Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands new wide receivers coach
The new coach of the wide receivers at Highlands is Cris Collinsworth.
mrb5150 Wrote:The new coach of the wide receivers at Highlands is Cris Collinsworth.

Truth?
I wouldn't necessarily say NEW!
Stardust Wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say NEW!

Only difference now is that it's official. Eh?
^ Exactly!
Guess he's putting a Plan B in place for the NFL lockout
Wow!
Stardust Wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say NEW!

You are right. He is around the school alot to help, and has been an assistant coach for the girls track team for several years. Great guy who the kids love.
^ I'm not knocking him at all. My son played for him in the Ft. Thomas league before going to the Red Devils and LOVED him!
nky Wrote:Guess he's putting a Plan B in place for the NFL lockout

It's not a salary cut at HHS:Clap:
sstack Wrote:You are right. He is around the school alot to help, and has been an assistant coach for the girls track team for several years. Great guy who the kids love.

Others on here may be closer to this than I am but I beleive it is misleading to imply (or maybe I am just inferring from the string of messages) that what Cris will be doing now is in any way similar to his past relationship with the football team. Certainly, Cris has been a huge supporter and helpful to the team in all respects but to my knowledge he has not been involved in "coaching" the high school team in any meaningful capacity in the past beyond perhaps an occasional individual instruction session. He has helped coach his sons' little league football teams in past years. His Fall schedule (obviously his "busy" season with broadcasts and taping of his other football shows) would have prevented him from being available regularly for high school coaching and the team has had a wide receivers coach (the most recent of which I believe has just graduated college or had some other similar change of circumstances). Cris has much more flexibility with his schedule and time in the Spring which has allowed him to help coach the track team where his daughters have competed. I would expect his anticipated time availability for now (this Summer and perhaps Fall) is created by the NFL lockout situation. I would whole-heartedly agree Cris is a great person and incredibly well-liked by everyone in the community and no doubt he will be a great asset to the team with this new role and regular time instructing and coaching the receivers and the team based on his experience and expertise so this is quite a fortunate windfall for the Bluebirds.
Rich get richer.good gets better
Cris was Pat Towles' and Ozzie Sheehan's coach when both were 8th graders as members of the Gold team in the FTJFL. With the weapons already in HHS' arsenal, it looks like the Bluebirds will be flying even higher through the air with Cris as the WR coach.

Anytime a HS baller can be under the tutelage of an ex-NFL player they'll be better for it.