Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 5 Star Center Prospect Nerlins Noel
Recently, Nation of Orange had the opportunity to chat with 2013 5-Star center prospect Nerlens Noel. Noel is the #1 rated center prospect in his class, and already holds offers from many schools, including Syracuse.

Nation of Orange: Describe your game and the type of player you are.

Noel: I think I am a player that knows how to lead a team and maintain a winning attitude. The strongest part of my game is definitely the defensive side, protecting the basket, and passing. I'd like to improve on building a wider ranged offensive game and getting stronger.

Nation of Orange: What are your goals this year, both personally and for your team?

Noel: Personally, I'd just like to progress in my development as a player. For my team, I want to win a championship.

Nation of Orange: As far as recruiting goes, who's been in touch with you? Any offers yet?

Noel: Yeah I have a lot of official offers already. I've just been working on my game preparing for the season so I haven't spoken with many coaches.

Nation of Orange: Who have you heard from the most? Or who sticks out at this point?

Noel: No one sticks out yet. But I've been in touch with Florida, Louisville, Syracuse, and Kentucky.

Nation of Orange: What are your thoughts on Florida and Coach Billy Donovan?

Noel: I think they have a good program and a great tradition of putting players into the NBA. I'd fit in very well there.

Nation of Orange: What about Coach Calipari and Kentucky? Do you like that they have a reputation of having a lot of "one and done" players?

Noel: The "one and done" thing doesn't bother me at all. I'm not worried about that. But I like their program, and I think I'd fit in very well with their up tempo style of play.

Nation of Orange: What about Syracuse? Coach Boeheim runs the 2-3 zone, so how do you think you'd fit into that?

Noel: I like Syracuse and the zone. I think I could block a lot of shots in it. I've played it before so I have some experience with zone. Playing in front of 30,000 fans would be big.

Nation of Orange: Do you have any visits planned at this point?

Noel: I don't have any planned yet, and I'm not sure who I'd like to visit when that time comes.

Nation of Orange: If you could compare your game to any current player, who would it be?

Noel: Definitely Kevin Garnett, with his size, strength, toughness, rebounding, and defensive abilities.

Nation of Orange: I'm sure you've heard about the Bernie Fine situation at Syracuse. Do you have any comment on that or how it affects your view of Syracuse?

Noel: No I don't want to comment on the situation. But I can say it hasn't affected my view of Syracuse to this point.
One quick thing....
How in the hell is this kid just a junior....
[Image: http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_roo...1322856552]

He looks 32 years old.
And BTW, how awesome would it be if for some reason Davis stuck around and we had the Unibrow AND Flat top down low.
Yes!!!