Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about In-Game competitions
When did KAPOS change the rule about Girls and Boys varsity tournament competitions?

It has always been that the same squad cannot cheer for both girls and boys. When did this change?

And also, How does everyone feel about this change?
I don't know when it changed but I know it did... I like the change because most squads only have one squad to represent their school from around here... I know Pikeville and Belfry have many squads but East Ridge and Valley and most other squads only have one. So if they aren't allowed to cheer both then it isn't fair because it is like handing over a trophy to somebody who might not deserve it because one squad didn't compete because they already competed in a different one...

-J.o.r.d.a.n!
"PvilleCheerAlum" Wrote:When did KAPOS change the rule about Girls and Boys varsity tournament competitions?

It has always been that the same squad cannot cheer for both girls and boys. When did this change?

And also, How does everyone feel about this change?
Apparently it changed this year. I guess they decided with Title IX, County schools have to have cheerleaders of equal age and talent for both boys and girls teams. Due to lack of numbers, lack of interest in cheerleading, or whatever, most schools have only one squad. And since have to cheer both boys and girls all season long, the only way to make it fair is for them to be able to compete in both girls and boys tournaments.
I think it is great for everyone....it gives everyone more competition and a couple of chances to be judged.
Well I am glad it did change. Because I know the cheerleaders at Pburg cheered for girls and boys both all season long and they weren't allowed to get judged for both then that wouldn't be fair.
"jordan_looney" Wrote:I know Pikeville and Belfry have many squads but East Ridge and Valley and most other squads only have one. So if they aren't allowed to cheer both then it isn't fair because it is like handing over a trophy to somebody who might not deserve it because one squad didn't compete because they already competed in a different one...

-J.o.r.d.a.n!

Actually it isnt fair to our girls varsity squads. Most high schools have a girls varsity because those girls arent as talented as the boys varsity.

If Boys varsity squads are allowed to compete against these girls then it isnt fair to them. They work hard just like boys varsity squads, and i dont see how it is fair for those girls to have a possible trophy taken away from them.
Thats the case if there is more than one squad... But if there is only one then The squad that has cheered for both squads all season should still deserve to win the trophy!
Im glad Im not the only one who feels this way.
Well, in the 57th this year the same squad from each school competed for both. In years past Johnson Central always had two teams. But this year they used the same competition squad for both tourneys. Everyone assumed that the squad that won Girls would win Boys, or vise versa. BUT, Magoffin came away with the Girls and Central with the Boys. One squad must have done better one night than the other. Neither team came away with both titles.