Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2012
Ill go ahead and get this one started....

How does Bell look next year with the losses of RB Cory Davenport, linebacker Eric Miller, defensive tackles Brent Marsee and David Hoskins, offensive linemen Jacob Johnson, Caleb Carter and Connor Gray and cornerback Dakota Collett.

I know there is alot of talent and speed coming up with Muncy, Collett, Madon, Swanner and big Nate Murray.

How do the lines look after losing all those kids?
NothingTrivial Wrote:Ill go ahead and get this one started....

How does Bell look next year with the losses of RB Cory Davenport, linebacker Eric Miller, defensive tackles Brent Marsee and David Hoskins, offensive linemen Jacob Johnson, Caleb Carter and Connor Gray and cornerback Dakota Collett.

I know there is alot of talent and speed coming up with Muncy, Collett, Madon, Swanner and big Nate Murray.

With 17 senior's and 16 junior's including Oslonian and Polly I would say that they will be as good or better than last season. Probably better since this will be coach Mill's second season and the player's have become acclamated to his coaching style.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NothingTrivial Wrote:Ill go ahead and get this one started....

Hows their schedule looking like???
Same as 2011 just place Bryan Station in Lafayette place.

Lots of work to do for the young players of Bell Co. to replace the starters that were lost. I suspect Bell Co. will be just fine with some hard work by the players in the off-season.
I'd like to think that next years team will be a pretty dang dangerous group, and is primed to make a run at state. It's kind of the same situation as the 08 State champion team to me, they're we're so many talented seniors, with just as much talent, if not more, right behind them. A lot of people won't see it coming, but Polly is the best RB in the mountains that no one has really heard of, look for him to have a huge year. Muncy from the 8th grade squad can probably step in for Collett at corner right away. Lot's of talent comming up from the middle school program that I personally believe is high school ready right away. Gonna be some growing pains the first few weeks with no Davenport, but they'll come into their own.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Polly is the best RB in the mountains that no one has really heard of, look for him to have a huge year.

Theyll hear of him next year....Im looking to hear his name alot on both sides of the ball. Only argument I had with this years team was collett playing FB, with Polly and Davenport, I would have liked to see a bigger FB. Id love to see swanner get a shot at FB...I hear the kid is an absolute powerhouse.
I still remember in 04 when Bell played us to the wire. Scared the excrement out of me!! Coach Hilton had those boys ready to play. Hopefully they continue to keep up the good work!
NothingTrivial Wrote:Theyll hear of him next year....Im looking to hear his name alot on both sides of the ball. Only argument I had with this years team was collett playing FB, with Polly and Davenport, I would have liked to see a bigger FB. Id love to see swanner get a shot at FB...I hear the kid is an absolute powerhouse.

Comments like this just go to show that Bell Co. has the depth to taylor their offense to meet their needs. It was different with Davenport. You just get the ball to him and a little open field and it didn't matter much what the defense did. Things will be a little different with this team but,they have the manpower to do many things offensively and they will be just as effective.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WideRight05 Wrote:I still remember in 04 when Bell played us to the wire. Scared the excrement out of me!! Coach Hilton had those boys ready to play. Hopefully they continue to keep up the good work!

Always enjoyed it when Highlands is lined up with us. Wish these two could hook it up in the reg season as well, win or lose. Love the Highlands folks, always keep up with the team out of respect, hope one of these days we can play you guys again.
Davenport reminded me of that Robbins kid that played a few years ago. That kid was sick good.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Theyll hear of him next year....Im looking to hear his name alot on both sides of the ball. Only argument I had with this years team was collett playing FB, with Polly and Davenport, I would have liked to see a bigger FB. Id love to see swanner get a shot at FB...I hear the kid is an absolute powerhouse.

Look for Collett to move to the 2 back position next to Polly in the wishbone. Swanner may get his shot, but D.J. Warwick is also a very strong kid who can play fullback. Was the fullback on the middle school team when these boys we're 8th graders and played for the 8th grade state title. Collett will more than likely be at FB in all other formations besides the bone though. His speed is what makes him playing fullback so dangerous.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Look for Collett to move to the 2 back position next to Polly in the wishbone. Swanner may get his shot, but D.J. Warwick is also a very strong kid who can play fullback. Was the fullback on the middle school team when these boys we're 8th graders and played for the 8th grade state title. Collett will more than likely be at FB in all other formations besides the bone though. His speed is what makes him playing fullback so dangerous.

