburg's only real score came from a Hazard DB's deflected pass that was knocked into a receivers hands. Late in the game Hazards JV drove 70 yards on P-Burgs Varsity and was getting ready to score and coughed it up on the 15 yard line. The last +6 minutes P-Burg felt the need to keep their varsity in to make sure certain folks got their stats and TD's.

Different philosophies I guess but Hazard seems to look at games in those kind of situations (way ahead or way behind) as a time to develope the younger kids. That is why every year they seem to just keep reloading. The younger kids get plenty experience. They work just as hard as the varsity ever day in practice, they have parents and family sitting in the stands wanting to see their kids play too. If they cant play in situations like that when are they going to play? Everybody in the place knew exactly what the P-Burg coaching staff was doing late in the game.

P-Burb doubled their passing yards in the game on the last two drives againsts Hazard's freshman. But in a couple of years with the experience that those kids are getting they will be the ones holding teams to a touchdown a game.

Props to Ratliff, Fletcher, Higgins, Turner, and the other young ones for putting together a great drive against a good varsity defense. Just remember to protect the rock in the red zone next time and you will get a score.
Hazard did dominate this one.Prestonsburg's last two touchdowns were scored late in the game on Hazards JV defense.Their were some bad calls but Pburgs poor defense was too much for their offense to overcome.Looking at Prestonsburg schedule I always felt like Belfry and Hazard were two games the could not win.The Blackcats should win their last 3 games to finish 7-3,winning their district...Not too bad for a young team with limited personnel....
Rollitover Wrote:Props to Ratliff, Fletcher, Higgins, Turner, and the other young ones for putting together a great drive against a good varsity defense. Just remember to protect the rock in the red zone next time and you will get a score.

Uhh, where have you been? Maybe you haven't heard, but Prestonsburg's defense has not ever been called good this year. How do you think that Hazard scored so many points?
I thought this game would have been closer than 18 points
It wasn't even really 18 points. It was actually 32. The score was 28-6 when hazard pulled its starters
Makeitnasty Wrote:It wasn't even really 18 points. It was actually 32. The score was 28-6 when hazard pulled its starters

The decision to pull starters belongs to the coach. The score is the total of points each team scores with or without the varsity playing. They all count until the game is over. Neither you nor any coach, player or fan can end the game when you wish if the other team is still playing.
I don't agree with the fact that the Pburg staff left the starters in when Hazard pulled there's and I do think Hazard rightfully won this game because they had the better team. I just don't think they where 4 touchdowns better.

Prestonsburg missed a lot of opportunities in this one with turnovers and dropped interceptions. Seemed like Hazards defense tightened up when Prestonsburg was threatening to score. Which is what good teams do.
Rollitover Wrote:Prestonsburg's only real score came from a Hazard DB's deflected pass that was knocked into a receivers hands. Late in the game Hazards JV drove 70 yards on P-Burgs Varsity and was getting ready to score and coughed it up on the 15 yard line. The last +6 minutes P-Burg felt the need to keep their varsity in to make sure certain folks got their stats and TD's.

Different philosophies I guess but Hazard seems to look at games in those kind of situations (way ahead or way behind) as a time to develope the younger kids. That is why every year they seem to just keep reloading. The younger kids get plenty experience. They work just as hard as the varsity ever day in practice, they have parents and family sitting in the stands wanting to see their kids play too. If they cant play in situations like that when are they going to play? Everybody in the place knew exactly what the P-Burg coaching staff was doing late in the game.

P-Burb doubled their passing yards in the game on the last two drives againsts Hazard's freshman. But in a couple of years with the experience that those kids are getting they will be the ones holding teams to a touchdown a game.

Props to Ratliff, Fletcher, Higgins, Turner, and the other young ones for putting together a great drive against a good varsity defense. Just remember to protect the rock in the red zone next time and you will get a score.

I can agree with most if this, but Prestonsburg has been giving there young guys experience all season, because we start a lot of freshman & sophomores.

Hopefully these young guys stick it out all 4 years because Prestonsburg will be very good in a few years.
Much needed win for the Bulldogs
wasnt this score like 31-0 at one time?
JerryGarcia Wrote:wasnt this score like 31-0 at one time?

I looked back in the update thread and that is correct according to the thread.

Pburg definitely lost the game.
yes way to go hazard williamsburg is cheering for you all.:lmaoConfusedee you all in a month or so:please:AIR ATTACK:truestory: COMING TO HAZARD. Revenge is mind:wenumber1 dont even tried to stop us:football::football::football:Confusedmoke:
Bulldogs have played with an awesome heart in every game. Tough competition has made execution very difficult. Hazard has improved a lot since start of season. Just like last year, Dawgs dominated game vs BlackCats. Keep it going Dawgs!
Good win for Hazard !! Keep it up Dawgs !!!
Hazard and Mark Dixon always pull his starters with a commanding lead... P-burg never had to pull there starters if they didnt want too. The game just shows where p-burg needs to work on and thats on scoring in the redzone. P-burg too me needs to go to running the ball a little more in the redzone out of the I form and let the o-line do some work and create some hoes for some play makers too hit and possibly get a score...
Didnt hazard shut down Williamsburg passing game last year?
Congrats Bulldogs.

I agree to an extent on what some of you are saying about P'burg not pulling the starters. Also like Blackcat Alum pointed out it is the coaches decision.

This game could have been a lot closer & possibly a different out come, but turnovers in the red zone and costly penalties when we had Hazard in 3rd and forever situations.

I did notice a little change up in the defense from prior weeks. The defense still has work to do, but played better this game.

We also ran the ball a little more this game and i was glad to see the change up.

Get back to work in practice defense and lets see more improvement against Shelby Valley. It's not long untill playoffs start & our defense must improve greatly between now & then.