Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spencer County 67 - Matha Layne Collins 51
Final
Spencer Co. 17 18 15 17 67
Collins 17 6 9 19 51

Spencer Co. (14-4) -- L. Dunbar 21, Wyatt 17, Miller 9, Goodwin 2, C. Dunbar 14, Mills 4.
Collins (13-5) -- Edwards 7, Elzy 3, Brooks 4, Marshall 22, Dugle 3, Page 2, Stone 4, Johnson 6.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1BRpd19gm
Everyone keeps down playing Spencer Co but to me they are a top team in the 8th region and wouldnt be surprised if they didnt go pretty deep they very experienced and tall inside have decent perimeter players they could make a real run in the region.
Wow...this score surprises me. I would have liked to have seen this game. I haven't seen Spencer County play this year but obviously I am going to try and make a game if/when my schedule allows. I would have thought Spencer would have had trouble with the length and athletic ability of Collins. I guess this puts Spencer in the mix for anyone that didn't think they were in before.
I'm looking for Spencer to go deep into the tournament, I like the dunbar kid and the way he plays.
I can see why Martha Layne was not looking forward to this year without Hicks, there a totally different team without him...
Navajo4life Wrote:I'm looking for Spencer to go deep into the tournament, I like the dunbar kid and the way he plays.

Both Chris and Logan Dunbar are great players. They really hurt Collins inside and they can handle the ball well.
Navajo4life Wrote:I can see why Martha Layne was not looking forward to this year without Hicks, there a totally different team without him...

Actually, Shelby County is the one devistated, Collins is actually holding their own and I still think a threat in the 8th region with their size and athletes. With Hicks they may have been an almost sure bet, but still in the mix without him. If I'm not mistaken, up to last week, Shelby County had won 3 ball games between their boys and girls varsity teams according to an article in the local paper. I knew they were hurting, but didn't realize how bad it was.
BigVMan23 Wrote:Actually, Shelby County is the one devistated, Collins is actually holding their own and I still think a threat in the 8th region with their size and athletes. With Hicks they may have been an almost sure bet, but still in the mix without him. If I'm not mistaken, up to last week, Shelby County had won 3 ball games between their boys and girls varsity teams according to an article in the local paper. I knew they were hurting, but didn't realize how bad it was.

Actually they have only won one. The boys are 1-15 and the girls are 0-14.
The Dunbar boys are great they really know the game and how to use their bodies. Neither is overly athletic although they have a transfer who can come in and add athleticism with his lenght at about 6' 6''.