Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cory Davenport Senior Highlights
I ran across these through facebook. Where has he gone to? Has he fell throught the cracks? Last I heard he was offered to play at Air Force. Surely someone is gonna pick this kid up.

Border Bowl

Senior Highlights
Have not heard anything.
Committed to Lindsey Wilson today.
Dang, I talked to him last week via twitter and he told me Air Force had contacted him and gave him like 3 or 4 days to make a decision and he waited to long. He has a brother at Lindsey. I guess that will be a good fit for both of them. Congrats to Cory and Lindsey. He may have had more opportunity if Bell was a stat padding team.
More of an opportunity than the Air Force Academy? I don't really think that Davenport was an SEC caliber player which means he wasn't going to land in a BCS conference. And if you're not going to a major FBS conference then how much more of an opportunity are you looking for than Air Force.

I am sure it would have been nice for WKU, EKU, Murray to have offered, but Air Force is night and day compared to those schools.

Did he take a visit to AF? Most of the time they won't offer and put pressure on you unless you've visited. Did he pass up on a visit?

Anyway, BOL at Lindsey.
goscots56 Wrote:More of an opportunity than the Air Force Academy? I don't really think that Davenport was an SEC caliber player which means he wasn't going to land in a BCS conference. And if you're not going to a major FBS conference then how much more of an opportunity are you looking for than Air Force.

I am sure it would have been nice for WKU, EKU, Murray to have offered, but Air Force is night and day compared to those schools.

Did he take a visit to AF? Most of the time they won't offer and put pressure on you unless you've visited. Did he pass up on a visit?

Anyway, BOL at Lindsey.

Yes, he did pass up the visit. Coach Weikert from AF contacted the coaching staff at Bell and offered him a visit. UHH, AF is not just a football commitment either in case you didn't know. Morehead and Carson Newman also offered him but was a day late. EKU offered but also took Jude. Is it really necessary to voice your opinion in this manner towards a kid? Anyway, good luck to Cory. I've always made the trip where ever he played. One of the most exciting kids I've ever watched. I may become a Blue Raider fan so I can have something to do on Saturdays. It's actually closer to me than Bell County.
Maybe we could just tell him he's no good and call him a liar.

:yesno:
I was not voicing my opinion of the kid, I was voicing my opinion of your naive comment about him having MORE OF AN OPPORTUNITY had they padded the stats. He had a great opportunity, he passed. Nothing against him, and I wish him the BOL at Lindsey. But to say that if Bell would have padded his stats then he would have had more offers is just wrong.
Congrats and best of luck to the young man.
Year after year Bell Co has a great back. Congrats on continuing that tradition young man. Good luck in your future and Congrats on a stellar career!!!!