Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2011
What do the Eagles need to do to improve from last year's 10-3 Team that made the playoffs?

Aug 20, 11Heathhome7:30 PM
Aug 26, 11Perry County Centralhome7:30 PM
Sep 2, 11Clay CountyawayAppalachian Bowl
Sep 16, 11
Logan, WVaway7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11Boyd Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11Greenup Countyaway7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11Rowan Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11Ashland Blazeraway7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11Belfryaway7:30 PM

The 10th Game will be the Weekend of Sep. 9th and against St. Thomas More, Ontario Canada. From What I've heard it will be a home game for Johnson Central. They met back in 2008 which Johnson Central pounded the crap outta them. 49-13
I cant wait until October 21st! Payback time!
Looking for a standout season from Jude this year.
Do the Golden Eagles play September 9th at home against St.Thomas More out of Canada? I thought that I had read something about that game.
^ Yes
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I cant wait until October 21st! Payback time!

Don't be too sure of yourself, Matney will have them ready.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Don't be too sure of yourself, Matney will have them ready.

No doubt he will have them ready, but this year it will be different. Let's just say we see things more clearly now and we WILL be ready for Matney's ground game.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:No doubt he will have them ready, but this year it will be different. Let's just say we see things more clearly now and we WILL be ready for Matney's ground game.

Haven't heard that one before. lol
Tomcat Pride Wrote:No doubt he will have them ready, but this year it will be different. Let's just say we see things more clearly now and we WILL be ready for Matney's ground game.

You cant stop it. You can only hope to contain it.
Ashland's problem with Johnson Central the past few years has been scheduling. Ashland probably could have beaten the Golden Eagles a few times in recent years if they had played early in the season while JC was still working on timing and coordination of the offense. Instead, the Tomcats play JC late in the season when JC's offense begins firing on all cylinders.

The Ashland-Johnson Central game should be a good one, especially since the game is played at Putnam again this year, but once again the game will be played deep into the schedule. Ashland will once again look like world beaters early in the season but time will tell if they are contenders or pretenders. JC may struggle some early in a few games and drop off everybody's radar screen again but Matney will have them ready to compete with Ashland. Maybe this will be the season that the Tomcats break their losing streak against JC - but I think not.
I think they'll have to really mix it up this year. With Gound at Qb he has a nice arm. And then they got JJ of course. One thing that will hurt them is there 5 linemen. They are young and unexperienced
if JC dont have anybody to run the ball like they did the last couple of years with Jude,i dont think he will be as affective because the more defensive teams can key on him now..
cuppett777 Wrote:if JC dont have anybody to run the ball like they did the last couple of years with Jude,i dont think he will be as affective because the more defensive teams can key on him now..

I think the key to success will be finding ways to get him the ball in one-on-one situations whenever possible. Whether that's lining him in the wildcat, the long pitch outs, screen passes...execution is going to be at a premium this year. Obviously somebody else to shoulder some of the load would be a great relief, but even in the best of all possible worlds, he's still going to get the ball 25 times a game - and if I as the average fan know that, obviously opposing coaches know that. Good thing he's built like a brick house, because not many guys his size could take the number of hits and amount of work he's going to get this season.
4th in 4A behind Highlands, Boyle County, Covinton Catholic.
I think it will be an undefeated regular season just looking at the schedule. I think there will be some nice surprises with new players that will be in the lineup. Too much success in the younger groups over the past 4 years.
rowan.county.will.be.pretty.good
OutsideLogic Wrote:I think it will be an undefeated regular season just looking at the schedule. I think there will be some nice surprises with new players that will be in the lineup. Too much success in the younger groups over the past 4 years.

they get beat last game by Belfry,Pirates win this year and end JC streak at 2..
OutsideLogic Wrote:I think it will be an undefeated regular season just looking at the schedule. I think there will be some nice surprises with new players that will be in the lineup. Too much success in the younger groups over the past 4 years.

A lot of sucess from the younger Eagles. The freshmen and sophmores went a combined 20-2 during their 8th grade years. Both 8th grade teams finished in the top 8 in the state. Add to that a quality 8th grade team this season that finished as state runner up in last years 7th grade state playoffs. Looks like the high school has been and will continue to be supplied quality players by an excellent middle school program of which I am PROUD to be a part of.
Good luck this year EAGLES from the class of "89..........#81
Can anyone tell me anything about the kid from JC that transferred to Ashland he is on the freshman team just came out a few days ago? Name is pickle or picklesimer maybe?? Not sure but seem to remember a kid that played last year vs verity 7th grade which would make him an 8th grader? Idk
Pickle is a great kid. He played on the 8th grade team last year. He started tight end.
Glad to hear!
TRUESTATECHAMP Wrote:rowan.county.will.be.pretty.good

Hate to burst your bubble but Rowan will be third behind Ashland and Johnson Central.

Dream on. :eyeroll:

I gurantee you they wont leave Putnam undefeated!
matney should have scheduled sheldon clark again. i suppose thats just too risky after last years game
blackcats better be getting ready for sheldon clarks "greatest show on turf" come week 2
Strikeout King Wrote:What do the Eagles need to do to improve from last year's 10-3 Team that made the playoffs?

Aug 20, 11Heathhome7:30 PM
Aug 26, 11Perry County Centralhome7:30 PM
Sep 2, 11Clay CountyawayAppalachian Bowl
Sep 16, 11

Logan, WVaway7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11Boyd Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11Greenup Countyaway7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11Rowan Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11Ashland Blazeraway7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11Belfryaway7:30 PM

The 10th Game will be the Weekend of Sep. 9th and against St. Thomas More, Ontario Canada. From What I've heard it will be a home game for Johnson Central. They met back in 2008 which Johnson Central pounded the crap outta them. 49-13

I was wondering why there wasn't a 10th game list at KHSAA. Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
marine one Wrote:matney should have scheduled sheldon clark again. i suppose thats just too risky after last years game

He tried talk to your ad and your coach brother.
OffTheHook Wrote:I was wondering why there wasn't a 10th game list at KHSAA. Thanks!

The 10 th game is st. Thomas More out of Canada on Sept. 9.
cuppett777 Wrote:they get beat last game by Belfry,Pirates win this year and end JC streak at 2..

I agree 100%...Pirates will be ready...plus its at the camTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho