Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets talk tradition!
tradition Wrote:What teams are considered Eastern Kentucky and when you say tradition, is it wins or history or fan support or all of the above. I have heard Highlands mentioned a few times in this discussion, but is it considered Eastern Ky? Or does Highlands only matter when an Eastern Ky team beats them?
Any team, any stadium, any tradition. Make your case for why. Highlands has been mentioned here because of respect for their tradition. Tradition can be anything, but make a good case for it. It's not just wins, obviously.
Side note, I always did love the rich-kid persona Pikeville has taken on and us and Pike Central (don't ever let me group us two together again) are the country kids despite a 20 mile range between all three schools. It's funny because you DO see alot of seriously country people over here, but I always hated that because it's not me. I've never worn camo, never been hunting, hate fishing, and don't talk like I'm from a "holler somewhur" ... I'm a Pirate who fits in w/ the Panther persona.

And my muffler doesn't drag, but my sunroof tends to leak sometimes. ):
Belfry0304 Wrote:Side note, I always did love the rich-kid persona Pikeville has taken on and us and Pike Central (don't ever let me group us two together again) are the country kids despite a 20 mile range between all three schools. It's funny because you DO see alot of seriously country people over here, but I always hated that because it's not me. I've never worn camo, never been hunting, hate fishing, and don't talk like I'm from a "holler somewhur" ... I'm a Pirate who fits in w/ the Panther persona.

And my muffler doesn't drag, but my sunroof tends to leak sometimes. ):
It's all in good fun...... mostly lol. There will always be exceptions on both sides haha.
Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE my Panthers and there is no other place for me or my children, but BELFRY has IMO more Tradition, it's in their blood on Pond Creek.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:LOL

"Back when we used to be State Title Contenders you had to drive on two mountains even to get to Belfry! Whyyyyyyyyyyy...I even remember that not only was Dawahare's still open..but their kids actually even played for Pikeville! Those were the days I tell ya."

(On a side note I miss Dawahare's)

:biglmao:
jetpilot Wrote:Haha I miss the old road to Belfry. New 119 is really cool and you can always spot Belfry fans going to away games. Muffler dragging w/sparks flying, skull in the back window with the eyes that light up red when they hit the brakes, Belfry bumper sticker, WV license plates, and Food City bags stuffed with clothes thrown in the back window...

:lmao:
I love Pike High, but traditon really has fallen off over the years. I went to many games where just the old faith were there. They have the titles which is something to respect (3 straght is hard to do for anyone) but its hard to say they have a lot of traditions. I do think theyre up at the top and on their way back to being a great team.

As much as i hate to admit it, i think Log Mountain is up there. The only problem is they dont back it up with big game wins. Middlesboro used to have it. And then Belfry, of course, takes it all.