Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 61 Betsy Layne 42
Good win for the Panthers.
Big win for the Panthers. Hope the momentum continues.
Region is wide open.
Pikeville 61
Betsy Lane 42

Pikeville 12 14 17 18 61
Betsy Lane 4 9 11 18 42

Pikeville (19-11) -- Tackett 6, McAnallen 1, Anderson 9, Hamilton 11, Hall 2, Branham 17, Rowe 15.

Betsy Lane (20-4) -- Roberts 10, Spencer 5, Luster 3, Meade 10, Case 3, Hamilton 7, Rogers 3, Hale 1.
A few thoughts:

-That is what domination on the road looks like. Stifling defense, solid rebounding, and high percentage shooting.

-If PHS doesn't turn the ball over 20 times (Credit BL Defense some) and shoot 6-17 at the Line, this is a 30 point blowout.

-Will Branham played huge with his defense and a career high 9 boards.

-Hamilton was huge tonight from the field. 2-2 from 2 and 2-2 from 3.

-Ethan Rowe was great in his return knocking down shots and being very, very active.

-To add on to this, Congratulations to PHS Junior, Ethan Rowe for joinging the 1,000 point club at PHS. It is a great accomplishment for a great kid and athlete.

-Betsy Layne did shoot the ball poorly, but a lot of that was Pikeville D. They only attempted maybe 3-5 wide open perimeter attempts.

-Great adjustments and development by the Pikeville staff after the drubbing the Panthers took from BL in the All "A".

-Ride this wave of momentum and bring home a District and Region Championship! It is doable, but effort has to be A+ every night like this from here on out.

-19-11 after all the losses from last year is a testament to the hard work put in by this program. #1 seed in the district and a handful of good road games. With all the injuries, it is very nice to wrap up the season at this point. Very proud of this team and program.

HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Pikeville wanted it more..they played very good defense..BL was like 3 for 25 three point attempts and 12 for 36 from the field..I think BL needed this to spark them to play hard every night..nothing comes easy in the 15th region
BL beat Pikeville by 19 earlier in the season then Pikeville beats them by 19..
Panther Thunder Wrote:A few thoughts:

-That is what domination on the road looks like. Stifling defense, solid rebounding, and high percentage shooting.

-If PHS doesn't turn the ball over 20 times (Credit BL Defense some) and shoot 6-17 at the Line, this is a 30 point blowout.

-Will Branham played huge with his defense and a career high 9 boards.

-Hamilton was huge tonight from the field. 2-2 from 2 and 2-2 from 3.

-Ethan Rowe was great in his return knocking down shots and being very, very active.

-To add on to this, Congratulations to PHS Junior, Ethan Rowe for joinging the 1,000 point club at PHS. It is a great accomplishment for a great kid and athlete.

-Betsy Layne did shoot the ball poorly, but a lot of that was Pikeville D. They only attempted maybe 3-5 wide open perimeter attempts.

-Great adjustments and development by the Pikeville staff after the drubbing the Panthers took from BL in the All "A".

-Ride this wave of momentum and bring home a District and Region Championship! It is doable, but effort has to be A+ every night like this from here on out.

-19-11 after all the losses from last year is a testament to the hard work put in by this program. #1 seed in the district and a handful of good road games. With all the injuries, it is very nice to wrap up the season at this point. Very proud of this team and program.

HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Cannot believe I forgot to mention the jam by Rowe. Not pretty but it shocked me that he even attempted it. Much less convert it. Haha.
The 3 point shot is killing us and Newsome has to this! Very selfish play for the Bobcats tonight. Sure hope something changes soon. :devilflam
VIA KHSAA Scoreboard: Case was 1 for 10 from the field and Meade was 4 for 19 (0 for 12 from behind the arc). Just saying...
Congrats Panthers!......This is going to be a crazy regional tourny!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:VIA KHSAA Scoreboard: Case was 1 for 10 from the field and Meade was 4 for 19 (0 for 12 from behind the arc). Just saying...
And a HUGE part for those stats is the D by Pikeville. Allowed very few uncontested shots, always had a hand in the shooters face on almost ever possession. Shooters have bad nights, but nights like you mentioned usually result from pressure D. Don't forget Pikeville missed several wide. Open shots too, score could have been worse. I can think immediately of 3 layups missed that should never have been. Two by Branham and one by Hamilton.
Congrats to the Panthers. This one shocked me a little for it to be senior night at the Dome.
PHSForever Wrote:And a HUGE part for those stats is the D by Pikeville. Allowed very few uncontested shots, always had a hand in the shooters face on almost ever possession. Shooters have bad nights, but nights like you mentioned usually result from pressure D. Don't forget Pikeville missed several wide. Open shots too, score could have been worse. I can think immediately of 3 layups missed that should never have been. Two by Branham and one by Hamilton.
Forgot to mention, Betsy Layne as a team was 16 of 62 from the field for 25.8% (2 and 3 point attempts combined). The two players mentioned took 29 of the 62 shot attempts and accounted for 5 of the 29 makes. 12 players registered playing time last night for BL, 7 scored from the field. Of the 5 who did not score from the field, only 1 scored at all (free throw by Hale for his only point). BL was 7-14 from the line. That, my friends, is indicative of just suffocating D more than a bad night shooting.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Cannot believe I forgot to mention the jam by Rowe. Not pretty but it shocked me that he even attempted it. Much less convert it. Haha.

Don't forget Will Branham jumping over the guy who was attempting a layup, and the kid walked (I think it was Cody Luster he jumped over) as a result. I'd LOVE to see that video hit YouTube! I know someone got it on film because they were sitting behind me filming when it happened. Hopefully they can make that available for our continued enjoyment. But I think Ethan's jam was equally exciting, I know his Dad had a huge grin on his face when he did it. :biggrin:
This Region is so evenly matched it's un real. A 20 point victory during the season means nothing the next time two teams play each other. Nice W Panthers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
So true OTH. No way to predict what may happen in the 15th. Great game Panthers!!!
Very nice win for the Panthers. Great defense in this game as well as total team effort. Keep the momentum going.
Big win on the road!! Pikeville is gonna be a tough out for anyone. Branham and Rowe both playing lights out!
First of all, Betsy Layne had a bad shooting night. Who doesn't? I mean Shelby Valley beat Pikeville by 5 or 6 first game, then second game got killed by 29. Some people will have their nights like Branham and Rowe, and others will not, like Meade Roberts or Case. Second, Hale came back from an injury, and from what I hear, he is still recovering. Third, It was even a dunk it was grabbing the rim.
Absolutely agree with the region being open, Paintsville had this to a four point game with three eighth graders in the fourth against BL. What does that say about this region?
TigerBlues Wrote:Absolutely agree with the region being open, Paintsville had this to a four point game with three eighth graders in the fourth against BL. What does that say about this region?
That it is filled with sub-par teams on a state level.
Very good point...
Panther Thunder Wrote:That it is filled with sub-par teams on a state level.

Maybe....BUT, Can't we enjoy just a little bit of exciting March Madness here? This Region is so undecided and it is going to be fun watching who gets where. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Let the games begin next week......Start preparing for a wild ride, I think it'll be one of the best region tournys in awhile....hold on tight!
Two great road wins for Pike. This has been a very good year for them, and could have been great if they would not had to deal with the injuries. Congrats on a great win, and good luck in tournament play.
big win
Great game Panthers.....excellent "D" caused the so call poor shooting.!!!
[YOUTUBE="Pikeville 61 Betsy Layne 42 Highlights"]WcwbmmSfjr0[/YOUTUBE]