Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Madson out for year
Newly acquired Cincinnati Reds Closer Ryan Madison will miss the 2012 Season due to a torn ligament in his right elbow

Big loss for the Red Legs
Saw this today and it sucks!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^ Ditto, I saw this and could not help but think of the deals that have burned the reds over the last couple of years. They go out this year and make more moves than they have in the past five seasons combined, and luck will have it that none work out.
^Ditto back!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It definitely sucks.

However, I still think our bullpen will be solid.

Sean Marshall will likely be the new closer and Chapman will head back to the bullpen.
Rumor is Cailey goes to the bullpen and Chapman goes to rotation.
I doubt it...

Bailey takes a very long time to get loosen up.
Yeah, this sucks!!! I really hope that Sean Marshall is able to come through this season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I think Chapman should be the closer.
Tough loss for the Reds. I think Marshall will do fine, but you still hate to spend all that money on a closer that doesn't take the mound once for you.
Who will close it out for the Reds since Madsen is out?
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:Who will close it out for the Reds since Madsen is out?

Likely Sean Marshall.