Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 11 Sheldon Clark 1 (5INs)
Sheldon Clark having a tough early season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
drops to 0-4 on the year now
^Johnson not playing, Which I don't blame him and Lafferty transfer, doesn't help matters much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^Along with senior ace B.J Jarrell. Only one guy with varsity pitching on the team and he had 4 innings of mop up duty last year. Gonna be a rough one.
D IT UP Wrote:^Along with senior ace B.J Jarrell. Only one guy with varsity pitching on the team and he had 4 innings of mop up duty last year. Gonna be a rough one.

i got to watch thursday and friday games. lchs didn't look bad, and sheldon clark looked horrible. you say that inexperience is their problem. were they taking advantage of the new rule established by the khsaa this year allowing coaches to practice their players in the off-season? i know when i would drive by lchs baseball field in the fall and winter they were out practicing. i wonder if sheldon clark was doing the same. there is no excuse if they weren't.

as for the bulldogs it looks like they are looking good. from what i have seen and been told, so far nobody stands out which is what they were used to the past several years. next week's district series with johnson central could let all lchs fans know what to expect from their team this year.
lchsalumnus Wrote:i got to watch thursday and friday games. lchs didn't look bad, and sheldon clark looked horrible. you say that inexperience is their problem. were they taking advantage of the new rule established by the khsaa this year allowing coaches to practice their players in the off-season? i know when i would drive by lchs baseball field in the fall and winter they were out practicing. i wonder if sheldon clark was doing the same. there is no excuse if they weren't.

as for the bulldogs it looks like they are looking good. from what i have seen and been told, so far nobody stands out which is what they were used to the past several years. next week's district series with johnson central could let all lchs fans know what to expect from their team this year.

In my opinion it wont. There is a lot of youth and inexperience throughout the entire district this year. It all boils down to how all these kids have developed come tournament time after playing and working on things for two more months. This past week or next week's results mean very little. You still have to play the district tournament to advance on. These series are all just for seeding purposes for that tournament.
Bob Seger Wrote:In my opinion it wont. There is a lot of youth and inexperience throughout the entire district this year. It all boils down to how all these kids have developed come tournament time after playing and working on things for two more months. This past week or next week's results mean very little. You still have to play the district tournament to advance on. These series are all just for seeding purposes for that tournament.

Spot on, you wont know these teams fully until the tourney. So much youth in our district