Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co./Lynn Camp
I think this one goes Whitley's way, and will go along way to pick up team morale. Don't beleive Coach Black will try to embarass the Campers.
Colonels 45
Campers 06
:rockon:
Fooseball Devil Wrote:I think this one goes Whitley's way, and will go along way to pick up team morale. Don't beleive Coach Black will try to embarass the Campers.
Colonels 45
Campers 06
:rockon:

I agree. They try real hard,so,don't hurt'em to bad.
It will be over at halftime
Whitley 42
Lynn Camp 13
Whitley Co. 34-7.
Whitley wins big! 42-10

good luck to the wildcats....lol their gonna need it
I believe Whitley will take this one handily. I hope Whitley can work on some things and improvements this week.
whitley co! easy win
Hopefully Whitley's players and coaches alike will use this game to work on things and make improvements because the road ahead for the Colonels is about as tough as it gets for anyone! Brutal!!

Whitley Co. - 49

Lynn Camp - 0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I would really like to see two things Whitley tries to improve on in this game.
1. The use of the defensive secondary. Whether that be blitzing or whatever they need some experience. I know LC dont throw the football much, but i hope they do in this one.
2. I would like to see Whitley work on the option more. With Nichols and Bryant in the backfield, id like to see black use Ysidro at QB and get him ready to run a true option offense that was so successful for us in 08. Weve ind of gotten away from a true option offense and relied to much on the fullback this year. If you put the Ysidro kid in and let him run a true option offense for four year, by the time hes a senior, this offense will be crazy.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would really like to see two things Whitley tries to improve on in this game.
1. The use of the defensive secondary. Whether that be blitzing or whatever they need some experience. I know LC dont throw the football much, but i hope they do in this one.
2. I would like to see Whitley work on the option more. With Nichols and Bryant in the backfield, id like to see black use Ysidro at QB and get him ready to run a true option offense that was so successful for us in 08. Weve ind of gotten away from a true option offense and relied to much on the fullback this year. If you put the Ysidro kid in and let him run a true option offense for four year, by the time hes a senior, this offense will be crazy.

That's exactly what I was saying after game #1. They have some athletes in Ysidro and Nichols.

I'd put them in a spread formation with a Bryant in the back field, and I'd move Nichols around in motion. You can still run power with Bryant, plus you can use Ysidro and Nichols speed on the edges or behind Bryant blocking. Not to mention the quick pass opportunities, bootlegs and other misdirection.
laker20 Wrote:That's exactly what I was saying after game #1. They have some athletes in Ysidro and Nichols.

I'd put them in a spread formation with a Bryant in the back field, and I'd move Nichols around in motion. You can still run power with Bryant, plus you can use Ysidro and Nichols speed on the edges or behind Bryant blocking. Not to mention the quick pass opportunities, bootlegs and other misdirection.

Thats not a bad idea at all.
Whitley use to be so good at jet sweep and toss sweeps while faking to the fullback.
Its all apart of the "flex bone" type of offense we run.
However, we use to be REALLY good at running the option when Lebanion was there at QB because he was talented enough to read tacklers and decided whether to pitch the ball or not and he was very good at whether or not to fake it to the full back. Its hard to get a kid that can read defenses well enough to know what he wants to do with the ball and carry out the right fake or not.
You have both have made some valid points on the offense of the Colonels, and I agree, but Ysidro does not yet have the command of the field, although he is getting better. I think you need to also add the Rose kid to the receiving corp, with his athletic ability he could make some plays. I think there are several more athletes that you will see on the field over the next few weeks for the Colonels. I am sure that as Ysidro matures in the offense you will see more wrinkles, and just to be brutally honest you just can't go wrong handing the ball off to that kind of fullback, he is a beast. They are still short a half back though.

In any event:

Whitley County 49
Lynn Camp 6

McCoy will kick a couple of FGs too.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:You have both have made some valid points on the offense of the Colonels, and I agree, but Ysidro does not yet have the command of the field, although he is getting better. I think you need to also add the Rose kid to the receiving corp, with his athletic ability he could make some plays. I think there are several more athletes that you will see on the field over the next few weeks for the Colonels. I am sure that as Ysidro matures in the offense you will see more wrinkles, and just to be brutally honest you just can't go wrong handing the ball off to that kind of fullback, he is a beast. They are still short a half back though.

In any event:

Whitley County 49
Lynn Camp 6

McCoy will kick a couple of FGs too.

I agree with everything but the bolded. I don't see Lynn Camp stopping a drive with Bryant running the ball.
Whitley can name their score against Lynn Camp.
McCoy will kick FGs to to get in game practice, Jim Black is not concerned with the final score only getting a W.
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:McCoy will kick FGs to to get in game practice, Jim Black is not concerned with the final score only getting a W.

Well he surely won't kick a FG on 3rd down or something.....unless it's the end of the half/game or something. I honestly don't see LC's D forcing a 4th down. Bryant should be able to run for 10+ at will in this game.
laker20 Wrote:That's exactly what I was saying after game #1. They have some athletes in Ysidro and Nichols.

:pondering:

I agree with a lot of the comments on here. The spread option we ran against Bell was the most effective and then we didn't hardly see it against Clay. Whitley is lacking team speed and doesn't have the power to let a defence stack 9 in the box and run it up the gut all night.

The spread option gets some breathing room for the fullback (Bryant almost always breaks a couple tackles). Plus if you have receivers that can block the quarterback option can be successful too.

I have always wondered how come Whitley doesn't run any swing passes, screens, and draws. I know they are more effective when you throw longer range passes, but in college we ran the option 90% of the time and were very successful with those type of plays.
Whitley Co. Rolls!

Whitley-56
Lynn Camp-12
colonel4life Wrote::pondering:

I agree with a lot of the comments on here. The spread option we ran against Bell was the most effective and then we didn't hardly see it against Clay. Whitley is lacking team speed and doesn't have the power to let a defence stack 9 in the box and run it up the gut all night.

The spread option gets some breathing room for the fullback (Bryant almost always breaks a couple tackles). Plus if you have receivers that can block the quarterback option can be successful too.

I have always wondered how come Whitley doesn't run any swing passes, screens, and draws. I know they are more effective when you throw longer range passes, but in college we ran the option 90% of the time and were very successful with those type of plays.

There's no faster way to the edge than a swing pass. Plus it forces the defensive secondary to play closer to the receivers. So it not only clears the box, but a lot of times it forces the D to go smaller. There's just so many options out the spread (or mod. spread) for a team like Whitley.

There's so many times that HS coaches base the offense off what they expect to see from the opposing teams D. When in reality, you should force the opposing team in to the Defense you want through your formations / play calling. Play to your teams strengths, not their teams strengths.
I would agree about throwing the ball but somebody has to catch it!
Whitley County in a blowout