Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Time All Mountain Team.
I Rule The World Wrote:Here is the link..

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/highschool.html

Interesting link, I'm glad to see Couch mentioned as one of the Top 10 high school athletes of all time. He is probably my all-time favorite UK football player, and he would've had a good pro career if the Browns hadn't totally set him up behind an o-line about as tough as Kleenex. But...

It's pretty obvious that the reason he's on that list is 99% for his football accomplishments, setting all those national high school records. While Couch could certainly ball and knew how to score, his basketball career is simply a footnote on the end of this story. (And an inaccurate one, at that. They listed him as a Mr. Basketball winner, not football. Doh!)
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, that is inaccurate...
Dameon Fishback was Mr. Basketball that year.. And Charles Thomas was Mr. Basketball Tim's junior year..
More Cowbell Wrote:Interesting link, I'm glad to see Couch mentioned as one of the Top 10 high school athletes of all time. He is probably my all-time favorite UK football player, and he would've had a good pro career if the Browns hadn't totally set him up behind an o-line about as tough as Kleenex. But...

It's pretty obvious that the reason he's on that list is 99% for his football accomplishments, setting all those national high school records. While Couch could certainly ball and knew how to score, his basketball career is simply a footnote on the end of this story. (And an inaccurate one, at that. They listed him as a Mr. Basketball winner, not football. Doh!)

Couch was a heck of a basketball player. If I remember correctly, he averaged about 38 ppg and lead the state in scoring. Of course he was a better football player than basketball player. Other than his problems with the expansion Browns, Couch also had a hard time learning the west coast offense and was cut by the Packers.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I agree with this! I think that is a team that in their prime (EJ still is) could hang with just about anyone!
No way Justice belongs on this list
Its hard to compare era's, but if there were10 players that were better than Todd May and Nick Sanford I would be amazed.
NewGuy Wrote:Its hard to compare era's, but if there were10 players that were better than Todd May and Nick Sanford I would be amazed.

I don't know about Sanford, but I'm sure there weren't 10 mountain players better than Todd May.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rojas Wrote:Couch was a heck of a basketball player. If I remember correctly, he averaged about 38 ppg and lead the state in scoring. Of course he was a better football player than basketball player. Other than his problems with the expansion Browns, Couch also had a hard time learning the west coast offense and was cut by the Packers.

Yes, he was a great basketball player, and I remember he did lead the state in scoring with an average something like that. I'm just saying I don't think he's in the all-time top 10 mountain players.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nick Sanford was an NBA-type athlete. He also had a brother that was a couple of years older that looked like an NFL linebacker. I also remember a player from Middlesboro named Lawrence Buell who was really good.
I will make my list from names that have been left off thus far: Mark Myers, Craig Ratliff,
Stoney Newsome, Jimmy Kent Kerr, Jody Thompson
I think this is good list
Landon Slone from Paintsville....Jeremy Hall from Allen Central...WAH WAH Jones....