Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 61 Lawrence Co. 60
AC wins on Senior Night
WOW...That is closer than expected!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Always good to come home with a 'W' on Senior Night.
:biggrin:
OffTheHook Wrote:WOW...That is closer than expected!
I agree... AC was up by 4 with about 3 seconds to go and LC had the ball throwing it in from the other end of the court with no time-outs left, so AC pulled off there defense (to prevent any silly fouls from occurring) and let them shoot a last second 3 to make the final score 61-60... Which was a good decision by the Rebels coach to lockup the "W"......
LC was up 6 at the start of the 4th... 2 terrible, back to back, 5 seconds calls on LC turned the game around and it ended in Allen Centrals favor.
Yes, it was 49-43 LC going into 4th qtr. then the ref went on a 15-2 run. Several of their fans even commented on how bad it was. AC does have the best food in the region though.
^ even the popcorn? lol

I like Paintsvilles popcorn probably better than anywhere in the region. :popcorn:
They had fried bologna, polish sausages w kraut, blooming onions, and a lot more. I may go to their district tourney just to eat. Lol
Heard one of Ac players quit? Any truth to this?
LCDawg Wrote:LC was up 6 at the start of the 4th... 2 terrible, back to back, 5 seconds calls on LC turned the game around and it ended in Allen Centrals favor.

The 5 sec calls where probably true 5 sec calls, BUT, and again I say big BUT, you never see them called that quick. Usually you see a 5 sec call made right around 7 or 8 seconds. So I agree for a 5 sec call, that was really fast and not what we're used to seeing. On the other hand, LC call a timeout with about 1:18 left on the clock in the fourth, they had the ball underneath their basket throwing it in and threw it into the back court and when they crossed back to their side of the floor the clock had ticked down to like 58 or 59 seconds. So, it took LC about 18 to 20 seconds to get the ball past the half court. Things like that happen though but I really hate to see it in close games, especially towards the end of them and it's still anybodies game. The refs have a lot of pressure and I can see where it's easy to "choke on a whistle" or make a "premature call". But I think overall the refs did a decent job in this one minus some calls or no calls at the end.

:Thumbs: They do have some really good food that you don't see at other schools in the area.:Thumbs: