Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Ind./Knox/Corbin to camp
Was told these three were going to football camp at some military base in Knox county, anyone else know anything about this?
there are no military bases in knox.there is a national guard training ground in artemus{about 3 miles from barbourville}maybe thats the place.first ive heard of this.
Maybe that's the place.
I know they said it was around knox central and Barbourvile.
Seems like a good chance to get better right before the season, get these kids some competition
ADMIRE Wrote:Maybe that's the place.
I know they said it was around knox central and Barbourvile.
Seems like a good chance to get better right before the season, get these kids some competition

Better be careful about that COMPETITION. All have week 0 games and a scheduled SEKC scrimmage. SOOOOOOO, they are not allowed anymore scrimmages. But I bet they are happy you got on here to let us all know!!!!!!!:popcorn:
I sure hope there is no scrimmaging going on w/ scheduled SEKC scrimmage already. That ADMIRE is called cheating. Ohhhh KHSAA lol
[quote=TurboPanther]I sure hope there is no scrimmaging going on w/ scheduled SEKC scrimmage already. That ADMIRE is called cheating. Ohhhh KHSAA

I hate it when I tell on myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woah woah woah guys, i never said the words "scrimmage" in my posts
When i.said competition, i meant seeing the other teams and how they practice, and theyre having position challenges and obstacle courses that the guard uses
Its just a good football get away right before school and season
Maybe i shouldve been more clear, apologize
Cell phone cameras, cell video, BGP, BGR, KYPreps, Facebbok, Twitter, Texting, If you do it anymore you are busted...............and some people live for it.
I don't think there will be scrimmages, just 7 on 7 and ol vs dl challenges. This is the grey area that teams participate in since the khsaa has cracked down on camp scrimmages.
To be quite honest, there is nothing wrong with a few teams getting together and practicing side by side, however, i dont see them really being close seeing as to how Corbin and Harlan play each other in the last game of the season, but as footballfever said, in todays world of technology, its simply to hard to get away with anything.
Any contact with teams within the first five days is illegal, that goes for one on ones if in full gear, I'm sure someone will tell on someone.
wildone89 Wrote:[quote=TurboPanther]I sure hope there is no scrimmaging going on w/ scheduled SEKC scrimmage already. That ADMIRE is called cheating. Ohhhh KHSAA

I hate it when I tell on myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And after all that trash that was said about HC earlier and you tried to blame it on the city school. A little hypocritical of you wouldn't you say there Wildone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Opps!
Backwoods Wrote:[quote=wildone89]

And after all that trash that was said about HC earlier and you tried to blame it on the city school. A little hypocritical of you wouldn't you say there Wildone.

I didn't say they did or didn't, I just said I hated when I told on myself. The person that said it must be from Harlan city so you need to talk to them. Honestly, I don't care if they scrimmage or not because it has nothing to do with me! I just thought it was kind of funny to let it slip out when they probably shouldn't of said it. For your info, no I wouldn't want to see them get in trouble even if they did so all is good.
Even 7 on 7 after contact begins is considered as a scrimmage.
i see from the picture you are from Whitley. A few years back didn't Whitley get in trouble a few year back for scrimmaging at camp and had to drop a game?

i honestly do not see a problem with scrimmaging at camp.
Yogibear Wrote:Even 7 on 7 after contact begins is considered as a scrimmage.

Well then let's just keep count! I know Harlan IND. had a 7 on 7 Tuesday with another another team @ Harlan lizard field. They play bell co. In the grid, which would be two. Do they play week 0 because if they do they would be over the limit? Fair is fair???????????? Also, what about these so called competitions that were said to be with two other campers at a location somewhere at an army base in or around B'ville. If my math is correct that puts Harlan Ind. lizards over the number by several?
the A team Wrote:i see from the picture you are from Whitley. A few years back didn't Whitley get in trouble a few year back for scrimmaging at camp and had to drop a game?

Where are you getting that from?
I am convinced that "Wildone89" is "Admire" and "northlaurelfan" and all this has been perpetuated to give Harlan Ind. A hard time. He can't stand it that there's another good team in Harlan Co.. Look at the blame trail from even the posts earlier about HC and who he blamed for that. The jealousy is tremendous.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hard to believe anyone would go to so much trouble just to cause trouble.
the A team Wrote:I don't think there will be scrimmages, just 7 on 7 and ol vs dl challenges. This is the grey area that teams participate in since the khsaa has cracked down on camp scrimmages.

The position challenges might not be a grey as some people think. If 7 on 7s after contact begins count as scrimmages (and they do), I'd be very concerned that position challenges do also.
the A team Wrote:i see from the picture you are from Whitley. A few years back didn't Whitley get in trouble a few year back for scrimmaging at camp and had to drop a game?

You might not see a problem but the KHSAA rules require scrimmages at camp to count against the permitted number of scrimmages. It bothers me when some coaches try to twist, bend and skirt (or outright break) the rules. Nice role models. Not.
Backwoods Wrote:I am convinced that "Wildone89" is "Admire" and "northlaurelfan" and all this has been perpetuated to give Harlan Ind. A hard time. He can't stand it that there's another good team in Harlan Co.. Look at the blame trail from even the posts earlier about HC and who he blamed for that. The jealousy is tremendous.

Can't get anything over on you Backwoods!

There is NO problem with scrimmaging at camp. However you can have only 2 with week 1 game and 1 with week 0 game. You can now have a 3 or 4 way scrimmage and only count as 1.
Whitley did not get into trouble they just had to cancell a scrimmage. Same thing happened to Corbin and they had to cancell SEKC scrimmage and I think had to pay Conference for not hosting .
^
lol, i was waiting for him to answer fever, but its obvious he did not know anything and was spouting off random stuff.
Nothing new... Been going on at Jabez, Feltner etc for many many years. The gates are just "closed"...

You may not see it a problem but is against KHSAA rules now, unless you count it as one of your scrimmages. None of the three teams are allowed a scrimmage except for the SEKC grid. Besides you cant scrimmage another team during the first 5 days in pads.