Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 70 Paintsville 55
Slade McPeek 23
Chad Collins 16
Truman Salyer 15
If memory serves me correct.

Big win without Shane Hall.
Free Throws absolutely killed Paintsville in this one.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Free Throws absolutely killed Paintsville in this one.

What was missed at the line was made up with some of those circus shots and 3s they made at times, probably had 8-10 for the game. JC missed as many if not more (just a guess because I didn't hear the final stats) than Paintsville. I was worried about this one with Shane Hall being out, but Collins and McPeek had great games and carried the Eagles.
Phs - 12 (2), 8 (3), 7/17 (ft)
jc - 25 (2), 1 (3), 17/30 (ft)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Free Throws absolutely killed Paintsville in this one.

If they would have hit 70%, that would have just given them 5 more points. Looks like what happened in the paint was the big difference.
Anyone got any word on BJ Blackburn. He went down last night and had to be carried off the court and taken straight to the ER. Heard it may have been his ACL. Just wondering and thinking about him today. Great Kid and a senior.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Quite frankly we were down by Four in the fourth. Five points would have made a big difference. As for the circus shots comment, This team will make those on anybody in that gym. It might be the best shooting gym around.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Quite frankly we were down by Four in the fourth. Five points would have made a big difference. As for the circus shots comment, This team will make those on anybody in that gym. It might be the best shooting gym around.

That would have made a difference and put them up by 1...however being sloppy with the ball and turning it over down the stretch killed any chance of a comeback. Tiller had an outstanding game for the Tigers and IMO he is the best athletes in the 15th.
Why is Hall not playing?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Quite frankly we were down by Four in the fourth. Five points would have made a big difference. As for the circus shots comment, This team will make those on anybody in that gym. It might be the best shooting gym around.

Unless you didn't shoot any free throws past the point from when you were 4 down, that is irrelevant. And I really dont know if you did or not.
Spud6 Wrote:Why is Hall not playing?
Something to do with his hip from what I've heard, not sure really.

Nice win for JC especially without Hall.
Emmit Brown Wrote:That would have made a difference and put them up by 1...however being sloppy with the ball and turning it over down the stretch killed any chance of a comeback. Tiller had an outstanding game for the Tigers and IMO he is the best athletes in the 15th.

I dont know if he is the best, because I have not seen them all, but he is certainly the best from those I have seen.
I like them keeping Hall out You cannot come even remotely close to letting that boy get hurt bad. And A hip injury can be a career killer if it becomes aggravated.
Also gonna add that the environment for this game was amazing.
OffTheHook Wrote:Anyone got any word on BJ Blackburn. He went down last night and had to be carried off the court and taken straight to the ER. Heard it may have been his ACL. Just wondering and thinking about him today. Great Kid and a senior.

OTH, he is well. Probably finished his career as a Golden Eagle. They were to see a surgeon to look at it soon.

Have to say, BJ is one of my favorite students of all time! He is such a great kid that has a wonderful family which has raised him to be a wonderful person!

I wish the best of luck to him for a speedy recovery!
IHIGH JCTV Wrote:OTH, he is well. Probably finished his career as a Golden Eagle. They were to see a surgeon to look at it soon.

Have to say, BJ is one of my favorite students of all time! He is such a great kid that has a wonderful family which has raised him to be a wonderful person!

:Thumbs:

But then again, I'm biased.
IHIGH JCTV Wrote:OTH, he is well. Probably finished his career as a Golden Eagle. They were to see a surgeon to look at it soon.

I wish this young man the all best in his surgery. I pray all is successful and he gets a full recovery.

Thanks JCTV. Appreciate it! And I agree 100%
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
It broke my heart to see him go down like that. especially as a senior. Glad to hear it isnt super serious.
I hate to see a season or career end that way.......good luck to the young man and I know it's tough now but it a few years he'll understand that there's so much more to life than a basketball game.
He seems well rounded, he'll be a good man someday!