Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Knott stand a chance against Perry?
mustang14 Wrote:justice is by far a better PG than beverly

No one in the 14th Region is "by far" a better PG than Braxton Beverly.
After seeing both teams several times now, and after the game tonight, I'll give the nod to KCC, PCC seems to have trouble playing as a "team", that could come back to haunt them at tourney time. KCC is a great team that plays "team ball". Pcc has too may "stars" to play "team ball", that is the difference IMO! Will be an exciting 14th tourney, not to mention the 54th district tourney!!
I've seen Knott play 6 times and seen Perry play 3 times.

Here's a easy breakdown of why I like Knott.

Beverly and Paige are like Lebron and Wade two of the best players but they both have to have the ball to do what they do best.

Justice and Davis play great together. Davis don't need the ball to be great and Justice loves having the ball.

Each teams role players are about equal.

Why I pick Perry to win the region tho! Better Coach
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:No one in the 14th Region is "by far" a better PG than Braxton Beverly.

Justice is better shooter,ball handler, and better rebounder so I would say better pg than beverly. stats say so to
Stats: Paige 24 pts/ 7rebs/3 ast a game(Shooting over 50% from the 2 and 3.) Beverly 13 pts/7 ast/4 rebs a game. Cornett is a double double and shooting 72% from the field which is #1 in the state. Dont know about jealous on this team, but they sure share the ball well to make statements like ekff just made.
Do they have a chance and will they beat PCC are two different questions? No one who knows anything about basketball could honestly say that they don't have a chance to beat PCC. Both teams are having good years. The only team that I can recall both PCC and KCC playing is Henry Clay. Both teams beat HC and I think by about the same amount. BUT, (and this is a big but) KCC did it in Lexington and PCC did it in Perry County. No one should question whether that makes a difference. I think it will just come down to which team is lucky enough to be ahead when the final buzzer rings and not which team is best because either team could win on any given night.

I think the better thread is what team in the 14th region had PCC and KCC not overlook. Very few people expected Hazard to play KCC so well last night. KCC is in a better situation here because they are scheduled to play almost all the tops teams at least once before tournament time. I don't PCC is.
ballstar Wrote:Stats: Paige 24 pts/ 7rebs/3 ast a game(Shooting over 50% from the 2 and 3.) Beverly 13 pts/7 ast/4 rebs a game. Cornett is a double double and shooting 72% from the field which is #1 in the state. Dont know about jealous on this team, but they sure share the ball well to make statements like ekff just made.

Dalton Cornertt isn't leading the state.. Half the teams in the state haven't turned in stats...

If u want to know the truth about Perry Central being on the same page well just find Jaysean somewhere around in town and ask him what he thinks about his team, and you'll get ur answer!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Paige is the difference for PCC. You take Paige out of the picture and PCC would not beat Knott or maybe even Hazard. I believe with Paige PCC will be the team you do not want to draw at RUPP.
ekff Wrote:Dalton Cornertt isn't leading the state.. Half the teams in the state haven't turned in stats... If u want to know the truth about Perry Central being on the same page well just find Jaysean somewhere around in town and ask him what he thinks about his team, and you'll get ur answer!

I hope u can tell me someone else in the state that is shootn 72% from the field!!!!! What kids say and what they do is to totally diff things. Im sure you know that. Since uve coached in the past u should know how kids are. From what ive seen this team has come along way since scott county and they are really sharing the ball. Im sure beverly knows this is his team and is willing to sacrifice points to make his team better. Combs, Cornett and huff doesnt have a selfish bone in their body. Im SURE those kids have been coached into doing whats best for the team. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out. I think everyone is overlooking the Breathitt, HHS and Buckhorns this yr. IMO, Breathitt has the best wins in the regions thus far. They swept HHS and beat the horn at the horn. Watch out for the bobcats this yr. Should know alot more about them after tonite........
Downtown10 Wrote:Justice is better shooter,ball handler, and better rebounder so I would say better pg than beverly. stats say so to

Ah boys...
HeGotGame Wrote:Your biased opinions crack me up and makes things so much better when your wrong.
With that being said they seem to be about evenly matched and we will know soon enough who the better team is or at least how close they really are..
*you're*
zaga_fan Wrote:They are free and they're EPIC too!

Heehaw!!!
I think Kcc will play with Perry but I Defently think Perry is the best team in the region and should win
:trolldad:

KCC has more than just a chance. I could see them winning this game. As close as their talent level is either team will always "stand a chance" when they play each other.
[quote=Aslan]*you're*

Excuse the quick typing from an iPhone..however I'm pretty sure my law degree surpasses grammatical errors on bluegrass rivals, could be mistaken..

