Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 2012
Lots of rumors out there (Coming Straight from Powell County High School) that one of there Coaches, his wife and Son are transferring to another school and Rumors of Coach Burchett either going to another school or retiring.

What's going on over in Stanton?

2012 Schedule
Aug 17, 12 Leslie County

Aug 24, 12 OPEN

Aug 31, 12 @ Pike County Central

Sep 7, 12 Lewis County

Sep 14, 12 @ Madison Southern

Sep 21, 12 @ Estill County

Sep 28, 12 Garrard County

Oct 5, 12 @ Bath County

Oct 12, 12 @ Bourbon County

Oct 19, 12 Western Hills

Oct 26, 12 Fairview
Would that player just happen to be a QB?? Would the new school he might go to be nicknamed the Hawks & happen to be in Pike Co.??
That's what I've heard
That's big news.
Does anyone know or can this be confirmed by any of the Powell people on here?
if this is true, it's gonna hurt Powell
Strikeout King Wrote:Lots of rumors out there (Coming Straight from Powell County High School) that one of there Coaches, his wife and Son are transferring to another school and Rumors of Coach Burchett either going to another school or retiring.

What's going on over in Stanton?

2012 Schedule
Aug 17, 12 Leslie County

Aug 24, 12 OPEN

Aug 31, 12 @ Pike County Central

Sep 7, 12 Lewis County

Sep 14, 12 @ Madison Southern

Sep 21, 12 @ Estill County

Sep 28, 12 Garrard County

Oct 5, 12 @ Bath County

Oct 12, 12 @ Bourbon County

Oct 19, 12 Western Hills

Oct 26, 12 Fairview

Maybe back to Johnson central.
^ you heard anything?
Blitz 43 would be the man that would know if anybody does. That would be huge after a very solid season for the pirates. With Jones, Tiller and the qb returning I thought Powell would have a chance to be solid again next year. What's going on over there Blitz?
^ him or Mr. Sandwhich haven't been on since the end of the football season
from what i have been told the starting qb cox's father who was an assistant at powell got the head coaching job at pike central an of course he will b taking his son justin there with him. havent heard anything on the heaed coach yet
^ I didn't know Pike Central was open
The position was for an assistant from what I have heard.
^ I remember seeing Pike Central have openings for Assistant Coaches on the KHSAA not too long ago and that has since been taken off
pike central, best recruiters in the mountains. They are the "untouchables" I guess.
My "sources" say Cox IS gone to Pike Central as D-co-ordinator.(plus a couple other jobs)and his wife will be teaching in the system as well.Justin will be a Hawk next year.
toomuch Wrote:pike central, best recruiters in the mountains. They are the "untouchables" I guess.

Actually they got caught. The school was fined something like $5000 and every coach required to attend some rules symposium, and put on probation.
This one lands in the lap of the Powell County administration. When you have a good coaching staff, you can't let an integral part of that staff get away. Especially when his son is a starter. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't more changes before the season begins. Same thing happened a few years back with the Rose kid leaving.
It is hard to keep good coaches when they can't get the support they need. Coach Burchett is the finest coach and person I know, and to here him being put in the same category as whitaker made me sick. Coach Burchett is the reason Powell County has had the success they have had. whitaker had a soft schedule to get his winning season. Coach Burchett had a very tough schedule. Beating Pike central, Lewis 2 time, Bourbon and going to the elite 8 and beating Estill for the first time in years. They need to appreciate him more.
Powell Fans, what's the deal with Coach Burchett, he staying, going to Johnson Central or Retiring? If Powell wants to continue to be a successful program they need Coach Burchett to stay
Strikeout King Wrote:Powell Fans, what's the deal with Coach Burchett, he staying, going to Johnson Central or Retiring? If Powell wants to continue to be a successful program they need Coach Burchett to stay

At the football banquet today coach Cox said his goodbyes but burchett never gave any idea that he was going anywhere. So i guess well just have to wait and see
Popeye Wrote:It is hard to keep good coaches when they can't get the support they need. Coach Burchett is the finest coach and person I know, and to here him being put in the same category as whitaker made me sick. Coach Burchett is the reason Powell County has had the success they have had. whitaker had a soft schedule to get his winning season. Coach Burchett had a very tough schedule. Beating Pike central, Lewis 2 time, Bourbon and going to the elite 8 and beating Estill for the first time in years. They need to appreciate him more.

Coach Burchett has done a tremendous job! I give credit where credit is due and coach Burchett has done a great job at Powell county. But I will say that coach Whitaker's schedule was by NO-MEANS soft. Breathitt county(who played for a state championship that year and had Channing Fugate who is palying at Tenn.), Estill county( who had the best team in Estill history finishing with an 11-2 record who played Breathitt in the regional finals, Estill's only 2 losses came to 3A state runnerup Breathitt), Harlan Central( who was headed to 5A the following year but due to scheduling got to play that season in a 3A district), Bath county( one of the best teams in Bath history, made the 2nd round of the khsaa playoffs), Taylor county( the 1 seed, defeated Somerset to win the district, a game in which Powell had a shot to win but was beaten in the final minute). These are the teams that beat Powell that season, none easy. Coach Burchett has done a super job but coach Whitaker did a great job as well. Both of them are great coaches. Like I said I give credit where credit is due. Coach Whitaker got the first-ever winning season in school history, coach Burchett took Powell farther then they had ever been. Both did an excellent job.
:trolldad2:
Strikeout King Wrote:Powell Fans, what's the deal with Coach Burchett, he staying, going to Johnson Central or Retiring? If Powell wants to continue to be a successful program they need Coach Burchett to stay

I agree. It's took a couple years to get his system in but last season they rolled with the belly. The belly is one of the best plays in football.
I don't think that is Powell's Schedule for this year. I seen on KHSAA that they are looking for games the first 2 weeks of the season
i belive that powell needs to play breathitt
I "believe" you need to learn how to spell..