Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 42 Franklin-Simpson 14
Wildwind Wrote:Thank you Wide Right. That is truly all we were asking for ...a little respect. Those kids worked hard and left it all on the field. Had the fumble been ruled a touchdown (as it should have been) we had a whole different ball game. With that said...no looking back. Both teams had excellent seasons that both towns should be very proud of. We knew that this would be an uphill battle with a team that has consistently proven their championship title worthiness.

As far as Highlands kids running over to FS side...maybe they were trying to get to the field but they were shouting YOU SUCK to their opponents fans. Now, 20 years ago that would have meant a full fledged brawl. As for parents hitting those kids....never saw that but I did see a bunch of parents stand between students and hurry Highlands kids back down to the other end. they should have never crossed that line...it was tacky, rude, and showed little respect to an opponent who fought fiercely to be there.

On another note, Congratulations to Highlands for what looks to be one of the best state championship bids on record. Keep up the good work!

And for Franklin-Simpson....Wildcat Pride never dies!

:Thumbs: Just so you know, I enjoy being an ass on here, nothing I posted prior to the game is meant to be taken seriously. You had our respect long before you played us. Franklin-Simpson's team is champions in our book.

And about the fans, I do hate to say that, from what I gather from people that were around, our kids supporting us that were not on the field did get a little carried away with the win, I'll admit. Thankfully nothing huge broke out. I've been to a couple of games where that happened and the results were very, very ugly and thankfully it did not get to that.
Stardust Wrote:[Image: http://cmsimg.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcsi....h=465&q=60]

[SIZE="7"]
X[/SIZE]
marks the spot...or at least holds the ball
Quit jackin' the forum with pics. There's plenty to view on max preps.:yikes:
Highlands Blue Birds Ky 4A State Champions!

Blau Vogel Wrote:Highlands Blue Birds Ky 4A State Champions!

Very nicely done.
Congrats Highlands!!! Great job and a great season.
Highlands hands F-S a 42-14 loss in state final

For Franklin-Simpson to knock off four-time defending Class 5-A state champion Fort Thomas Highlands in a state final Saturday, everything, even the breaks, would have to go the Wildcats’ way.

http://www.franklinfavorite.com/articles...330211.txt