Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 60 East Ridge 6
Pike Central stormed the gate early by getting a running clock late in the 1st half and cruised to victory.

Alan Boggs had yet another outstanding game, I believe he threw for 3/4 TD's and had 1 rushing too I believe.

Wes Pugh did a great job on punt returns, took 2 back I think.

Justin Smith had a very solid game too.
Congrats Pike Central
Nice to see Central do what they needed to do to post another win.
Central now has that 1 district win and is guaranteed a playoff spot, Oh and what week do they play the pirates cause I'm sure that will be one hell of a game.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Central now has that 1 district win and is guaranteed a playoff spot, Oh and what week do they play the pirates cause I'm sure that will be one hell of a game.

October 21st

Week Nine I Believe.

Could possibly be the game that crowns the district champion pending if both teams stay undefeated in district play.
I think it will be a shoot out between Belfry and PC. Lawrence appears to be getting better and SC seems to be going backward. ER and SC may have a toilet bowl to see who gets in.
Congrats Pike Co. Central.
Congrats HAWKS.JUSTIN SMITH is having an awesome year, he improves every game.BOGGS imo is already one of the best QB's in the state.SHOUSE can flat out hit.TRIVETTE is a beast at linebacker.HOPKINS and PUGH is all around awesome player's.I watched most of these kids play since gradeschool.I would
Congrats Hawks
J-Rod Wrote:Pike Central stormed the gate early by getting a running clock late in the 1st half and cruised to victory.

Alan Boggs had yet another outstanding game, I believe he threw for 3/4 TD's and had 1 rushing too I believe.

Wes Pugh did a great job on punt returns, took 2 back I think.

Justin Smith had a very solid game too.
Nice game by the Hawks. I was there to watch this one, and East Ridge has a couple of nice players, but are just severely outmanned.

Boggs made some nice throws in the game, showed pretty good accuracy in a light drizzling rain. I was impressed by the ER player (#4) who made the one handed interception of a Boggs pass early on the first drive, that was a heck of an athletic play. He and #56 were around the ball all night for ER on defense.

Sheldon Clark wins this one if they play East Ridge, too much speed in the backfield. Pike Central and Belfry game will be entertaining, because PC is strong where Belfry is weakest (passing offense), and Belfry is stronger in the running game. It will, as usual, come down to who wins in the trenches. That's kind of a toss up right now, but in my opinion, Belfry is better on both sides of the line.
Congrats Pike Central
East Ridge & Shelby Valley aren't good, by any means, but this win is good for PC. After a tough loss to Powell, two rollover wins over these two teams helps get the confidence back rolling. Now they play Lawrence, and then a terrible SC team to go to what COULD be the District Championship game against a tough Belfry squad. Shaping up to be a fun night over at PC's Stadium.
Central gettin ready for the Belfry Boys..
Belfry0304 Wrote:East Ridge & Shelby Valley aren't good, by any means, but this win is good for PC. After a tough loss to Powell, two rollover wins over these two teams helps get the confidence back rolling. Now they play Lawrence, and then a terrible SC team to go to what COULD be the District Championship game against a tough Belfry squad. Shaping up to be a fun night over at PC's Stadium.
Shelby Valley is a better ball club than what people think, they are young and this coaching staff has got them in the right direction!!!!!!
Something happen to all of my comments,I was just bragging on all of the HAWKS players and coaches.
Good job Hawks! Way to start out the district games. Keep up the hard work.
PC still isn't on Belfrys Level....but the game will be at PC so it could be close. Belfry will run for 600 yards and Boggs will throw for 500.
Congrats Hawks!
False Hope Wrote:I think it will be a shoot out between Belfry and PC. Lawrence appears to be getting better and SC seems to be going backward. ER and SC may have a toilet bowl to see who gets in.

Belfry will win by 3+ TD's.
I wasn't really going to mention this, but I was at this game and I thought that Pike Central scored 62, not 60.

KHSAA & everywhere else pretty much had the same thing, but recently I just noticed they did change it to 62 - 6.

Change plz?

Not that its a huge deal or anything.
congrats Hawks!!
My thoughts on the Pike Central vs. Belfry match up means nothing, so with that in mind.
I think Pike Central would have to score first and build a two-score lead to be in this one.
I also think that Belfry is in the head of most of the Central players and they would need their leader(Boggs)to preach all week that he and his team can win this game and someone other than the leader needs to step up and preach that. I also think Central has to have won the rest of their games going into the Belfry game, because if they get tripped up on the way not even Mr. Boggs is going to be able to make his team believe they can beat Belfry if they fall to another team.
U can say this in every game, the line on both sides of the ball is going to go a long way in determining, which team is going to win. I think in this case it holds even truer, because belfry has a line that has a history of whipping up on the Central line. Central will need that unit to play their best game, ever, and on both sides of the ball.
I am thinking of making the long drive to catch this one, if I do I hope to see a great game.