Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Player of the Year
"NEXT" Wrote:Thompson = best player on a real bad team......love to see his stats home vs. road

Lowe = best player on the#1 or #2 team in the region and played hurt for half the season

Its a 2 horse race between Lowe and Maynard with Lowe winning IMHO
well if you will hang on I will post them just for you
Lawrence County and Thompson are new to the 15th region. Understandably 15th region players/coaches/fans are more familiar with Brad Lowe, they have watched him over the course of his high school career. Will this hurt Thompson's chance of being named player of the year?
"WOW" Wrote:Lawrence County and Thompson are new to the 15th region. Understandably 15th region players/coaches/fans are more familiar with Brad Lowe, they have watched him over the course of his high school career. Will this hurt Thompson's chance of being named player of the year?

Yes, it will definately hurt his chances. Lowe will win the award in a landslide because 75% of the teams in the 15th didn't even see Thompson play.
"bball fan" Wrote:Yes, it will definately hurt his chances. Lowe will win the award in a landslide because 75% of the teams in the 15th didn't even see Thompson play.

And that is no ones fault besides LC, they only sched. 7 teams in the 15th, 13 games total thats about half.

Play somewhere besides, the 16th.
Sean Leslie
These are the best that I can get at this time, and these are not 100% accurate, they dont have all of them right.

http://www.statsandgo.com/sports/basketb...layer.cfm?
View=Offensive&AthleteID=136286

http://www.statsandgo.com/sports/basketb...eID=136286
"NEXT" Wrote:And that is no ones fault besides LC, they only sched. 7 teams in the 15th, 13 games total thats about half.

You have to realize that most of the teams already had there schedules made and Lawrence had to redo thiers and then fill in the open dates with the teams that they could get scheduled since they were already in the 15th and we were in the 16th, we had to schedule what we could.
I would love to see PC and LC play to see who the better of the two is. This would end all controversy. But my vote would still be for Lowe.
I'll admit his stats are not that different - 27 ppg at home vs 22 ppg on the road as well as 13 rpg home vs. 10 rpg road

He's still a 6'4" post player in a region where 6'4" is huge, Lowe is a 6'4" guard who has to defend post guys.

Lowe is better.
Lowe is 15th region player of the year. IMO Thompson isn't even the 2nd best, Matt Maynard would be my 2nd pick, and who ever said Lowe is just an NAIA player is crazy, He already has about 3 or 4 D-1 offers, one is East Tennessee State, which is pretty good...
"piratefaithful" Wrote:Lowe is 15th region player of the year. IMO Thompson isn't even the 2nd best, Matt Maynard would be my 2nd pick, and who ever said Lowe is just an NAIA player is crazy, He already has about 3 or 4 D-1 offers, one is East Tennessee State, which is pretty good...

Youi are real funny, its either Thompson or Lowe is the best player in the region
hands down maynard isnt even close.
I agree with Bat... Thompson is better than Maynard... I think there are a lot more players in the region that are better than Maynard as well
"NEXT" Wrote:And that is no ones fault besides LC, they only sched. 7 teams in the 15th, 13 games total thats about half.

Before you post something i would suggest you get your facts straight, the 15th pretty much already had schedules set when we entered it so LC pretty much had to take what they could get. And as far as that goes maybe the other coaches should have put more effort into welcoming a new team into the region so everyone could see them play. And well I guess like the other teams in the 15th it would have been nice to have those easy wins against David and Piarist to post in our win column and for players to pad their stats but I think Coach A looks for competition to make them better . I think the boys have done a good job with the transition into a new district since at the start of the season NO ONE in the 15th was even mentioning LC at all. Good job Dawgs!!!
Both of you are crazy, If Matt had just a little better shot, he would be number 1. He is the best penitrater in the region, and is the best deffensive player in the region, to say Maynard hands down isn't even close is crazy. he doesn't have the best attitude in the world but we are not judging character here, we are judging 15th region player of the year... An 15th region Crazy if they are so many more players better than Maynard name them for me...
Thompson is not close either....IMO Leslie from Pburg is better than he is...
Lowe is the best player I've saw in the 15th this year.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:I would have to give it to either Brad Lowe or Thompson from Lawrence County. They both are the thread that keeps their teams together and both are tough competitors.

Very good post. But, I would say Shawn Thompson from Lawrence Co. He has always played strong consistently and he is the glue for the LC team.:High5:
Tell me how the player of the year is selected.
No doubt about it, Brad Lowe. He may not be the MVP of the Region, but it's been so long since someone from the mountains has had this type of success, he'll win it without a doubt.
Well, why would you need to see them play then?
"15th Fan" Wrote:I would love to see PC and LC play to see who the better of the two is. This would end all controversy. But my vote would still be for Lowe.
My vote goes to Thompson from Lawernce Co.
Brandon May or Brad Lowe.....There numbers say it all......Both put up 10+ points and 10+ rebounds a game
Brad Lowes and he well deserves it. He is a team player and plays when he should be on the bench with an ankles most of us would be on krutchs with he is an outstanding player and will be greatly missed next year by players and fans.
Coaches vote..
Thompson was a good player on a bad team..On a better team, his stats wouldnt have been great
he got so many boards because no one else could pull down a rebound..Mitch Copley was like 20 feet tall, and he wasnt strong enough to get many
No one else on LC could shoot the ball well, so it was left up to him

Brandon May was in sort of the same boat...there was a bit more talent on his team, but still he was the star on the team that you always depended on for all the tough baskets and what have you..

I believe May was a better ball player than Thompson for a few reasons..
May had much better ball handling than Thompson and May could also pass the ball well..Both had good shots and they pulled down most the rebounds on the team..