Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madrick resigns as Holmes athletic director
COVINGTON, Ky. -- Ron Madrick, athletic director at Covington Holmes High School since 1993, resigned Monday because of health reasons, the school announced.

No replacement has been named.

Madrick, who was inducted into the Northern Kentucky Athletic Conference Hall of Fame last year, coached high school football, leading DeSales to a 4A state runnerup finish in 1981, and joined the University of Louisville staff in 1983. He is a member of the Jefferson County Football Coaches Hall of Fame (2005) and the recipient of the Mt. Carmel Man in the Arena Award (2006).
Hmm, what is going on with Holmes. They have lost both their Basketball coach and their Basketball coach over the last two years who have left on their own accord. Now the AD is headed out.
Man... I hope that Booher can still succeed up there. He deserves it.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ It would be nice to see, but it sure feels like something is happening in the school. Holmes should not be a stepping stone school
Sounds like it! I cant figure it out!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I talked with Ron Madrick today and he wanted me to pass along that he's not dying anytime soon. His doctor suggested that he should reduce his amount of work to lessen the amount of stress he's taking on, but anyone that knows Ron knows that it's either all or nothing and for the amount of work he's done for Holmes, the safer and smarter choice for him and his family was to retire. He's not leaving for another job, he'll still be involved with Holmes athletics (more as a fan than an employee). Holmes High School and the entire city of Covington owes Ron Madrick many thanks and I wish him the best in the future.

In the mean time, I have no clue who the next A.D. will be at Holmes. I've never seen Madrick with an assistant or secretary.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Man... I hope that Booher can still succeed up there. He deserves it.

With this happening, wonder if he would be interested in the Montgomery Co job?