Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 71 Barbourville 56
Final? I thought Knox may win at home, but not by this much.
Congrats Panthers. Good win!
This was a great rivalry game. The tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Both teams fans packed out the gym. KC lead by as much as 20 points in the 4th qtr. Kc went to the corners with about 2:30 to go in the game and had 3 late turnovers to narrow the score. Both teams played hard and with great sportsmanship. Barbourville really had no answer for John barger in the second half or the big men TJ Kelly and Tobey Merida. Barger would drive the lane and shoot the short jump shot in the paint or dish to TJ or Tobey. Matthew Barger a freshman played great handling the ball. Gilmore played excellnt defense and Jacob Wilburn impressed me probably the most with his defense. Team ball is paying off for us. Barbourville has some great talent. They will regroup and be ready for district play were we could meet again. Good luck to the tigers! Great win tonight for the Panthers! I thought Evans had a great game plan and it paid off!
That had to be the worst game barbourville had played all season. Sitting in the stands watching them you could tell try were nervous, especially when they had a starter not score at all. Other slow to get started it was a bad night for them . Central wanted it more and got it. I believe come district time it will be a great game but I think the scores will be closer especially playing on a Neutral floor.
You could just see tha Barbourville had no answer for Central's inside game, an J Barger had one heck of a game.
Knox Central is the best team Barbourville has played this year.
I agree. It is hard to judge how good b'ville is due to their weak schedule.
Well i guess all the talk about bville being the overwhelming favorites is gone.
I knew that weak schedule would bit them in the ass.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Well i guess all the talk about bville being the overwhelming favorites is gone.
I knew that weak schedule would bit them in the ass.

As it does every year. Winning 20+ games means nothing if your opponents winning percentage is below 50. I expected Knox to win but not by this much, after tonight I believe they take it in the tournament as well if everyone stays healthy. I knew Barbourville would have trouble with Merida and Kelly due to their lack of inside presence. Overall good win and good game. Hope for an injury free rest of the season for each team.
Aldric Perfidus Wrote:As it does every year. Winning 20+ games means nothing if your opponents winning percentage is below 50. I expected Knox to win but not by this much, after tonight I believe they take it in the tournament as well if everyone stays healthy. I knew Barbourville would have trouble with Merida and Kelly due to their lack of inside presence. Overall good win and good game. Hope for an injury free rest of the season for each team.

Have u compared schedules? Because they play Alot of the same teams!! Leslie 2 times jellico 2 times Williamsburg Lynn camp Pineville south Jackson Whitley bell Harlan Middlesboro and north. That's 14 of their 29 games regular season games the same as barbourville. The big difference in the 2 teams is bville plays in the all A which takes away from them playing other bigger schools because they changed the rule to where u can only play 30 games in a regular season. So why don't you shut your mouth about barbourville playing teams that's are 50 percent or less on the season! :Clap::thanks::ChairHit:
gls1978 Wrote:Have u compared schedules? Because they play Alot of the same teams!! Leslie 2 times jellico 2 times Williamsburg Lynn camp Pineville south Jackson Whitley bell Harlan Middlesboro and north. That's 14 of their 29 games regular season games the same as barbourville. The big difference in the 2 teams is bville plays in the all A which takes away from them playing other bigger schools because they changed the rule to where u can only play 30 games in a regular season. So why don't you shut your mouth about barbourville playing teams that's are 50 percent or less on the season! :Clap::thanks::ChairHit:

WOW telling someone to shut their mouth while hiding behind a screen name is real courage. You must be a tough guy from the "Little School". You got beat plain and simple. Now maybe you might get KC in the District Tourny, I doubt it but you never know----:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Bvill is one of the best teams in the state. Last year BHS which I attend went to Alabama and got runner up in the tournament while central was defeated in I believe the second round. I was at the bville central game and both teams played their hearts out. There was some bad calls made on both teams and some bad match ups.
gls1978 Wrote:Have u compared schedules? Because they play Alot of the same teams!! Leslie 2 times jellico 2 times Williamsburg Lynn camp Pineville south Jackson Whitley bell Harlan Middlesboro and north. That's 14 of their 29 games regular season games the same as barbourville. The big difference in the 2 teams is bville plays in the all A which takes away from them playing other bigger schools because they changed the rule to where u can only play 30 games in a regular season. So why don't you shut your mouth about barbourville playing teams that's are 50 percent or less on the season! :Clap::thanks::ChairHit:

It is unfortunate for you that your team lost to its rival for the who knows how manyth time in a row. I am sorry that you arent adult enough to realize reality. I am sorry that you are a sore looser. I am sorry that your team couldnt take the wanna be stars from its rival and inturn beat them. Hopefully next time this happens you will have grown up a little and have some class. Never once was my post foul toward anyone, it was straight reality, and opinion. Best of luck to each team the rest of the season and prayers for an injury free one aswell.
Congratulations to the panthers Barbourville is having a great season and I think have a rare squad that a small singal A. School doesn't get a chance to have very often they maybe the better team this season against other teams but can't beat their big brother from across town I love both teams