Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About having 6 classes...
Has anyone noticed, besides me, this thinning out of the talent is just watering down what use to be a great championship weekend? Look over the past few years since we have went to this system, you have about three teams in each class that keep showing up to the state championship, and most of those games have been blow outs. This year's state championships look to be a repeat of a lot of teams, with the except of 2A, that was there last year. (My opinions of who will make state...)

1A - Hazard vs. Mayfield (part II)
2A - Somerset vs Glasgow (the only except I believe)
3A - Belfry vs Central (seen this before)
4A - Highlands vs... well does it matter, they will dominate every class they play in until they are put with some of the big Louisville schools.
5A - Bowling Green most likey vs a new team from the east because Highlands dropped.
6A - Trinity and... do we even need to play the game?

Now how many times have we seen a majority of these schools in the state championships over the past few years? And to go one step further, look who Mayfield is having to play next week, Beechwood. Central is playing Fort Campbell. Highlands and Lex Cath. These are other teams that have always been there since this new formula went into place. Can't we go back to 4A or even 3A so we don't see the same teams every single year, because its so spread thin that a good program dominates right now.

Also, its spread so thin that Bell County and Central are playing in a regional final... WT??? Who would honestly say a team in the extreme north central part of the state could ever be in the same region as a team in the extreme southeast! Plus, thats probably the two best teams in the state in 3A and its a regional championship when they are hundreds of miles apart?
At least this week there were many competitive close games with a few won by a point or two and a few games going into overtime.
It would be nice if this trend continued but I expect more blowouts than close games in the semi's and finals.
If there were four or five classes, save a couple, the same teams would be there.
cream always rises to the top whether it's in 4 classes or 6
6 classes is a joke for this state plain and simple
Yay another one of these threads.
This crap has been beat to death over the past 3 weeks.
As ive said a million times, it aint gonna change, might as well get use to it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yay another one of these threads.
This crap has been beat to death over the past 3 weeks.
As ive said a million times, it aint gonna change, might as well get use to it.

LOL, I truly am tried of these threads. Every week we get 2-3 NEW ones with the EXACT same arguments, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and.................
It's getting to be similar to winning the slow pitch softball state title in the last few years of its existence. They had about 12 teams total playing slow pitch and 9 were within the 275 beltway.
Wideleft01 Wrote:It's getting to be similar to winning the slow pitch softball state title in the last few years of its existence. They had about 12 teams total playing slow pitch and 9 were within the 275 beltway.

Good post
nky Wrote:cream always rises to the top whether it's in 4 classes or 6

Trinity ( or St X from year to year), Bowling Green, Boyle or Lexington Catholic, Newcath, Beechwood or Mayfield would all still be pretty much fixtures to be on the carpet. In a 5 year span these teams would be there 4 out of 5, in some cases 5 out of 5. 4 classes would be the same story.
For all of you who are wanting to eliminate the first and second rounds, look at the state championship games that will probably happen....

In 1A the winner of the Mayfield/Beechwood game will blow out the winner of the Hazard/Pikeville Game.

2A is wide open, although i think Glasgow will win easily.

In 3A Central is going to beat Ft Campbell and the winner of the Belfry/Garrard game BADLY.

In 4A Highlands is going to blow out the rest of the competetion.

In 5A the winner of the Bowling Green/John Hardin game will blow out the winner of the Southwestern/Anderson Co. game.

In 6A, TRINITY. Need i say more?

So it looks as though 2A might be the only good game. This isnt a knock on teams but for those who are complaining about blowouts, wait and see what happens in the state championship games. Its gonna be messy.
Its not gonna change...
SlantStrong Wrote:Trinity ( or St X from year to year), Bowling Green, Boyle or Lexington Catholic, Newcath, Beechwood or Mayfield would all still be pretty much fixtures to be on the carpet. In a 5 year span these teams would be there 4 out of 5, in some cases 5 out of 5. 4 classes would be the same story.

I agree 100%
how many people on here is sick about this. no matter is it is 4 or 6 class, the best team will still make it to the title game. if it is not that it is something about private school. these is the way it is. so get over it.
^
amen
Old 4 Class System

1A - Beechwood, Mayfield, Danville
2A - New Cath,
3A - Highlands, Lex Cath, Boyle
4A - Trinity, St. X

Looks like the same group to me no matter what class system we have