Go Patriots!
Perry will wear down Justice and Davis. Hatcher will use his Run and Gun style of play this game. Hahahahahaha
well since perry went to jackson and dismantled the bobcats then what would you say about em now? do you give the advantage to perry or are you still stickin with knott as the front runner in the region?
ballstar Wrote:Stats: Paige 24 pts/ 7rebs/3 ast a game(Shooting over 50% from the 2 and 3.) Beverly 13 pts/7 ast/4 rebs a game. Cornett is a double double and shooting 72% from the field which is #1 in the state. Dont know about jealous on this team, but they sure share the ball well to make statements like ekff just made.

Where was all that in the game I watched Perry Central play against Scott County??? Scott's size/length had Cornett playing jittery. He couldn't catch a pass and when he did he missed several wide open bunnies. He looked a step slow to me. He didn't impress me in that game, but with all fairness to him, Scott County has a very good team. He won't see that type of size and athleticism in the mountains.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Perry will wear down Justice and Davis. Hatcher will use his Run and Gun style of play this game. Hahahahahaha

I sure hope he uses his run and gun style because the slow ball he usually plays is so d*mn boring that it's a waste of money paying to get in the game.
1,000th Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as this discussion it's weird in a way. Go back and look at the KCC and Hazard game. Knott was easily more talented with the most clutch player in this region in Davis and had to win by sending the game to OT. Big Al with so much less talent almost beat BB King. BB got out coached so bad by Big Al. What do you think Hatcher will do to KCC with the same amount of talent. PCC's slow style of play KCC I don't think can win. But if PCC trys to push it that will just play into Knott's favor. Justice and Davis will have to win this game because we all know BB King won't win it
I'd give Justice the edge in skill over Beverly..but I don't think he or anyone else is "by far" better than Bev, like Zaga said.

Also, I think PCC is the better team right now. But it's just dumb to say that KCC doesn't stand a chance..they could easily win the game. I can't wait for the matchup, and I'm going to try my best to get to it. It's not every year that EKY is this good.

When is the game?
Crazy Horse Wrote:1,000th Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as this discussion it's weird in a way. Go back and look at the KCC and Hazard game. Knott was easily more talented with the most clutch player in this region in Davis and had to win by sending the game to OT. Big Al with so much less talent almost beat BB King. BB got out coached so bad by Big Al. What do you think Hatcher will do to KCC with the same amount of talent. PCC's slow style of play KCC I don't think can win. But if PCC trys to push it that will just play into Knott's favor. Justice and Davis will have to win this game because we all know BB King won't win it

Please explain Crazy Horse?

I thought both Coaches did a great job!!! Al had a great game plan and his player's executed it well. BB saw that Justice wasn't going to get a lot of open shots (being chased by Triplett) so he put Davis on the Block and started going inside to Davis and Hall, which got Whitaker in foul trouble. Once Whitaker was out Hazard had to double down on Davis and Hall which opened up the outside more for Justice and Adams.

Back to the subject, yes KCC has a shot at beating PCC. Denny showed everybody how to beat PCC. The Breathitt, PCC game was a lot closer than the final score indicates.
Going to be a great game. It is great to see so much talent in the mountains.
Can't wait to see this match up.
I agree with Panther. This is the first time that I can remember having 2 14th region teams being ranked so high. Both have beaten teams from Lexington proving its not a fluke. Knott hasn't been beaten by a team in state yet, and Perry has only lost to Scott County, a perennial top 5 team. If both teams win the games they are supposed to..........then split with each other..(edit, I see they only play once).........they both could crack the top ten by tourney time. That is pretty amazing! How about we sit back and enjoy the talent and let it be played out on the court!
KCC can definitely play with Perry, but winning is a whole different story. Paige is the only player on both teams that has made it to a state championship game and knows what has to be done to get there. The zone perry plays is deadly and will force Adams and Justice to shoot contested threes and imo that's where perry comes out with the win. If perry keeps justice and davis out the lane and cornett out of foul trouble perry wins against knott by 7+ pts.
KHSAA12 Wrote:KCC can definitely play with Perry, but winning is a whole different story. Paige is the only player on both teams that has made it to a state championship game and knows what has to be done to get there. The zone perry plays is deadly and will force Adams and Justice to shoot contested threes and imo that's where perry comes out with the win. If perry keeps justice and davis out the lane and cornett out of foul trouble perry wins against knott by 7+ pts.

as far as keeping davis out of the lane no one in the region is goin to do that, and justice proved saturday that he can knocked down contested shots. IMO paige and justice will cancel each other out and the difference maker is goin to be davis way to strong inside. Its goin to be the best game in the mountains this season hands down.