Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated Players in the 14th region.
When it comes to the 14th region, most names that are thrown out there are Gilbert, Rich, Fetters, Smith, Stepp, etc. But who do you think is one of the best players that aren't appreciated as much as they should be from the 14th region?

Myself, I really think that Daniel Neeley from Owsley is extremely underrated. Despite carrying the team in Smith's absense he puts up near 18 points each game.

Another that don't get alot of mention it Cox from June Buchanan. He is extremely talented behind the arch just like Neeley is.
Neeley is very underrated in the 14th region. He was carrying his team until Robert Smith came back averaging over 30 points a game.
"Yankee fan" Wrote:Neeley is very underrated in the 14th region. He was carrying his team until Robert Smith came back averaging over 30 points a game.
I cant say that neeley is underrated...He is at the top of every scouting list
Chris Puckett! The boy can play! Straight out of MACTOWN!
no disrespect to anybody in the 14th region, but i dare say that Chris Puckett is the best shooter in the region. There are players that score more, but he is the best pure shooter in the region. :Thumbs:
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Chris Puckett! The boy can play! Straight out of MACTOWN!
Matthew Williams for hazard is possibly the best defensive player in the 14th. Great ball handler
Zach Gay and Josh Riley-Buckhorn Zach Hurt- Cordia and Cody Gilbert-Wolfe
Trey Congleton from Owsley helps the team out alot with rebounds and scoring. Considering that he doesn't get the credit that he deserves, he does a very good job at scoring when he gets the opportunity.
"JumpShotKing21" Wrote:Zach Gay and Josh Riley-Buckhorn Zach Hurt- Cordia and Cody Gilbert-Wolfe
I agree with Riley. Noone knows him really but he is crucial to that team. Cody Gilbert isn't underrated as most believe he is the best in the 14th. I also think that Estill gets no love as they are new to the region.
Matt Williams Is The Truth.......................straight Outta H-town
Jordan Fugate and Kyle Howard from Jackson City
Tyrone Biggums, a freshman out of Hazard is possibly the most underrated player in the region. He has a good head on his shoulders.
Fugate and Howard are a little inconsistant. In the beginning of the year, they got a lot of press, but they have lost some games they shouldn't have, and won some too for that matter, but they disappear in some games.
"OverTheBack" Wrote:Fugate and Howard are a little inconsistant. In the beginning of the year, they got a lot of press, but they have lost some games they shouldn't have, and won some too for that matter, but they disappear in some games.
I have to disagree with you they have lost some games they should have won but they aint inconsistant because there still averaging about the same and both of them aint had a game yet when both of them have been hitting and come district time things will change in Tigerville. :CE_DP_Ste
"bigdog_2" Wrote:both of them aint had a game yet when both of them have been hitting
Thats the point I was trying to make. They are both good players, just not at the same time it seems.
yea i agree
Dennis and Romans from powell
Chris Puckett is awesome and is just a sophomore. I would put him up against any player in the 14th. GO PUCKETT!!!!
"OverTheBack" Wrote:Fugate and Howard are a little inconsistant. In the beginning of the year, they got a lot of press, but they have lost some games they shouldn't have, and won some too for that matter, but they disappear in some games.

I don't think they disappear in some games. In fact, it seems like they have their best game when they are playing great teams. They both had around 20+ points the first time they played Lee, and also against Leslie and the 6A school Summerville from South Carolina. Sometimes one does better than the other, but you have to agree that a whole lot of Jackson's success this year has to do with these two young men.
Durell Olinger and Chucky Osteen from Hazard as well as Matt Williams.........these guys are gonna step up and play some major roles
"watchinthegame" Wrote:Durell Olinger and Chucky Osteen from Hazard as well as Matt Williams.........these guys are gonna step up and play some major roles

i agree totally....olinger and o'steen...though coming late to the team...have both held their own against teams....olinger is finally starting to get his perimeter shot back...o'steen is a solid shooter, he just doesn't shoot enough....o'steen is also becoming a very good point gaurd
"shooter7x" Wrote:I don't think they disappear in some games. In fact, it seems like they have their best game when they are playing great teams. They both had around 20+ points the first time they played Lee, and also against Leslie and the 6A school Summerville from South Carolina. Sometimes one does better than the other, but you have to agree that a whole lot of Jackson's success this year has to do with these two young men.
Agreed. These two (Howard and Fugate) tend to step it up a bit against stiffer competition. These two young men are seniors and the season is winding down. I look for this duo to finish the season with some good games. :graduate:
"bigdog_2" Wrote:I have to disagree with you they have lost some games they should have won but they aint inconsistant because there still averaging about the same and both of them aint had a game yet when both of them have been hitting and come district time things will change in Tigerville. :CE_DP_Ste
I agree! Some games Howard has had an "A" game and Fugate has had a "B" or "C" game and sometimes Fugate has had an "A" game and Howard has had his "B" or "C" game. If these two both get together and have "A" games on the same night, then school will be in session! :rock: I hope come district time the Tigers can string about 5 good games together and take that bus ride to Lexington!:champ: