Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinals sign Edgerrin James
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Edgerrin James ran off to the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, agreeing to a four-year, $30 million contract with one of the NFL's weakest teams.

Heres the rest of the story:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ai...;type=lgns

Who do you guys think will replace him in Indianapolis.
Wow I didn't see this one coming.

The Cards had drafted JJ Arrington last season and were projected to draft LenDale White this season.  I think this is a great movie for the Cards.  They have a solid passing attack behind several talented wide receivers.  If they could get a solid and consistent running game going, they could easily jump to 2nd place in their division behind Seattle but in front of San Fran and St Louis.
I'm surprised but it makes sense because he figures he's got a better shot of winning it all in Arizona because Peyton Manning can't win a Super Bowl with all the most talented team in the NFL.  The Cardinals will be tough, Warner's gotten old, but if he can still get the job done, they'll have an explosive offense with Warner, James, Fitzgerald, and Boldin.
Great move by the cards, this will hurt the colts badly in the running game unless they can draft a good running back.
Can't believe this.  Never would have seen a player of his caliber going to Arizona with the shape they're in.
[quote author=blackcatfan_48 link=topic=20795.msg209994#msg209994 date=1142207897]
Great move by the cards, this will hurt the colts badly in the running game unless they can draft a good running back.
[/quote]

I was wondering if they'll draft someone, trade up to get a good draft pick, or just trade a big name, does anyone know?[quote author=CatDawg link=topic=20795.msg210072#msg210072 date=1142212276]
Can't believe this. Never would have seen a player of his caliber going to Arizona with the shape they're in.
[/quote]

I think that they can be a good team if Kurt Warner keeps his pacemaker charged and maybe draft a few solid defensive players or sign a few good free agent defenders