Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central 73 - Cordia 47
1/7/2012
Knott Co. Central 73
Cordia 47
Cordia 9 14 12 12 47
Knott Co. Central 17 25 21 10 73
Cordia (5-9) -- Hudson 18, Mullins 13, Sumner 3, Owens 9, Tackett 4.
Knott Co. Central (13-2) -- Adams 6, Justice 27, Christon 8, Hall 16, Cornett 2, Shrum 8, Bentley 2, Amburgey 3, Catron 1.
KCC improves to 13-2

Cordia drops to 5-9 and have lost 6 straight (3 of their last 10) and it doesn't get any easier with East Ridge and Powell County coming into Cordia
I went to the Breathitt vs. Hazard game instead because I was told BB was going to hold his boys back to a 25 point win. Sounds like I heard right. Was also told Davis wouldn't play at all. Since, he didn't score I will assume that was right also.
No Davis and still a big win...
please...still a big win...against cordia come on really. knott central has sure played an awfully easy schedule up to now. i surely cant see how they are ranked as high as they are in the state with the schedule theyve played.
G.O.A.T Wrote:please...still a big win...against cordia come on really. knott central has sure played an awfully easy schedule up to now. i surely cant see how they are ranked as high as they are in the state with the schedule theyve played.

are you kidding me? There's nothing easy about West Jessamine (9-6), Henry Clay (9-6), Muhlenberg County (10-5), Montgomery County (13-3), Letcher County Central (10-5). There's nothing easy about those teams. KCC won the IHigh Tournament in Lexington which always has good teams in it. KCC has more tough opponents in PCC, LCC, Breathitt (Twice), Hazard, Buckhorn. There's nothing easy about those teams. KCC can't help it because Cordia and Jenkins are in there District. As for the other games like Phelps, Allen Central, Powell County, Estill County, I'm sure those schools called KCC. I do know for a fact that Estill called KCC. Reason why Estill called KCC is because that's where Region is held and if your a coach your gonna want your team to play on the court where the Regional Tournament is being held wether your team makes it to the regional tournament or not
Why is Davis out?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ just a guess but probably so KCC wouldn't beat Cordia like a drum like they did the first meeting.
Letting him heal up some nagging injuries. No need to play him against Cordia. WYMT coming up this week.
henry clay is a pretty good young team. other than that the ones youve mentioned are just average teams. and as far as the tourney you were talkin bout in lexington, how bout you give me a list of all the teams that were in it this year.
G.O.A.T Wrote:henry clay is a pretty good young team. other than that the ones youve mentioned are just average teams. and as far as the tourney you were talkin bout in lexington, how bout you give me a list of all the teams that were in it this year.

Knott County Central (13-2)

Bryan Station (5-10)

Henry Clay (9-6)

Jeffersontown (11-5)

Fleming County (4-8)

Fern Creek (11-7)

Pikeville (10-4)

Muhlenberg County (10-5)

Paul Dunbar (14-3)

Tates Creek (8-7)

Paris (4-11)

Montgomery County (13-3)

Lafayette (5-10)

Male (10-9)
Davis didn't play. Varsity played most of the first half. I have no idea cuz I had to leave at half time. But from what I saw Cordia played hard. They played as a team and worked for open buckets. They didn't always go in, but I liked what I saw out of the Lions. Played team ball, unlike the game at Cordia.
from the looks of that list that seems like a real solid tourney field....