3. Nicholas County (7-5)
4. Paintsviklle (2-9)

Class A, District 8
1. Pikeville (11-3)
2. Allen Central (6-5)
3. South Floyd (3-7)
4. Phelps (4-7)

http://eastkentuckysports.com/?p=6911
I se that Hazard has no problems gwtting to the state finals on their side I could pickk 11 off the street and win Hazard side of the bracket WEAK. I can see why Mark Dixon going to stay at Hazard I would too as long as Hazard in class A. CUPCAKE CITY.
ballboy Wrote:I se that Hazard has no problems gwtting to the state finals on their side I could pickk 11 off the street and win Hazard side of the bracket WEAK. I can see why Mark Dixon going to stay at Hazard I would too as long as Hazard in class A. CUPCAKE CITY.

I'd be surprised if Hazard has an easy time in the playoffs this season. Harlan and Williamsburg will be no cupcakes this year. I don't care what anybody say's,Hazard lost some great talent and leadership last season and not the kind of players you find every season. Don't get me wrong,Hazard will be tough to beat. They won't lay down for any team. I just don't feel they are as strong as the last couple of season's. I may be wrong. We'll see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ballboy Wrote:I se that Hazard has no problems gwtting to the state finals on their side I could pickk 11 off the street and win Hazard side of the bracket WEAK. I can see why Mark Dixon going to stay at Hazard I would too as long as Hazard in class A. CUPCAKE CITY.

Wow!
Wburg may now do it this year, but in the 2013 season, they could and should be the favorite to come out of the east.

Actually, If you look at ALL the Districts. ALL three teams under the #1 ranked team in each District. Have pretty much the same combined records.
No reason to cry because they kicked you in the mouth. Just pick your teeth up and move on...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
my top 10 in class A

1. Mayfield
2. Hazard
3. Beechwood
4. Frankfort
5. Louisville Holy Cross
6. Bellevue
7. Harlan
8. Pikeville
9. Williamsburg
10. Kentucky Country Day
In district 6 this is how i would have them

1. Hazard
2. Pineville
3. Harlan
4. Jenkins

Only reason i put pineville over harlan is because Pineville is a better team then last year
wildcats fan Wrote:In district 6 this is how i would have them

1. Hazard
2. Pineville
3. Harlan
4. Jenkins

Only reason i put pineville over harlan is because Pineville is a better team then last year
I look forward to seeing how they fare in the grid against M'boro. I'd like to see the Mt.Lions shock the Jackets.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hazard may be better than they were last year the only 2 teams that can beat them in class A is either Beechwood or Mayfield.Harlan and Williamsburg NO shot Im telling you their bigger faster and the only loss I see on their schedule maybe somerset. Harlan and Williamsbug Pikeville Fairview Campbellsville NO shot and Im not a Hazard Bulldog fan. they scrimmage Belfry and we see But class A football is very weak in Kentucky outside Hazard,Beechwood and Mayfield. I was told after 2014 the KHSAA is going back to either 4 or 5 classes. Hazard better than Breathitt,Co PBurg ,Sheldon,Clark,Harlan,Pineville,Clintwood VA, Somerset is the only team that has a shot at Hazard. The sophmore runinng back at Hazard Jones I believe is his name not sure he will be a D1 player after this year.
Harlan playes a pretty good schedule Better than Williamsbug harlan will finish second in the district beind Hazard. Hazard will have a lot of power and speed. I hope Harlan cant beat them but I see no chance.
ballboy Wrote:Hazard may be better than they were last year the only 2 teams that can beat them in class A is either Beechwood or Mayfield.Harlan and Williamsburg NO shot Im telling you their bigger faster and the only loss I see on their schedule maybe somerset. Harlan and Williamsbug Pikeville Fairview Campbellsville NO shot and Im not a Hazard Bulldog fan. they scrimmage Belfry and we see But class A football is very weak in Kentucky outside Hazard,Beechwood and Mayfield. I was told after 2014 the KHSAA is going back to either 4 or 5 classes. Hazard better than Breathitt,Co PBurg ,Sheldon,Clark,Harlan,Pineville,Clintwood VA, Somerset is the only team that has a shot at Hazard. The sophmore runinng back at Hazard Jones I believe is his name not sure he will be a D1 player after this year.

