Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Grandpa Was in the War
My grandpa was on a boat in the Pacific during WW2, and always told the story of how he had a monkey. I remember this story from when I was like 6, and he talked about it some even through the years and all. Story goes that one night a tornado came, and swept the monkey away. This was my favorite story as a kid, but we always kinda joked like it was just a story. Well, one day last month, I was joking around and said "I wish you had a picture of it," thinking that it was just a story. A few days later, he pulls out this picture, my jaw dropped.

My grandpa's a legend:notworthy

I have the picture, but it won't let me post it cause it's too big, which it's not even big at all, so who knows
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Go to Microsoft Paint, then go to "Image" at the top, then go to sketch/skew and go from 100/100 to like 70/70 and then try to post it...I have to see this...Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You thought I was joking, didn't you:yikes:
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
See if this one is bigger to see a little better:Thumbs: I still can't believe my grandpa, he's so awesome. :Cheerlead
Awesome. Cute monkey too.

thetribe Wrote:Awesome. Cute monkey too.

And the thing is, it's been my life-long dream to have a monkey. It's so unreal, my grandpa's awesome, he's so laid back and just jokes about everything
Smile Awesome
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
aww thats so kewl!
i used to have a monkey.. the nasty little thing died though.. but i swear it was so fun to play with
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
CTD did ur monkey fling poo????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
BFritz Wrote:And the thing is, it's been my life-long dream to have a monkey. It's so unreal, my grandpa's awesome, he's so laid back and just jokes about everything

Did he ever mention how he got it? I bet he bought it off one of the natives where his boat was docked. Thats a pretty cool picture of it. Hey, did he have a name for it?
Nice pic.
cardsfan Wrote:Did he ever mention how he got it? I bet he bought it off one of the natives where his boat was docked. Thats a pretty cool picture of it. Hey, did he have a name for it?

Oh Oh Oh, you reminded me of one of the best parts of the story, he got it by trading his gun to one of the natives on an island, a gun for a monkey, then he just told them he lost it (the gun) or something, how cool's that? He said he never had a name for it. Which that's two more reasons why it always just seemed like a fun story, cause a lot of it seemed unlikely, but, nope, it was all true.
This type of stuff is amazing and enjoyable to me. My uncle was a paratrooper in the Phillipines in WW2. He use to tell us storys about being shot at while he was still in the air trying to land on the ground safely! He had a cool sword he said he got off of a dead japanese soldier. He passed away about 10 years ago. I miss him cause he always had a smile on his face all the time. He use to say boys if you have been through what I have you would be smiling too!!!
I laugh every time I look at that picture, and I have no clue why...It just looks like it would be a cool monkey..Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would like one!
chipper jones Wrote:I would like one!

I'm planning on having one eventually, but not now because my dog means so much to me (she was born while I was in intensive care so they got her and named her after me *BJ, my initials) that I'd feel bad because it would take attention off her and she deserves all the attention in the world
I've always wanted to buy a monkey too. Some species are really hard to take care of, others grow too big, and honestly some of just ugly. BUT a spider monkey or something that's cute and would stay small would be awesome to have...now if I would only have time for it within the next 40 years..

thetribe Wrote:I've always wanted to buy a monkey too. Some species are really hard to take care of, others grow too big, and honestly some of just ugly. BUT a spider monkey or something that's cute and would stay small would be awesome to have...now if I would only have time for it within the next 40 years..

I wanna train him to like get me food and stuff, and be calm so I can take him to Bengals games and my public speaking deals
That's pretty cool.