DJ wasn't the fullback on that team he played offensive guard on that middle school team.
Amped 88 Wrote:DJ wasn't the fullback on that team he played offensive guard on that middle school team.

Who was the fullback? I'm pretty sure I remember him running it a few times
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Who was the fullback? I'm pretty sure I remember him running it a few times

I don't remember but don't think that he ran it at all. I think that DJ will be an offensive lineman next year. He played there a few times this year. He won't be a fullback at all.
Amped 88 Wrote:I don't remember but don't think that he ran it at all. I think that DJ will be an offensive lineman next year. He played there a few times this year. He won't be a fullback at all.

You are right, Warwick did not run the ball at all this year, I still keep thinking I remember him running a few times in middle school though, memory could be slipping. None the less though, I forgot about The frosh Austin Caldwell, heck of a back, and bigger than Collett, may be him lining up at fullback in the wishbone, making it that much more dangerous, with him, Polly, Collett, and Oslonian all viable running threats that can take it the distance any given time. Any way you look at it, next years offensive backfield is loaded. Lost some key seniors, but i think the kids coming up from middle school can be plugged into spots and make this team very dangerous.
I'd like to see Bell end Central's run next year!
^ Agreed!!!
They're not bad people down there. I don't care what the rest of the state says about them.
They're tough every year. That's for sure. Up or down, they're not an easy out. Ever.
Take it from an outsider who knows a lot about there program...

If theres one thing Bell does great, its getting there younger kids ready for that high school system. Bell has a tremendous feeder system over there and just reloads every year.
I honestly see them beating every eastern KY team they play again this year.
Whitley and Harlan could give em a run, but ive thought that before and seen nothing but a blow out.

Trust me, Bell will be in the mix of things before its over.
Any chance any of the freshman get extended playing time in the first half of games?
BellCoFaithful Wrote:You are right, Warwick did not run the ball at all this year, I still keep thinking I remember him running a few times in middle school though, memory could be slipping. None the less though, I forgot about The frosh Austin Caldwell, heck of a back, and bigger than Collett, may be him lining up at fullback in the wishbone, making it that much more dangerous, with him, Polly, Collett, and Oslonian all viable running threats that can take it the distance any given time. Any way you look at it, next years offensive backfield is loaded. Lost some key seniors, but i think the kids coming up from middle school can be plugged into spots and make this team very dangerous.

DJ will be a Heck of a OG next year for Bell. He made the move to the OL and DL in the middle of the year and done a great job on both sides. Very unselfish kid who will do whatever it takes for the team to win. I would look for him to have a big year!!

Backfield will be ok next year, no Davenport so all will have to step it up. Which I would expect them to do in the weightroom and on the track. Polly, Collett, Caldwell, Lee, Lawson and Barton will all see time in the backfield.

NothingTrivial Wrote:Any chance any of the freshman get extended playing time in the first half of games?

I would say there will be a good chance that 4 or 5 of them do. Murray on the OL would be the obvious, Swaner, Woolum, Collett, Muncy, Baker and Evans could all get some early PT also. Pretty good class that is very mature for incoming Freshman. I would look for them to play quiet a bit of defense as subs to have them ready to step in for 2013 as starters.
The group that will be moving up to the high school level next season will without a doubt be an asset to Bell's program . A fine group of young men .
While it is great to have 9th graders who have the ability to play varsity, it isn't the best to have to rely upon them for varsity minutes.
Watching Bell middle school team twice this year, IMO they have one young man that can help the varsity team in 2012 season and that is the QB.. The right camp and he could push for the job
I think you will see all of the boys mentioned contribute to Bell's success in the upcoming season .
bells biggest concern will be the heart of the defense in the d line and linebackers they lost alot of experience with eric miller leaving and the dline not online lost 2 starters but two others that got great minutes in carter and johnson.
Agreed, some young guys will have to go to work!!
Sounds like a "re-loaded" Bell County team!.. What's the others in their district got coming back?