Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wins the 12th Region?
I gotta go with Southwestern. They have all the parts and pieces and they are the best defensive team in the region.

Pulaski and East Jessamine are right there.

Darkhorse would be Lincoln Co. I am not sure they can it all but they could upset any of the above teams.
Southwestern is my pick if I had to pick anyone else it would be Pulaski,Co.
Southwestern is definitely the most attractive team because they have the height and athletes but, I think Pulaski will win. The Maroons have beaten Southwestern both times they have played and they may not have the height but, they have the talent and the basketball IQ to win!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I like Pulaski but don't sleep on West Jessamine. Now that they are completely healthy, I think they can beat anyone in the 12th. The 12th is definitely wide open with 5-6 teams that can win it.
My heart says Southwestern, but I'm just not for sure who will win it. Southwestern has loads of depth and some quick players on the defensive end of the floor. I don't think Pulaski County can win it due to their lack of depth, which will have their legs wore out playing that many games. I do hope Pulaski County and Southwestern meet in the finals. Talk about a heck of a game. East Jessamine is playing really well right now. Lincoln County is turning heads across the area with some top-notch games. West Jessamine, who has battled injuries all-year long, seems to be getting things rolling headed into the postseason.
Pulaski Co. From everything I read on here, they seem to have the best chemistry. It seems to me that them and SW are the top two teams.
I'd like to see that match-up as well for the championship game. Noy sure I'd put alot into the kids being fatigued though, with all the AAU circuits and weekends at the KBA and Sportsplex they've all endured, basketball kids these days are prepared to play 3 games in 1 day so games in back to back days shouldn't be a concern. Good luck to all the teams in the 12th. Lots of good young talent there. (Basketball and Football)
This is a hard Region to pick...

Southwestern has had a great season...

Pulaski is hosting Region, and have two players that could combine for 80 on any given day....

East Jessamine has 6 players avg. over 10 ppg, good all around team....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im going with LC in the 12th region. they have great guard play with taylor, edgington, cummins, and ward. and you cant forget the big hill kid inside. they are solid on the defensive side and can score quickly. ill pick them upsetting either PC orSW
^

Agreed. tough region to pick. 3 or 4 teams have a legitimate shot at winning this region.
Heading into the season, it looked as if PC or SW would be the teams battling it out for the title. But East Jessamine is on a hot streak at the moment. West Jessamine has a lot of players healthy now. Lincoln County has come out of nowhere and is surprising everyone. Should be a great tournament at PC in a few weeks.
After seeing all of the favorites except for Lincoln County I'm going to go with East Jessamine. They have enough depth to match Southwestern and the pace that they play at will be enough to limit Robbie Lewis' effectiveness inside. Their are so balanced in scoring there is not really anyone you can key on. Also with the way they spread the floor and employ some of Calipari's dribble drive offense they are a matchup nightmare in the half court as well. They are by far the quickest team in the region and they are 12-0 vs 12th Region teams this season.
12th Region: Southwestern, Pulaski County head close field

Posted by Mike Fields on February 15, 2012

As the regular season winds down, we’re taking a look at the boys’ favorites in each of the 16 regions:

It’s been a scrambled regular season in the 12th Region, making it difficult to pinpoint the favorite to get to Rupp Arena.

Southwestern, under new coach Steve Wright, currently holds the No. 1 spot in the region in Dave Cantrall’s ratings, but Pulaski County, East Jessamine, Lincoln County and West Jessamine look like contenders, too.

Southwestern (21-8) has a good mix of seniors and young guys. Justin Edwards, a 6-foot-5 sophomore, has been a steady contributor, averaging 14 points and 9 rebounds.

Sophomore Dave Kapinga (15 ppg), junior Justin Schulz (8.5 ppg) and freshman Isaih Collier, a reliable three-point shooter, have also stepped up.

Wright said the Warriors’ senior class, including Cody Epperson and Rob Lewis, has provided consistent play and, more importantly, leadership.

Pulaski County (19-10) is led by the three-point shooting of Taylor Gover and Kody Johnson, each of whom is averaging more than 22 points. The Maroons have beaten Southwestern twice this season.

East Jessamine (23-4) may be the most balanced team in the state, with six players averaging double figures. Cody Collins (13.6 ppg), Tashan Hairston (11.3 ppg) and CJ Boyd (11.2) lead the way.

Lincoln County (17-12), led by senior guard Trenton Edgington, has come within a whisker of two big upsets. It led Madison Central in the closing seconds before falling 50-49, and it had Lexington Catholic down 48-47 before the Knights hit a last-second three-pointer to beat the Patriots 50-48.

West Jessamine took Pulaski County to overtime this week before losing 90-85 in overtime.

“The thing about the teams in the 12th is they always get better as the season goes on because there are so many good coaches in the region,” Wright said.

Dave Cantrall’s 12th Region top 5

Southwestern (21-8)
Pulaski County (19-10)
East Jessamine (23-4)
Lincoln County (17-12)
West Jessamine (16-12)

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2012/02/...ded-field/
1. East Jessamine
2. Pulaski County
3. Southwestern
4. Lincoln County
5. West Jessamine

In order of how likely I think they are.
Pulaski Co.
If one of the top three (SW, PC or East) gets upset in a distict final then it would be possible for all three to wind up in the same bracket of the region. That would be insane.
My heart says Garrard , but my brain says my heart is NUTS!!!! So I guess I will go with East Jess.
I'm voting for PC. The only thing that worries me is can they beat SW 3 times in a row? I have also seen East play and they looked very good. As long as SW don't win it, I just hate seeing teams that recruit win.