Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favre to announce tommorrow....
If he is retiring or coming back for another year....

Interesting that the news conference is set for 8:30 am.....

Here's to hope Brett comes back, but right now I'd say it's 25-75 in my favor...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ah...&type=lgns
He will be back for 1more year.
BurntTires Wrote:He will be back for 1more year.

I don't think so, that's the stupidest thing he could do. He's too good of a player with too good of a legacy, he needs to walk away before he kills his name
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:I don't think so, that's the stupidest thing he could do. He's too good of a player with too good of a legacy, he needs to walk away before he kills his name
I agree, but I beleive he will do just like Montanna did have trouble leaving the game end up going out a loser.
They already had the Press Conference, he said he was still endecided.
I like farve but I really think he need to let it go
BurntTires Wrote:I agree, but I beleive he will do just like Montanna did have trouble leaving the game end up going out a loser.

:dontthink Brett Farve would not be a loser if he played five more years and had losing seasons.He has nothing to worry about for he has already cemented his place in the NFL Hall of Fame!! I think he wants to play,but only if they can get some players that are as great as he is!! The Packers will be drafting a QB and I think it will be Vince Young!! Joe Montana is one of the best QB's to ever put on a helmet and in my opion didn't go out a loser,but simply went out on his own terms just like it should be with Brett.People always looks at what is in front of them and never steps back and takes a look at the big picture!!! With what they both have done in their careers how could one call them losers?
cardsfan Wrote::dontthink Brett Farve would not be a loser if he played five more years and had losing seasons.He has nothing to worry about for he has already cemented his place in the NFL Hall of Fame!! I think he wants to play,but only if they can get some players that are as great as he is!! The Packers will be drafting a QB and I think it will be Vince Young!! Joe Montana is one of the best QB's to ever put on a helmet and in my opion didn't go out a loser,but simply went out on his own terms just like it should be with Brett.People always looks at what is in front of them and never steps back and takes a look at the big picture!!! With what they both have done in their careers how could one call them losers?

Just because his place is secure in the Hall of Fame doesn't mean that he can't hurt his name. He should go out on his own terms, but it should be when he's no longer at the top of his game, which is now.

You can't compare him to this situation to Montana's- Montana was much better and it's not the same situation
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
has he made he choice?????????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
cardsfan Wrote::dontthink Brett Farve would not be a loser if he played five more years and had losing seasons.He has nothing to worry about for he has already cemented his place in the NFL Hall of Fame!! I think he wants to play,but only if they can get some players that are as great as he is!! The Packers will be drafting a QB and I think it will be Vince Young!! Joe Montana is one of the best QB's to ever put on a helmet and in my opion didn't go out a loser,but simply went out on his own terms just like it should be with Brett.People always looks at what is in front of them and never steps back and takes a look at the big picture!!! With what they both have done in their careers how could one call them losers?

Why would they draft a QB? They got Aaron Rogers last year. He is the QB of the future in Green Bay. Why would they waste 2 first round picks in two years on the same position. One of those players won't be in the game. If they do draft one it will be with a late pick. They might even wait and try to get one who is a Free Agent IMO.

I agree with the face they are not losers, but when hall of famers get along oin age they are run out of town for staying to long. It happened to Montana, it happened to Rupp at UK, it happened to the Babe. Farve should hang them up I think. He has lost some of his zip on the ball and his decision making has declined the past few years. I know he is a gun-slinger and always will be, but he is still on his way out. If he stays for one more year no worries he will lead as he always does, but for his own name's sake he should leave.

My only point is that he should walk away while it's still people's minds that when they think of Brett Favre, they immediately think winner. If he stays and plays horrible, a lot of people only see the losing part of his career, and the people who are young might only remember him as a loser. A lot of people think of the latest memories in their minds, not what he did early