Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville seeking football coaches...
Hope this is not against the rules to do on this forum, but since I know this site is frequented by a lot of knowledgeable Eastern Kentucky football people, I thought it might be a good place to let people know we're looking...

To build the best program possible from feeders all the way up, the Pikeville football program is looking to hire adults with outstanding CHARACTER, the ability to coach, a sense of caring for kids, and at least some football background to work with various age-groups.

The following are currently "help-needed" areas:

1) Little League Coordinator
* does not necessarily have to possess "technical" football knowledge or have had coaching experience
* must be able to effectively manage coaches, parents, league schedules, equipment, and facility coordination
* will work with PHS Head Football Coach on possible re-organization of league (establishing by-laws, possible affiliation with national youth sports organization, expansion of league into two levels -- Jr. and Sr. Tackle).

2) Junior High Coaches
* previous football or other coaching experience is preferred
* college and/or high school playing experience is preferred (we would love to have former PHS players coaching, but that is not a requirement)
* must be willing to work within a framework that includes co-coaching Junior High players along with high school coaches who will assist in teaching fundamentals daily in practice
* Junior High practice dates and times will coincide with high school practice so as to facilitate the two staffs working together to coach kids at all levels of the program in a similar fashion
* High school practice will begin on July 17; there will be coaches meetings in the month of June including a weekend-long coaches retreat to plan and train assistants; Junior High practice will begin on July 26.
* Junior High games are on Monday and Thursday nights with two Saturday games as well
* Junior High coaches will be given the opportunity to have Varsity coaching responsibilities on Friday nights

3) Little League Head and Assistant Coaches
* College and/or High School football playing experience preferred
* previous coaching experience preferred, but not required
* practices would be 3 nights per week and can be worked around the coach's work schedule
* as these must be "volunteer" positions, candidates must have a genuine desire to help kids, an intense love of the game of football, and an understanding that the primary goal of youth football is not to teach lots of plays but rather stress proper football fundamentals and character
* an "open-door/open-practice" policy will exist between all little league coaches and the PHS varsity football program. Clinics and one-on-one training sessions with the PHS high school staff will be offered to help little league coaches
* fathers of current players are encouraged to coach, but for the "upper division" (10 year olds -- lightweight 12 year olds), in the interests of establishing continuity, we would like to have coaches with previous football coaching experience that would be willing to stay with coaching in the league for several years beyond when their own son is on their team

Anyone with interest and the schedule to allow it are encouraged to contact
Mike Jackson, PHS Head Football Coach
[email=Mike.Jackson@Pikeville.Kyschools.us]Mike.Jackson@Pikeville.Kyschools.us[/email]
...or by calling PHS at 432-0185
...or by sending CoachJ a private message through BGRivals

Please leave a name and way to contact you.

Thanks.
ttt.

(Hope nobody gets annoyed by this, but I'm going to take this threat to the top each day for about a week...thanks).
I don't see anyone getting annoyed. You are fine. I hope you get what you are looking for.
Coach J..Are you Coach Jackson?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Coach J..Are you Coach Jackson?

Yes.
CoachJ Wrote:ttt.

(Hope nobody gets annoyed by this, but I'm going to take this threat to the top each day for about a week...thanks).

Oops...just noticed I typed "threat" instead of "thread." (Don't know who would be "threatened" by us asking for coaching helpSmile ...but sorry if anybody felt that way.)
CoachJ Wrote:Oops...just noticed I typed "threat" instead of "thread." (Don't know who would be "threatened" by us asking for coaching helpSmile ...but sorry if anybody felt that way.)
Oh, I'm sure there are schools out there that will feel threatened when PHS begins to grow even stronger under your leadership! :devilflam
I admire you for reaching out to your community for help coach....Strong community support especially at the little league level is what makes good high school programs..
gotta getem motivated and doing things right at the start....wish ya luck..
Go coach! I support anyone who will build a program kids can look forward to, learn from, and be proud of! Knock yourself out and good luck!
I agree, speaks volumes about trying to get Pikeville back to the State Championship Days!
I always hear about Pikeville always looking for new coaches, so what is new here?
CoachJ Wrote:ttt.

Who are threatening coach LOL! I know what you meant.
The_Myth Wrote:I always hear about Pikeville always looking for new coaches, so what is new here?
Here is the Pikeville Varsity Coach coming into town on his second season and trying to reorganize the whole Pikeville football program from Little League up. Coach J is Pikeville's coach and for the most part has his Varsity staff already set-up. All of these other positions, he is looking for VERY qualified coaches in order to help build the best program that Pikeville can have. He knows that to have a good program you have to teach the kids the correct form early and wants good coaches to do this.
Beef Wrote:Here is the Pikeville Varsity Coach coming into town on his second season and trying to reorganize the whole Pikeville football program from Little League up. Coach J is Pikeville's coach and for the most part has his Varsity staff already set-up. All of these other positions, he is looking for VERY qualified coaches in order to help build the best program that Pikeville can have. He knows that to have a good program you have to teach the kids the correct form early and wants good coaches to do this.
Exactly:thumpsup:
i hope u find who ur looking for coachj... shew i wish pikeville and central would play each other one year... lil cross town rivalry
pcorange Wrote:i hope u find who ur looking for coachj... shew i wish pikeville and central would play each other one year... lil cross town rivalry

Yea, It would be a pretty good game 2
pcorange Wrote:i hope u find who ur looking for coachj... shew i wish pikeville and central would play each other one year... lil cross town rivalry
This has been discussed but it does Pikeville ZERO good other than the rival factor. With all of the district games that Pikeville is forced to play, they take any open dates that they have and try to play top notch competition. It makes them better for later in the year. No offense to PCHS, but they couldn't do much for Pikeville right now. give them a few years under Mac and see what happens.
I have met coach jackson, seems to be a real classy guy.
rainout Wrote:I have met coach jackson, seems to be a real classy guy.
Hes a good guy, Ive been impressed since day 1.
Good Luck
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com