Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest running back youve seen from your school?
moofer Wrote:Well that wouldn't be fair would it since Tiller is about 10 years older than Jones. Come on lol. Besides Till goes bout 250 now lol.:ChairHit:

:Thumbs: :bounce:
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:Tiller is near or over 30 years old with kids of his own. Jones is a college athlete. There would be no comparison now. That is not the topic of this thread. The topic was fastest you have ever seen. That means when they were playing not when they are 30 after major knee surgery. The fact of the matter is you can not support the point you made that Jones could out run Tiller 7 of 10 times. That was and still is a stupid thing to say. The players were spread over years and competition. Nobody will ever know who was faster. Why do you continue to make yourself sound stupid by saying things that descrace the great Belfry community. Even people who coached the kids would agree with me that you can't say one was faster than the other. There is no way to tell.

I said IMO Jones would outrun Tiller 7 times out of 10. And no it is not stupid to say that IMO he would.

Jones is the fastest I have ever seen, including Brad Tiller.

Now, one can be considered stupid for not understanding that.:watch:
Devilologist Wrote:Josh Gross last year ran a 4.3- 40 ask IDOC on BGP he will back it up, he should know. Some say he a ran a 4.28 at a camp this year. Dont know was not there but the 4.3 was legit.

That would mean Jones runs a 3.9 40 yd dash & Doug Howard runs a 4.0 40.Rolleyes
BigSlick Wrote:That would mean Jones runs a 3.9 40 yd dash & Doug Howard runs a 4.0 40.Rolleyes

Hey BigSlick,

Just wondering why you don't believe the times put up by Josh Gross? Is there any reason? Yes Jones and Howard were both great running backs, and both may very well have been better than Gross, but just because they were better doesn't mean they were faster, even if they were very fast. Also, I fully doubt you have ever seen Josh run a 40 yard dash, film doesn't count. That is wearing football gear and on grass. Some players are effected more and some less when comparing their times ran on grass, in pads, with cleats, partially exhausted from the game in comparison to no pads, with track shoes, on a track, with 100% energy.
Josh Gross was not close to the same speed as David Jones, I'm telling you he was Doug Howard speed, which was fast dont get me wrong, but these times your saying he ran are rediculous, your saying he is faster than Micheal Vick...
I am not going to argue, just making a statement. If VICK did not run a 4.3- 40 then yes I am saying that Josh is faster. He did have 200 yards against Jones and Howard in a loosing effort against BELFRY in the 2004 play-offs. Jones did not catch him when he broke loose, Howard did not catch him either. I have the film that shows it clearly. Granted you guys had the best team that year and won a great victory. But Josh was as fast as your 2 RB's.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Hey BigSlick,

Just wondering why you don't believe the times put up by Josh Gross? Is there any reason? Yes Jones and Howard were both great running backs, and both may very well have been better than Gross, but just because they were better doesn't mean they were faster, even if they were very fast. Also, I fully doubt you have ever seen Josh run a 40 yard dash, film doesn't count. That is wearing football gear and on grass. Some players are effected more and some less when comparing their times ran on grass, in pads, with cleats, partially exhausted from the game in comparison to no pads, with track shoes, on a track, with 100% energy.

Gross wasn't even the fastest guy on his team, and Jones could smoke smoke him. Howard left him in the dust twice, watch your film, and Howard was a low 4.5 guy on a good day. Gross would be fortunate to run a 4.6 40, which is fast, but to sit here and tell people he ran 4.3 is flat out ridiculous.

I know this is all on the football field, but if he wasn't even in the top 3 (fastest guys on the field) then there is no way he could run a 4.3 40. Belfry had 3 guys who could outrun him and none of those guys ran a 4.3 40 (Jones, Howard, and Maynard).
piratefaithful Wrote:Josh Gross was not close to the same speed as David Jones, I'm telling you he was Doug Howard speed, which was fast dont get me wrong, but these times your saying he ran are rediculous, your saying he is faster than Micheal Vick...

Thats a stretch.....he was closer Trevor Compton of Prestosnburg speed, IMO.
It would have to be either Dusty Brock or Jimmy Chaffin
team_scout_13 Wrote:It would have to be either Dusty Brock or Jimmy Chaffin

How about ol joe roskoph
Well, I am really good friends with one of David's best friends so the next time that I talk to her I will be sure to ask what David's time is now and what his records were in the past.
He told someone that he ran 4.28 at track practice the other day, but he didn't tell that directly to me so...
I will ask him asap and post my findings.
Battle Tested Wrote:i bet tiller is a better baseball player lol

your right about that one. but i bet bigslick would argue that too.
corndog23 Wrote:your right about that one. but i bet bigslick would argue that too.

I bet BigSlick would win, too.:Thumbs:
it was either bj or mays from sf don't know bout joe
I'm sure he's not that fastest ever from Ashland. But the only one I can give a definite time for is Arliss Beach. He personally said today that the fastest he's ever been clocked in the 40 yard dash was 4.41
BigSlick Wrote:I bet BigSlick would win, too.:Thumbs:

is that why brad tiller played professional baseball and david jones is playing football for the worst team in the country???
moofer Wrote:is that why brad tiller played professional baseball and david jones is playing football for the worst team in the country???

Are you trying to compare minor league baseball to SEC football?Smile

Come on......you gotta come with something better than that.:wtf1:
joe blackburn and chat yates IMO
howard and jones were some of the best i've seen though