Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 49, Pikeville 42 (15th Region Championship)
First of all, congratulations to Greg and the staff he assembled. I hope he finally gets the recognition he deserves...amzing job this year. I told most of these boys early on, "it doesn't matter where you start, only where you finish." It has been a long and hard season for this group of young men and the coaches. This success couldn't have happened to a better group of young men... and to the seniors of last years team, thanks for being great leaders and mentors for these guys. Again, I couldn't be more proud of Greg, his staff, and the MEN with VALLEY across their chest. Just remember,

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." - Babe Ruth
No one outside of the team understands what this team went thru. From the middle school kids pulling double duty to the older kids playing in front of an empty gym, these kids have went thru tough times. The kids that played deserve the glory but I would like to thank Jesse,Mason,Estill,Cory,Maldanado and Chandler for practicing hard everyday,never complaining and supporting the kids that played. It is a fitting end to a rough season.
itzAmazing Wrote:Congrats to SV. It truly has been amazing what they have done this postseason. My hat goes off to them. A true cinderella story.

:Thumbs: My sentiments exactly. Great job. Good luck at state.
By the way, does anyone have the stats from this game? I would love to see the points breakdown for the wildcats.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
oldtimer3 Wrote:Crow is hard to swallow sometimes, isn't it.

Panther Thunder Wrote:Care to expand upon this comment? I have been nothing short of complementary of SV.

Panther Thunder is right, he has been very fair in his comments about local teams, and has no reason to "eat crow". He is a Pikeville fan who wanted his team to win, but he has not been getting on here putting down SV or predicting blowout wins for the Panthers.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StanTheFan Wrote:Knew that was coming! Everyone predicted it, wait no true valley fan thought they would have a good season this year, , We predicted it again.. wait we got beat by pikevile in the distric so no one even thought we would get out of district, wait we beat JCCHS in the first round, we predicted it, we won, lets rumble through old posts to prove we predicted it now after arguing we never said they would be any good! One thing is for sure, your fans are just as inconsistent as your team,, even in attendence (much bigger crowd last game of the tourney than the first,, had like 12 people in the pep section against JCCHS) , but i will have to say one thing, you were both right when it counted! congratulations

Well, I gotta say I never expected you would get on here. I figured after all of your "Valley sucks" and "Hail Pikeville" comments, you would be too ashamed to even come on BGR and admit you were wrong. Looks like I was half right, you got on here, but I sure don't see any backtracking.

Amazing that after SV just won and kept your team from going to Rupp, you still have the utmost arrogance in your post. Is it hard to come to grips with the fact that even with SV having its worst season in years, you still couldn't break through and win region?

Seven out of ten now, and counting... :eyeroll:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WOW!! I never expected this! I guess this goes to show the determination and perseverance that these kids have!! Congrats Wildcats and good luck in the Sweet 16!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't think anybody would have pegged them to win the title even as short as a month ago. Out of all 7 titles SV has won in this amazing 10-year run, this has got to be the one that NOBODY saw coming.

So true.
Good luck to Valley
Does anyone think Valley is the BEST team in the region? Aside from the upset and single digit wins?
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:Does anyone think Valley is the BEST team in the region? Aside from the upset and single digit wins?

Looks like they were the best team when it counted....
I am going to go ahead and predict Shelby Valley to win the 15th region next year. Why not, I have at least 70% chance of being right. I think Valley will be stronger and overall better next year as they were this year, and since I am making predictions, I am going to say that Valley will challenge for another state title by 2014.
trufan Wrote:I am going to go ahead and predict Shelby Valley to win the 15th region next year. Why not, I have at least 70% chance of being right. I think Valley will be stronger and overall better next year as they were this year, and since I am making predictions, I am going to say that Valley will challenge for another state title by 2014.

I think that is what everyone is hoping for. They have the big components to challenge down at the state toruney. A future star big man in Belter, a strong and consistent power forward in Newsome, a great shooter in Maldanado and two great ball handlers in Lucas and Richardson. Not to say that Logan Lucas, Jordan Robinson, and Cody Bentley will not have a great year for Valley next year, but those young players will have the right experience by 2014 to make a great run!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Panther Thunder Wrote:Care to expand upon this comment? I have been nothing short of complementary of SV.

Yes, it's your use of complimentary.
I cannot believe StanTheFan has no shame. After the way he downed specific players from Valley & constantly degraded everyone from the fans to the players from Valley all season, he still can't give a positive statement without several negative ones. He has been proven wrong time and time again on here, especially when it comes to Valley, & still can barely admit defeat. We don't care if we win a game at Rupp, we made it, (again) just like one of the Roberts boys ( along with very few others) said we would!! If anybody knows StanTheFan, check to make sure he didn't choke on that bitter congrats he sent out! LOL
oldtimer3 Wrote:Yes, it's your use of complimentary.

I guess it just goes to show you, if you always look for the bad in something
(all things Pikeville) you'll find it, right old timer?
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:Does anyone think Valley is the BEST team in the region? Aside from the upset and single digit wins?

They are the best program in the 15th. When you have a great program the teams usually take care of themselves. Great programs produce championships, not great teams! 7 for 10, can't argue with that.