Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland tomcats 2012
That is horrible Cody. Such a good football player and from all accounts a good kid. Especially to go down in a scrimmage like that.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Well looks like Cody Watts went down with a torn ACL in the Maroon an White game. Prayers for him, I know this is a devasting blow especially being his senior season. There are plenty of good backs to fill in but losing his experience an leadership on the field is tough to replace. With that said I still believe in this season being. Great one for the cats, there are several very good backs waiting in the wings. Josh Vaughn Tyler Sutton an the talk of the town freshman Quinton Baker. Evan young is the other starting back very talented kid an hard runner.

I hope the report about the torn ACL is wrong. Hate to see any kid get hurt, but particularly a senior. Good luck young man.
That's terrible. Feel really bad for Mr Watts and the team. That is a big blow.
FBALL Wrote:That's terrible. Feel really bad for Mr Watts and the team. That is a big blow.

It is a big blow and I feel terrible for Cody but I look for the Tomcats to rally around him. Like BadCat said Sutton,Vaughn,and Baker is more than enough to fill the void. Mark it down Tomcat fans, Quinton Baker will be a pleasure to watch this year. I've seen a number of great backs over the years for Ashland but I feel that Baker has a very good chance to top them all.
There is another to watch out for in the lineup at RB. #6 Braxton harshaw this kid is a senior an hasn't played since jfl, he has been looking really strong running the ball an is going to see alot of playing time back there. He could also fill in nicely for Watts.
I am so ready for the season to start. There's nothing like football on Friday Nights!
Looks like the mighty kittens had a rough time with little old mason county today. with what they lost to graduation and with the unfortunate injury to watts They are going to struggle some this year.
FBALL, were you at the game? I was unable to go. Do you have any details?
I didn't go but I got some updates. They played it like a game, four quarters. Varsity played the 1st three quarters with Ashland holding a 22-14 lead at the end of the 3rd. I was told it was very competitive.
Mason seems to always play Ashland tough. But I do agree this team may take some lups early. Reminds me a lot of of the 2006 team that started 0-2 before winning there 8 or 9 in a row and almost upsetting JC in the playoffs. The talent is there for this to team to still be very good though they will just have to gel and come together during the season
Dropped passes in the endzone is not how you win football games an a fumble on the goal line not going to cut it. Ashland had 3more scores an could not hold on to the ball. But all is not lost they pulled it together against what looked like a pretty good defense. Logan Salow did not play today, that's a kid that has to be playing both sides of the ball. We got burnt early with the deep ball an the saftey didn't stay home left the corner to cover an just couldn't recover on that play. Salow can make that play at the saftey. I think Evan young will be in the linebacker core with Salow back next week. He's much better suited there. From what I've seen today there is work to be done but all the pieces are there just a tweak here an there to get everyone clicking. Mason looked pretty nice.
No shame in beating a quality team like Mason by 8 I always said I like playing this scrimmage because Mason always seem to put up a challenge. They have been down alittle last yr, but they've got scrappy team.
It was fun to watch Baker taking his first handoffs an pass receptions. He is so raw TONS of talent just busting at the seams. He did have a couple of fumbles but the coaches showed great confidence in him by giving him the ball again an again he caught several passes for big gains from the slot, along with Massey an Wessel. Elam showed his power running the ball at times. This team will be fun to watch once they learn 'together' how good they can be.
I heard they looked soft.
FBALL Wrote:I heard they looked soft.

^Stinking trash talker!
Baker is going to be something else. All-Area track as an eighth grader and his potential is off the charts. His dad Al will be able to help him along with his outstanding experience as an All state back and SEC performer as well. When this young man breaks the line of scrimmage and gets into the secondary, not too many kids are going to catch him.
FBALL Wrote:I didn't go but I got some updates. They played it like a game, four quarters. Varsity played the 1st three quarters with Ashland holding a 22-14 lead at the end of the 3rd. I was told it was very competitive.

It was played like a game for 3 quarters varsity players. Then JV squads played the last quarter 15 plays offense each. Ashland did struggle some at times but seemed to be in control thoughout working on different things not really concerned about winning the scrimmage but more on working on different looks an different players performance.
Overall a beneficial scrimmage for both teams I think.
Well Ashland fans got some good news this week, after that terrible news about Watts last week. Looks like a kid that left for private school as a sophomore is back for his senior season. Jeremy Jackson an this kid is FAST an at 6'1 195 he's bigger an stronger than Massey an freshman Baker. Word is he's faster than Massey an baker an will definitely challenge Baker at RB an be huge help on defense with his great speed an athleticism. Probably be a couple weeks before eligible.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Well Ashland fans got some good news this week, after that terrible news about Watts last week. Looks like a kid that left for private school as a sophomore is back for his senior season. Jeremy Jackson an this kid is FAST an at 6'1 195 he's bigger an stronger than Massey an freshman Baker. Word is he's faster than Massey an baker an will definitely challenge Baker at RB an be huge help on defense with his great speed an athleticism. Probably be a couple weeks before eligible.

Thing is even if the kid doesn't beat baker he will play somewhere Leon does a magnificent job of getting all our playmakers involved