Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 KY Cal Ripkin 12 Year Old State Tournament (Big Sandy)
Big Sandy (Pikeville) defeats Whitley County 12-0 in 4 innings in their first game. Future Panther Austin Salyer blasts two HRs in the win. They will play Southeastern (Lexington) tomorrow at 12.
Are Big Sandy and Johnson Co. not in the same district/region together?
Bob Seger Wrote:Are Big Sandy and Johnson Co. not in the same district/region together?
Johnson County did not have a team in the district tournament. I seem to remember there being like a 70 foot base 12 year old all-star division in Cal Ripkin maybe that is where they are.

Big Sandy was defeated 15-5 by Southeastern today. they led 5-3 in the 4th before a huge SE rally.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Johnson County did not have a team in the district tournament. I seem to remember there being like a 70 foot base 12 year old all-star division in Cal Ripkin maybe that is where they are.

Big Sandy was defeated 15-5 by Southeastern today. they led 5-3 in the 4th before a huge SE rally.

Perhaps it is. I know a Johnson Co. 12 year old team is playing in a state tournament in Mount Sterling at this very moment.
Big Sandy defeated Casey County 4-0 to advance to the Final 4 of the tournament.
Big Sandy was eliminated in the Final Four of the Tournament in a 6-3 loss to Scott County.
Congrats to the Big Sandy kids for making a good run down at state.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This tournament, 50-70 is dominated by Lexington Southeast each and every year...However, Scott County is beginning to catch up with them and Scott County did have a 10 year old team win the Cal Ripken World Series last year...
Navajo4life Wrote:This tournament, 50-70 is dominated by Lexington Southeast each and every year...However, Scott County is beginning to catch up with them and Scott County did have a 10 year old team win the Cal Ripken World Series last year...

There are a few teams catching up with them!!! Lake Cumberland (Somerset/Pulaski), Johnson Co. (who was only defeated 7-6 by Southeast), Scott Co., Shelby Co., and even South Lexington. These tournaments are loaded with talent. I have watched a few of the Cal Ripken and a few of the Little League state tournaments and Cal Ripken is far more competitive than Little League!! The talent is far more superior!! However to win you have to go through Southeast Lexington and even though it is getting closer it remains a tough task!!!