Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Davis to Illinois
The first commit during the Joker Phillips era has spurned the Cats for Illinois.

Another big loss on signing day for UK.
He must have gotten Zooked. I can't understand this one.
UKisN1 Wrote:He must have gotten Zooked. I can't understand this one.

Charlie Strong opened the can of worms, but couldn't close the deal.

Strong's pitch to keep Davis interested was the fact Uk was loaded with TE's with Soph Anthony Kendrick, FR Tyler Robinson, FR Jordan Aumiller, and redshirting 4* Alex Smith. He then used UK's commitment from Josh Forest (projected WR) and Alex Dupree (projected DE) as ammo saying they were both TE prospects.

The probable with Strong's pitch is the fact he has several young TE's as well and was hard after the Dubose kid from Miami (projected DE). Zook got a late visit with Davis and sold him on early playing time and the fact his TE's combined for only 15 catches the year before.
Brohm is who landed Davis.

Brohm & Illinois recruited a lot of Jefferson County kids this year.
We have to do better recruiting in our state!
Another huge loss for Joker and his staff.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Charlie Strong opened the can of worms, but couldn't close the deal.

Strong's pitch to keep Davis interested was the fact Uk was loaded with TE's with Soph Anthony Kendrick, FR Tyler Robinson, FR Jordan Aumiller, and redshirting 4* Alex Smith. He then used UK's commitment from Josh Forest (projected WR) and Alex Dupree (projected DE) as ammo saying they were both TE prospects.

The probable with Strong's pitch is the fact he has several young TE's as well and was hard after the Dubose kid from Miami (projected DE). Zook got a late visit with Davis and sold him on early playing time and the fact his TE's combined for only 15 catches the year before.

I thought louisville was right there to close it, but that's zook for ya. Ron Zook loves recruiting in Cincinnati and Louisville and this was a great pick up for Illinois.
UKisN1 Wrote:He must have gotten Zooked. I can't understand this one.

That's right ! And a couple of other highly rated recruits were very , very close to also being illini , zooked so to speak.
Congrats its a great school and great conference