Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 27 Paintsville 6
honestjchsfan Wrote:Nothing against Mr. Kinner but I think PHS should have hired Ronnie Wells. Many of Ronnie's former players at JCHS have sons that are outstanding there, plus he is a great coach, he may have been able to pull 1 or 2 good ones over. As far as the "spread' goes its great a offense but its a timing offense and very easy to get out of sink with it. When things go bad thats when you go back to the basics. You must remmeber that the "Veer" was a offense designed for teams that have less talent. It takes a Stud at QB to have a great Spread Offense he has got be able to throw and run with speed and power. I remember the days of Holbrook running that Option, he could have run the Spread. He is one of the most over looked Athletes in PHS histroy he had to run a 4.4-40 and tough as nails too. I have saw ever OB at PHS since 1983 and he is the best in my book,

Which Holbrook are you talking about, the one who played in the 80's or the 90's?
J Holbrook I think he was Class of 90' at Paintville High. I don't recall hearing his 40 time but it had to be lower than 4.5 he had a great arm too and was smart and tough. He was on the State Championship Baseball team played center field if I remember right.
That class of 90' at Paintsville was a heck of a group of ball players. In Basketball I don't think they had but one guy over 6 feet tall JCHS had 6-10 , 6-6 and 6-7 front line that year anyway Paintsville beat them out of the first round of the district lol. If I remember right they went on and beat one of the better Magoffin Co teams for the district title.
F.N.L. Wrote:You boys over there at Magoffin better not get your hopes up on beatin' the big P-ville. Jenkins had Paintsville beat right up till 2:00 minutes to go in the game. Jenkins lead 12-0 at the half, so don't get HIGH on the Paintsville win. Not to mention the SMACKDOWN an 0-3 West Carter gave Magoffin tonight.

All I have to say about this quote is we BEAT your :argue: the LAST 2 YEARS!!!! So that make us a lot better then the Confusednicker:Confusednicker: tigers!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:
honestjchsfan Wrote:J Holbrook I think he was Class of 90' at Paintville High. I don't recall hearing his 40 time but it had to be lower than 4.5 he had a great arm too and was smart and tough. He was on the State Championship Baseball team played center field if I remember right.

That would be Jerome Holbrook. His 40 time would be about a 4.6+. Good athlete, had a bunch of really good players around him. Tucker Howard, Greg Slone were in the back field with him, with Slone being the fastest player on the team with a 4.60 40. As far as being the best QB since 83 that you have seen, you must have missed the seasons from 2003-2006 to make a statement like that.
Daniel pugh was a good qb but my favorite since 83 was Chas harmon. Kid was tough as nails and could launch a football. One of the toughest small quarterbacks I've ever seen. He could throw a football better then daniel, but daniel was very good at running the ball and was better at that aspect of the game. If daniel had played for matney he would have put up crazy numbers in that offense.
White Feather Wrote:That would be Jerome Holbrook. His 40 time would be about a 4.6+. Good athlete, had a bunch of really good players around him. Tucker Howard, Greg Slone were in the back field with him, with Slone being the fastest player on the team with a 4.60 40. As far as being the best QB since 83 that you have seen, you must have missed the seasons from 2003-2006 to make a statement like that.

Daniel was a great athlete at the QB position and that shows with his TD record, but I think as far as a passing QB that Chas Harmon was much better. He took the Tigers to an 11-3 season, was the last QB to beat Pikeville and made a State Semi-Final appearance when Class A was tougher.
A big win for Magoffin County and looks like things are getting pretty interesting at Paintsville. From watching the past several years of Paintsville Football, Harmon and Pugh were both good quarterbacks for the the Tigers. Two different styles that both had good qualities.
White Feather Wrote:That would be Jerome Holbrook. His 40 time would be about a 4.6+. Good athlete, had a bunch of really good players around him. Tucker Howard, Greg Slone were in the back field with him, with Slone being the fastest player on the team with a 4.60 40. As far as being the best QB since 83 that you have seen, you must have missed the seasons from 2003-2006 to make a statement like that.
Nope I didn't miss those seasons no way Daniel Pugh was better QB or Athlete. Holbrook played in run first Offense and there is more to being a great QB than stats. Plus Holbrook played a lot tougher competion and era being the 1987,88 89 Pikeville Panthers Considered as the Greatest mountain team of all time and the states first 3-peat. I don't know were you got your 40 times but I saw Greg Slone timed at 4.6 myself by Paul Raines on JCHS track. I would assume Holbrooks time is accurate too. But since it you mention his time let be Known that Greg was 4th fastest on his Freshmen Football team at JCHS. Shows you what kind of team Ronnie Wells was robbed out of coaching.