Harlan gave Hazard a better game than Mayfield did last season. At the half of the Harlan game,last year,the score was really close and this was from an injured Dragon's squad that was down 4 starters on their defense. I wouldn't call that weak. Hazard may be the better team this year but I garrantee not by a lot. The Dragon's have added a couple nice upperclassmen linemen this season and the line is looking a lot more solid than years past. In my opinion thats what they have been lacking. The off/def line and injuries are what happened to the Dragon's last year. We will have to see though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:Harlan gave Hazard a better game than Mayfield did last season. At the half of the Harlan game,last year,the score was really close and this was from an injured Dragon's squad that was down 4 starters on their defense. I wouldn't call that weak. Hazard may be the better team this year but I garrantee not by a lot. The Dragon's have added a couple nice upperclassmen linemen this season and the line is looking a lot more solid than years past. In my opinion thats what they have been lacking. The off/def line and injuries are what happened to the Dragon's last year. We will have to see though.

It was 10-6 at halftime in the state final. :please:

And you don't think Mayfield had key injuries???

38-13 does not sound any closer than 24-6 IMO.

Hazard won the state and I've seen few Mayfield fans mention their injuries as an excuse. They simply say they got beat.
Hazard the past few years have been heads and shoulders above the district and there region except LCA when they were 1A. Last year Hazard was a little better than anybody and the Class State Championship shows why. Williamsburg had a solid team last year, Harlan had a solid team last year, Pikeville had an excellent team and Fairview and Raceland. Too say that this region is an easy cake walk for hazard is riduculous. I am a hazard fan but Hazard never had an easy road last year and so on. Hazard could of lost last year on any night but they didnt. The game against Pikeville last year to go to state hazard could of easily folded after Pikeville jumped out to a companding lead but they never hung there heads and the kept fighting until the end and they came out on top.

Now to this year... Hazard is the favorite until beaten. Harlan, Williamsburg, Fairview, Pikeville and Raceland all have shots to make it this year just as any team on this side of the bracket. Hazard will be beatable this year just as any team is beatable. Hazard will still be solid but they will be young on the line . Does this team have a shot being as good as last years team ? I think they do but do i think they will be better than last years team its a no. Last year was senior dominated on the line and verteran playmakers. This years team will have senior playmakers but not to experienced of a line but they will be good and I cant wait for the season to kickoff so i can come check them out....
Hatz Wrote:It was 10-6 at halftime in the state final. :please:

And you don't think Mayfield had key injuries???

38-13 does not sound any closer than 24-6 IMO.

Hazard won the state and I've seen few Mayfield fans mention their injuries as an excuse. They simply say they got beat.

I never said we could have beat Hazard last season but we could have given them a better game with everyone healthy. Last I remembered,Mayfield had nearly 60 players. We had 29. An injury makes a big difference there. The poster said that Hazard's district and 1A in general were weak and I was trying make the point that we weren't weak at all. I never meant to make an excuse or down the Bulldogs in any way. The Bulldogs are the team to beat this season. Everybodies gonna be gunn'in for them. This is not last years Bulldog team and there's plenty of competition out there and even in their own district. 1A is not weak by any stretch of the word.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:I never said we could have beat Hazard last season but we could have given them a better game with everyone healthy. Last I remembered,Mayfield had nearly 60 players. We had 29. An injury makes a big difference there. The poster said that Hazard's district and 1A in general were weak and I was trying make the point that we weren't weak at all. I never meant to make an excuse or down the Bulldogs in any way. The Bulldogs are the team to beat this season. Everybodies gonna be gunn'in for them. This is not last years Bulldog team and there's plenty of competition out there and even in their own district. 1A is not weak by any stretch of the word.

You dont know what you're talking about.:thatsfunn
Killer in the Sun Wrote:You dont know what you're talking about.:thatsfunn

Well hey biggin,you tell us how it is then. Tell us how you see it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:I never said we could have beat Hazard last season but we could have given them a better game with everyone healthy. Last I remembered,Mayfield had nearly 60 players. We had 29. An injury makes a big difference there. The poster said that Hazard's district and 1A in general were weak and I was trying make the point that we weren't weak at all. I never meant to make an excuse or down the Bulldogs in any way. The Bulldogs are the team to beat this season. Everybodies gonna be gunn'in for them. This is not last years Bulldog team and there's plenty of competition out there and even in their own district. 1A is not weak by any stretch of the word.

Injuries make a difference when it's a star player. Your inference was you "gave Hazard a better game" than Mayfield. The facts don't back that up. And Mayfield rarely cares about "who gave whom a better game." The care about titles.
Watched the Dawgs practice last night. VERY IMPRESSSIVE. They have some monsters on the line. Speed to burn. Good luck to anyone beating them because you will need a lot of luck.
Warmachine thought you was part of the Commodore faithful?